NBL 2018/2019 season thread continuation

Started by jvalles69, October 03, 2016, 02:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Griffen

Massive news NBL moving to ESPN. Great for the bigger games and the ability to create content around the games themselves. However only seem to be mentioning the prime time games. Some seem to think that the others will be shared upon watch espn, FTA and other platforms like NBL TV. If that is really the case I’m not happy that every game won’t be in one place like the last few seasons

R.Griffen

And SBS viceland for the rest of the games... Not sure how I feel about this

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on July 31, 2019, 10:49:50 AM
And SBS viceland for the rest of the games... Not sure how I feel about this

ESPN get prime time games, but I think SBS get all games including the prime time ones, plus SBS On Demand.  All finals will also be free to air, has to be a good thing for the growth of the sport, us usual fans will just have to get used to it changing I guess.  Wonder what time those prime time games will be on in the USA?  Assume only the hardcore fans of Hampton and Ball will be watching?

In for an incredible season, every team looks stacked.  Getting pretty inpatient with my Wildcats C signing though!

R.Griffen

Holy shower. Not even the AFL pay for its own production. NBL are paying for everything as the rights were free as well. The only thing the NBL get back is the ad revenue. That’s crazy

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on July 31, 2019, 01:16:34 PM
Holy shower. Not even the AFL pay for its own production. NBL are paying for everything as the rights were free as well. The only thing the NBL get back is the ad revenue. That’s crazy

I can't see NBL ever running at a profit to be honest.  Channel 9 weren't doing the brand any justice, instead causing alienation from the fans, glad they had the decency to let LK take it elsewhere and give the fans better time slots.  Wonder how the commentary team will work on SBS?  I'd rather not listen to Homicide or Shane Heal again.

jvalles69

All free now instead of on Foxtel.

Friday 16 August
Australian Boomers vs Canada Basketball LIVE
7.30pm AEST - 10:00pm AEST
SBS VICELAND and SBS OnDemand.

Saturday 17 August
Australian Boomers vs Canada Basketball LIVE
SBS VICELAND and SBS OnDemand.

Tuesday 20 August
Canada Basketball vs New Zealand Tall Blacks LIVE
SBS OnDemand
Delayed on SBS VICELAND Wednesday 21 August

Wednesday, 21 August
Canada Basketball vs New Zealand Tall Blacks LIVE
SBS OnDemand
Delayed on SBS VICELAND on Thursday 22 August

Thursday 22 August
USA Basketball vs Australian Boomers LIVE
SBS VICELAND and SBSOn Demand.

Thursday 24 August
USA Basketball vs Australian Boomers LIVE
2.00pm AEST - 4:30pm AEST
SBS VICELAND and SBS OnDemand

Monday 26 August
USA Basketball vs Canada Basketball LIVE
SBS VICELAND and SBS OnDemand

R.Griffen

Hope they use those international games to pump up the coming season. Any idea of the broadcasting crews for SBS, ESPN or the international games?

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on July 31, 2019, 02:41:06 PM
Hope they use those international games to pump up the coming season. Any idea of the broadcasting crews for SBS, ESPN or the international games?

Yeah was wondering about that too, but if you say that they aren't getting any money except from ads then I'd assume it's whoever the NBL employ at least on SBS.

jvalles69

Wowsers, Gliddon, Sobey and Kay make the Boomers cut over Creek, Adel and Motum?!?  I can understand Kay as he's been the standout in training so far, but Gliddon and Sobey over Creak and Adel?!?  Reeks of Lemanis and his Brisbane bias, thank flower Cadee isn't there.