NBL 2018/2019 season thread continuation

Started by jvalles69, October 03, 2016, 02:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killerbees

So this is a two horse race between NZ and Wildcats

Joey has ruined our chances by continuing to be the worst coach of all time

Melbourne and Sydney are perennial jokes

Sitting in top 30 odd for RDT, the new fantasy with extra trades im struggling at 250 odd

jvalles69

Quote from: killerbees on November 21, 2017, 10:17:53 AM
So this is a two horse race between NZ and Wildcats

Joey has ruined our chances by continuing to be the worst coach of all time

Melbourne and Sydney are perennial jokes

Sitting in top 30 odd for RDT, the new fantasy with extra trades im struggling at 250 odd

Yep, suck shower United and Kings always trying to buy a title.  NZ the surprise packet for me, but they obviously have a very well run organisation.  Joey is an absolute flog, not sure what your management is doing signing him for 5 years last season, guy is a chump.  Everyone's gunning for my Cats so a 3-peat is going to be tough.

I'm currently 158 in RDT and 120 in Fantasy.

jvalles69

elephants

Quote from: jvalles69 on January 14, 2018, 10:03:29 PM
Bryce Cotton.  8)

Soooo good! Wildcats are gonna start rolling with finals looming 8)

jvalles69

Quote from: elephants on January 15, 2018, 11:24:59 AM
Bryce Cotton.  8)

Soooo good! Wildcats are gonna start rolling with finals looming 8)

Reckon we need to finish on top or it's going to be tough to 3peat.  The competition is miles ahead of last season, and NZ just brought in a beastman centre.  Would much rather play 36ers than either of NZ and United in the first round of finals.

R.Griffen

Bryce Cotton.  8)
Him and Trice are so much better than anyone in the comp it isn’t funny.  Cotton was so quiet till late and come up huge. Love seeing all these Melbourne supporters that were sucking Ware are back in their shells

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on January 15, 2018, 11:40:43 PM
Bryce Cotton.  8)
Him and Trice are so much better than anyone in the comp it isn’t funny.  Cotton was so quiet till late and come up huge. Love seeing all these Melbourne supporters that were sucking Ware are back in their shells

Corey "Homicide" Williams, lol.

The import talent is currently off the chart right now.  SF has never been so dynamic with Tokoto, Prather, Conger and now Felix.  Big time double double centres, Boone, Cooke Jnr, Tyler now gone, but Xmas in town. PG has Cotton, Trice, Ware, Randle, Sosa, Rotnei, Lisch and Newbill.  Then there's Perry Ellis quietly doing his thing.  And then there's the aussies coming up, McCarron is a beast and he'd be my #1 target to get to replace Martin at the Cats, Creek is continually improving, Walker has gone from nothing to a starter on a championship team.  C is the only aussie position that has regressed, Ogilvy now sucks, Hodgson and Jervis are terrible. Brandt hasn't improved on last year, Humphries is a guy who get real good, however prob won't stay in the NBL due to his age and talent profile.  Good times in the NBL.

jvalles69

From a high, to utter trash, prob the worst performance we've had for the season and we've had a few.  Decide to play hard for the final 2mins when the games done and dusted, idiots.

elephants

Haha yeah can't remember the last time the Cats were kept to sub 60 :o

R.Griffen

So Williams had his first good week where everything he said happen. Trice played crap, Cats were beaten but his boy Sosa is out so he just knocked any decent player so we didn’t forget about him

jvalles69

Cats with horrendous b2b losses, never seen anything this bad, although I think something similar happened last season prior to the Cotton signing.  Tough run coming up, NZ, 36ers, 36ers...

TomK

jvalles69

Quote from: TomK on March 10, 2018, 12:34:04 AM
JOSH CHILDRESS HAVE MY BABIES

Brutal, just got home from the game, basically threw that game away with some stupid end game plays which have been a problem all year and not tough enough in the clutch to get those rebounds.  Otherwise pretty happy we threw everything we had at the 36ers tonight and everyone chipped in after Cotton leading the way, crowd was the loudest I've experienced in the jungle.  Well done to the 36ers for finally making it, not sure who I'll root for, will come down to which team I hate less lol!

jvalles69

Signings are ramping up for season 2018-2019 with rosters almost complete barring imports.

Can Bogut propel the Kings to a title?

Can Cotton be the next long term import Wildcat living legend after signing a 3 year contract behind names like Ricky Grace, James Crawford and Shawn Redhage?  Is Prather coming home?

Can United retain their imports and go B2B?

Can Adelaide continue to compete with the loss of Creek?

Can Bullets stay off the bottom of the ladder with their Boomers inspired squad?

Can NZ fly under the radar yet again and come up the goods with the signing of Wesley and Webster?

Can Cairns and Illawarra register a win this season?

It's gonna be a good season!

tbagrocks

I do believe Mitch Creek leaves to pursue an NBA career, I believe he can!

Creek has the attributes to succeed in Europe but .....  I do think he will make it to an NBA list, same way as my boy from South East Adelaide Joe Ingles did! Creek is still learning but has a big 3, great defense and breaks the lines hard for the rim

I also want Childress babies, but the 36rs might be in trouble