NBL 2018/2019 season thread continuation

Started by jvalles69, October 03, 2016, 02:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

jvalles69

Cotton led the Cats to an away win against Sydney last night.  Became the highest scoring Cat in a debut with 26pts beating Ennis by 1pt.  This guy is legit.  7/8 FG's and 3/3 3pt range.

jvalles69

elephants

Don't even know why they bother with the NBL. Just wrap it up and make Wildcats the champs every season. Wildcats would probably make playoffs in the NBA I reckon

jvalles69

Quote from: elephants on March 02, 2017, 02:13:29 PM
Don't even know why they bother with the NBL. Just wrap it up and make Wildcats the champs every season. Wildcats would probably make playoffs in the NBA I reckon

Bloody absolute guns!  I called a 3-0 sweep and put $$$ on it.  Game 3 could be a bit dangerous if we let our guard down and the NBL decide to let Hawks play 3 extra players up in the refs, the umps have been woeful this season to the point where games have felt like they've been rigged.  I'll be there on Sunday cheering them on, lets bring home back to back!

valkorum

jvalles69

Hopefully Matty Knight gets up, has had a horrid season, but has been playing very nicely in the playoffs.  Guy must have the softest chin, took a mild slap to the face from Prather and needed 3 guys to hold him up!!  :o  Then Wagstaff gets a brutal elbow to the face, pissing blood into his hands so it doesn't go on the court...nek minute back on bombing treys.

jvalles69

Bump it up for season new!

United knocked off 36ers for the first game last night.

Don't sleep on Perth...again.  We're 3peating!

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 06, 2017, 02:08:33 PM

Cheers haha,

Great game last night, very good quality and looks like Adelaide can still challenge without Randle

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on October 06, 2017, 02:12:45 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 06, 2017, 02:08:33 PM

Cheers haha,

Great game last night, very good quality and looks like Adelaide can still challenge without Randle

Was a bit scary with how horrendous United looked in the 1st half but ended up only being down by 2pts!  :o

R.Griffen

Won gameday on NBL fantasy the first night. But the last 2 days been crap unlike the actual games themselves

Not sure why they didn't get Trice to guard Cotton but those 2 guys put on a show

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on October 08, 2017, 12:52:07 PM
Won gameday on NBL fantasy the first night. But the last 2 days been crap unlike the actual games themselves

Not sure why they didn't get Trice to guard Cotton but those 2 guys put on a show

Nice man!  Is that signed stuff or tickets to a game?

The whole of Australia always sleep on the Cats, when will they learn.  Bullets however will be a bottom 2 side.  Was great to be back at the Arena with a full house.  Waxy stepped up big time and it baffles me how he couldn't get a game last year.  JP looked pretty nervous to start, but then got it going.  Cooke is solid, but needs to get more game time into him.  If Brandt hadn't missed so many buckets early he would've put up a massive line.  And Knight...concussed again in by a slight swipe to the cheek??  You need to call it a day man, you've got kids.

Every game has been great and the quality is at an all time high so far!

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 08, 2017, 01:09:51 PM
Quote from: R.Griffen on October 08, 2017, 12:52:07 PM

Nice man!  Is that signed stuff or tickets to a game?

The whole of Australia always sleep on the Cats, when will they learn.  Bullets however will be a bottom 2 side.  Was great to be back at the Arena with a full house.  Waxy stepped up big time and it baffles me how he couldn't get a game last year.  JP looked pretty nervous to start, but then got it going.  Cooke is solid, but needs to get more game time into him.  If Brandt hadn't missed so many buckets early he would've put up a massive line.  And Knight...concussed again in by a slight swipe to the cheek??  You need to call it a day man, you've got kids.

Every game has been great and the quality is at an all time high so far!
Tickets to a game

Think Cairns and NZ off the pace. I can see the Bullets being okay but nothing special. Brandt was a spastic at the start of the game didn't let anyone else shoot. JPT a decent pickup hasn't changed much from his college game. Struggles to shoot well consistently is one of his only weaknesses

But it's great to have some form of basketball back

jvalles69

My predicted ladder.

1. Melbourne
2. Perth
3. Illawarra
4. Adelaide
5. Sydney
6. New Zealand
7. Cairns
8. Brisbane

Lack of DPP in the official fantasy game is super frustrating!

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 10, 2017, 07:28:21 PM
My predicted ladder.

1. Melbourne
2. Perth
3. Illawarra
4. Adelaide
5. Sydney
6. New Zealand
7. Cairns
8. Brisbane

Lack of DPP in the official fantasy game is super frustrating!

1. Sydney
2. Illawarra
3. Melbourne
4. Perth
5. Adelaide
6. Brisbane
7. NZ
8. Cairns