NBL 2018/2019 season thread continuation

Started by jvalles69, October 03, 2016, 02:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Griffen

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on November 08, 2016, 02:28:47 PM
Ranked 7th overall in NBL DT

Nice!  Tough week this round for trades, noone really has a good string of 2 games ahead except for Sydney players.

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on November 08, 2016, 02:48:53 PM

Nice!  Tough week this round for trades, noone really has a good string of 2 games ahead except for Sydney players.
I traded Lisch last week thinking he might be restricted due to injury and jumped on Penney. Huge win, but will go AJ since he did nothing to Pledger and Harris to Lisch. I will still have 95k to use since I have just been making money

Whitt and Newley (Andersen and Loe)
Pledger (Bairstow)
Lisch and Penney (Sobey and McCarron)

I was close to getting Randle last week and went Penney pretty happy with the decision since Penney got another double coming  even though he was a freak. Since I got money in the bank I will bring him in when Adelaide's doubles start (Hopefully for McCarron) if I can keep making cash

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on November 08, 2016, 10:06:10 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on November 08, 2016, 02:48:53 PM

I traded Lisch last week thinking he might be restricted due to injury and jumped on Penney. Huge win, but will go AJ since he did nothing to Pledger and Harris to Lisch. I will still have 95k to use since I have just been making money

Whitt and Newley (Andersen and Loe)
Pledger (Bairstow)
Lisch and Penney (Sobey and McCarron)

I was close to getting Randle last week and went Penney pretty happy with the decision since Penney got another double coming  even though he was a freak. Since I got money in the bank I will bring him in when Adelaide's doubles start (Hopefully for McCarron) if I can keep making cash

Yeah I got rid of Lisch too, but for Blake thinking Lisch would be out, that backfired big time!  125K in the bank

Whitt, Loe (Anderson, DJ)
Bairstow (Marics)
Newley, Blake (Harris, Bruce)

Thinking I've got too much cash on the bench...Penney might be my best option, maybe another Sydney player to maximise the run of 2 games...

jvalles69

Wow, 2 big NBL stories today!

David Stockton (yes John's son) signed with NZ and Melbourne United has cut Cedric Jackson! :o

R.Griffen

CJ dropped from Melbourne Tigers playing group. Too bad Melbourne have not many doubles. Could be some cheap pick ups going to play some minutes

Aside from Barlow who is the obvious

valkorum

Quote from: jvalles69 on November 09, 2016, 07:41:04 PM

David Stockton (yes John's son) signed with NZ and Melbourne United has cut Cedric Jackson! :o

Stockton had played a little with the Sacramento Kings and their D-League affiliate Reno Bighorns.  Looks quite good, but just a slight step off NBA level.  Should be a great pickup for the NBL.

elephants

Quote from: valkorum on November 10, 2016, 11:26:34 AM

Stockton had played a little with the Sacramento Kings and their D-League affiliate Reno Bighorns.  Looks quite good, but just a slight step off NBA level.  Should be a great pickup for the NBL.

Saw he holds the assist record in D-League with 22 assists in one game. Definitely must have some class, will be a good for the NBL to see how they compare to a D-League or Summer League type comp.

R.Griffen

Quote from: elephants on November 10, 2016, 12:36:48 PM

Saw he holds the assist record in D-League with 22 assists in one game. Definitely must have some class, will be a good for the NBL to see how they compare to a D-League or Summer League type comp.
With how good McKay as been and tbh nothing against him but he wasn't huge in college. If NBL can keep getting the seniors from college who don't make the NBA. Their standard will lift pretty quickly I think

jvalles69

Quote from: elephants on November 10, 2016, 12:36:48 PM

He played for some Czech team recently, came off the bench and put up pedestrian numbers, like 5pts 4ass.  Should do better in the NBL...unless he's not a starter.

R.Griffen

dropped from 7th to 11th, actually had a poor week, if I went Lisch over Whitt as capt I can't believe I would have stayed where I was practically. Jumping on Knight for a cash grab and can start him over Penney as both have doubles this week. I bought him in for Andersen and still got $63k to use but will hold that to get Randle next week despite going to drop in price for a couple of games

elephants

Geez Adelaide getting slaughtered by the Bullets here :o

Great win for the Cats against Sydney, hopefully we can do the double!

jvalles69

Quote from: elephants on November 19, 2016, 07:07:51 PM

Will be very tough against Sydney on their home court, Thurs was prob our best start of the season, but still had the 3qtr crumble.  Prather should be MVP favourite but he won't get it, NBL give it to guys who score, Prather is the only top tier player in the comp who hasn't put up a dud game.  Kings need to cut Blake and Powell, they are super useless.

elephants

Quote from: jvalles69 on November 19, 2016, 07:16:43 PM
Quote from: elephants on November 19, 2016, 07:07:51 PM

Will be very tough against Sydney on their home court, Thurs was prob our best start of the season, but still had the 3qtr crumble.  Prather should be MVP favourite but he won't get it, NBL give it to guys who score, Prather is the only top tier player in the comp who hasn't put up a dud game.  Kings need to cut Blake and Powell, they are super useless.

Yep, valiant effort but Sydney were allllways the faves to bounce back at home.

jvalles69

Bryce Cotton to debut for the Wildcats today.  The type player we need and I personally think the highest credentialed player in their prime since James Ennis was in the NBL.  This is going to be good, I predict he will bring us back from the dead to make playoffs.  Also Damo Martin back this week too!  #letsgocat