NBL 2018/2019 season thread continuation

Started by jvalles69, October 03, 2016, 02:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

This is an NBL thread. Please stay on topic tbagger

jvalles69

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 07, 2018, 09:39:59 PM
I do believe Mitch Creek leaves to pursue an NBA career, I believe he can!

Creek has the attributes to succeed in Europe but .....  I do think he will make it to an NBA list, same way as my boy from South East Adelaide Joe Ingles did! Creek is still learning but has a big 3, great defense and breaks the lines hard for the rim

I also want Childress babies, but the 36rs might be in trouble

Creeks not close to Jingles level, he's also shorter than Prather who can't get a gig in the NBA and is much better.  He'll be back with his tail between his legs soon enough, no more bicep flexing.

United signed McCarron today to a 3 year deal, devastated, he's easily my favourite non Wildcat player playing for probably my most hated team.  :'(

valkorum

FIBA Bans are in

Australia
Chris Goulding â€" 1 game ban
Thon Maker â€" 3 game ban
Daniel Kickert â€" 5 game ban
$135,000AUD fine for both unsportsmanlike behaviour and for tampering with equipment (removing stickers from the floor)

Philippines
Calvin Abueva â€" 6 game ban
Roger Pogoy â€" 5 game ban
Carl Cruz â€" 5 game ban
Jio Jalolon â€" 5 game ban
Terrence Romeo â€" 3 game ban
Jayson Castro William â€" 3 gam ban
Andray Blatche â€" 3 game ban
Japeth Aguilar â€" 1 game ban
Matthew Wright â€" 1 game ban
Assistant Coach Joseph Uichico â€" 3 game ban
Head coach Chot Reyes â€" 1 game ban and $13,500AUD fine for inciting unsportsmanlike behaviour
Fine of $338,000AUD
Philippines to play next international home game behind closed doors (no public). 
On probation for next 3 years

Referees
Referees have been removed from FIBA Referee program and shall not be nominated for FIBA games for at least 1 year.

elephants

Lol refs got the biggest ban of them all, flowering joke!

jvalles69

Looking forward to the new season and to see how Kay and Norton gel with the old crew at the Wildcats, great move signing these two, very similar situation to when Knight and Damo came over together, could form the foundation for the club for another decade.  Cat's seem to be taking the cheaper approach this year going into the season with only 2 imports, I'm hoping this is just to gauge the competition and see what we are lacking in before we add a 3rd import.  Terrico White is our 2nd import, 28 years old and has great experience across multiple professional leagues and can shoot the 3 which is what we were lacking from our 3 spot last year in Tokoto.  Should take a a load off Cotton's shoulders too.  Someone on Twitter's already nicknamed him "The Chemist".  ;D

jvalles69

So fixture times have been released and feel the NBL have taken a massive step backwards here.  Promoting "family friendly" scheduling, but at the same time saying flower you in the West.  WTF is 11.30am Saturday games?  What an absolute joke, good luck getting families to games when they'll all still be playing sport.  And no Sat night games any more?!?  I thought they wanted to grow this sport, what better way than with a prime time slot on free to air.  Pretty piss poor effort and to release it with less than a month to go till season starts is amateur hour.

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 14, 2018, 12:53:53 PM
So fixture times have been released and feel the NBL have taken a massive step backwards here.  Promoting "family friendly" scheduling, but at the same time saying flower you in the West.  WTF is 11.30am Saturday games?  What an absolute joke, good luck getting families to games when they'll all still be playing sport.  And no Sat night games any more?!?  I thought they wanted to grow this sport, what better way than with a prime time slot on free to air.  Pretty piss poor effort and to release it with less than a month to go till season starts is amateur hour.
I couldn't believe it, they have tried to kill their own comp. They are basically the only sport in Australia actually growing yet they shy away from putting themselves up against their rivals

jvalles69

If anyone wants to join an NBL RDT league.  Code: 442611

teckert

Also this comp (with prizes!)
https://fantasy.nbl.com.au

League code: F3ZE9C95

Starts Thursday night!

jvalles69

Quote from: teckert on October 11, 2018, 12:27:04 AM
Also this comp (with prizes!)
https://fantasy.nbl.com.au

League code: F3ZE9C95

Starts Thursday night!

In. Locks out 5pm AEST tonight.

jvalles69

Insane NBL game, Ilawarra vs Melbourne went to 4 OT's!  :o :o

R.Griffen

Gaze is the worst coach in the history of basketball

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on October 14, 2018, 12:24:12 AM
Gaze is the worst coach in the history of basketball

Easily, see Bogut do a double take in the huddle and said can you repeat that!  Then looked confused as flower when he walked out onto the court whilst Gaze was trying to convince him.  Checked the COY odds prior to the season starting and Gaze was favourite.  :o ;D

jvalles69

jvalles69

Wildcats are champs!  Massive choke by United.  The eastern states media said the following during the season:

- they cannot win with only 2 imports
- they won't make finals
- They should release Terrico White

EAD, a big fat one for all the haters.  Gleeson not even top 3 for CoTY, Bogut better than Cotton?!?  NBL might have been able to control those results, but a team of players and 2 imports with no ego get it done again.