WXV Women's League Applications

Started by ossie85, October 03, 2016, 12:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Hi all!

Taking applications to be part of the inaugural WXV Women's League.

We'll have 8 Teams

(Team names/locations can be negotatied)
2 from Europe
- Barcelona Lynx
- Rome Goddesses

2 from Americas
- Bogota Condors
- Lima Llamas

2 from Asia
- Jakarta Dragons
- Karachi Jungle Cats

2 from Africonia
- Lagos Lionesses
- Port Moresby Cassowaries

From what I'm told, each of the 8 Women's AFL teams will have a list of 25 players, so that's 200 players in total to draft from the 8 teams. So a relatively quick draft I think.

The scoring system will be SuperCoach if available, if it isn't available, we'll use DT. If nothing available? Well I guess it was fun just to draft.

This is Year Zero

Because we really don't know anything about these players yet, I'm proposing we do an initial draft this year - and redraft entirely the next year (with each team able to keep 3 players from this draft).

I'll do my best to guess the positions of the players, but it won't be easy. We may have to relax the position restrictions a little.

I'd say exact same rules as WXV (unless we have a reason to change).

Interested in applying?

Please post here! Telling us why you should be selected - and what team you'd like to select (you can suggest a different team/location - but I'm trying to do 8 countries that aren't already in Worlds). I might ask the WXV Men's coaches to select the best applicants (unless they apply themselves). But we might not get 8 applications! In which case, first in, first serve.

The Women's competition will be having a draft shortly! And applications will close this time next week :)

Football Factory

I would like to apply for a team in the Inaugural WXV Women's Competition.

I have had a team in BXV, AXVIII DT and AXVIII SC, currently do not have a team in any of the Comps available on FanFooty.

Admin role in AXVIII DT for a couple of years.

I have had a history of being a reliable coach in regards to Drafts and posting my team/scores from week to week.

Levi434

Hey all,

Levi here and I'd love to apply for the Bogota Condors. Although I would like to be called "The Bogota Margays" or "The Bogota Ocelots." Pretty much just to stick to the theme.

I currently am coach of the reigning, defending WXV Premiers. I have held that position for the past two seasons after taking over in the 2014 offseason.

My commitment to WXV is very strong as most current coaches would attest to. I held the Awards Night this year and am in the process of testing out some new rules with the WXV Summer League. Last season I also managed The Champions League. I am also an admin and very involved in AFL Ultimate Team.

I'd have no problem creating a logo, guernseys and other various pieces to make the team more interesting. I've never missed a team submission in WXV. And will have no problem helping out manage the comp.

Nige

Alright, here we go.

Hi friends, I'd like to apply to be head coach of Karachi. I'd like to suggest the name of the franchise be the Karachi Rhinos rather than Jungle Cats.

I'd like to expand my horizons and be one of the inaugural coaches of this comp because not only am I big supporter of the idea of the AFL women's league who has already followed all the developments from day one but I think it would be an honour to be recognised as one of the founding fathers of this competition.

My coaching resume is strong as I'm currently coach in all 4 XVs comps as head coach of the Storm in EXVs, Rams in BXVs, Elephants in AXVs and co-coach of the Sands in WXVs. I'm also coach of the Pirates in DT Americas and the Otters in SC Americas. As far as success goes, I coached my BXVs team to a premiership in 2015 and was also the losing grand finalist in AXVs in 2015. I've also spent time doing admin work for SC Americas and the now defunct i5s.

I'm very active as is no secret to anyone on the forum and I'd be absolutely committed to making sure my team is submitted on time and correctly each week. I don't see maintaining yet another team as a burden or obstacle but instead a new challenge I'd love to take on.

Would love to be considered and selected for the position, thanks for your time!  :)

nostradamus

Don't want to apply for a team, but think the Colombian Escobars would make for a great name

Koop

I'd like to apply for a team in the Africonia division of the new Womens WXV competition.

I am El Kopo, Koop, Koopstain, KoopGay, or whatever you know me by. I have been on FF for most of my adolescent life wasting it away with fantasy football leagues. I am currently head coach of the Taiwan Dolphins in the AXV, a team I took over last month. I am also assistant to TDog in BXV and AXVIII SC, and to Nige in AXVIII DT, as well as a long past resume.

Unlike Levi, I have no photoshop or markup skills whatsoever, but I am happy to do statistics and B&F threads where required. I feel I would make an active addition to the competition.

ossie85

Ziplock

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring, I'll write up a decent nomination tomorrow when I'm more awake :P

fanTCfool

I'd like to apply for the job as Head Coach of Jakarta for the WXV Women's Competition.
If I was to suggest an alternate name for Jakarta, it would be the Jakarta Merak, with Merak being a native peacock to Indonesia.
It's nothing too catchy, but a link to the nation for which the side gets its name is handy.

My name is Ryan, and I am very much enjoying getting more and more involved with competitions on FanFooty.

I have been an off-season assistant to JRoo with the Mexico City Suns in WXV since the 2015/2016 Off-Season.
I am also currently the co-coach of Mongolia in the AXV, having previously been an assistant to nas at the UAE Tigers.
In a smaller role in the BXV, I remain an assistant to Nige at the Liverpool Rams.
My only current head coaching position is with the Quito Quetzals in Americas SC.
I also intend to hold my position as a UTG coach after a successful trial season, much like would be the case with this competition.

Other than those, I very much enjoy running my own competitions, including a Weekly Make a Big Call and SuperCoach Finals competition to increase my forum involvement as much as possible.

I would consider myself reliable in terms of team submissions, and being involved with another side would be a reward rather than obstacle.

Good luck to my other applicants, and thank you for the consideration!

Purple 77

A comp run by ossie85?!

There should be thousands queuing up!

Having said that, I'm not applying, but purely coz I just want to focus on running WXVs (mens comp) :P

Still, to all applicants, you won't find as many comprehensively well run comps at FF (no disrespect to the other fine comps!)

Torpedo10

I'll throw my hat in.

More detailed application to come later.

Ziplock

Quote from: Ziplock on October 04, 2016, 11:38:10 PM
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring, I'll write up a decent nomination tomorrow when I'm more awake :P

So I think this is a great  competition and Im personally  really pumped about a women's  afl league  in general.

I'm probably  going to be insanely busy next year, so while I'll  nominate myself as the inaugural and still head coach of the euros valkyries, previous assistant coach to JRoo8 in worlds  and as part of the british trades panal, I should probably  only participate if you need numbers since I doubt Ill have the time to give it enough attention :( that being said, if you do have enough people without me I'd love to be someone's assistant :)

ossie85

Just remember this competition will basically be done and dusted by the time the mens season starts

ossie85

Rightio, from the applications - I've assigned teams like this:

Barcelona Lynx - Football Factory
Rome Goddesses - Torpedo10

Bogota Margays - Levi434
Lima Llamas - ossie85/Ziplock

Jakarta Dragons - fanTCfool
Karachi Rhinos - Nige

Lagos Lionesses - Koop
Port Morseby Cassowaries - Boomz

Names can be changes! But I'd like 2 teams each from Europe, Asia, Americas and Africonia from countries NOT already in the Men's comp.

The Women's draft is today! So I'll set something up hopefully by Friday