WXV Vacant Coaching Position

Started by Purple 77, September 30, 2016, 04:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Hey all!

Today, Worlds has seen the retirement of one of it's pioneer and finest coaches. My Chumps has stepped down from Cape Town, leaving the list in quite a youthful and promising state. It was approximately this time 5 years ago that My Chumps signed up for Worlds, and his contributions will be missed.

The WXVs says goodbye to a great servant.

However, that means that a spot has opened up for another aspiring coach in the premium game that is WXVs.

Applications will close at Monday Midnight

Now, attention all aspiring applicants!

WXVs is a fantastic community of quality characters, from the "confident" Holz, the controversial meow, the gif making (and premiership winning) prowess of Levi, the talkative RaisyDaisy, the good guys at PNL, and much more! We have been blessed this year with 18 teams actively participating, which you do find yourself naturally doing anyway, because Worlds is just a fun and addicting place to be a part of. As such, we saw only one occurrence this year of a team forgetting to submit there team on time, and no mid-season departures.

From wicked Awards Nights, Weekly Match Previews, a Proud & Rich History and Controversial Rules and Trade Periods... this is where you fantasy football addicts belong.

But before I go on, ask yourself these questions. Am I active/passion enough to:
1) submit my team every week?
2) respond to votes?
3) trade?
4) Get banterous?!

IF you answered yes to all those questions, and think this is a place you'd love to be a part of, then be sure to apply in this thread, outlining:

1) Any experience. Whether it be at another XVs comp, or the degree of neglect in your real-life to focus in fantasy football :P
2) How you think you'd contribute to the community. For example, would you be keen to make club best & fairests, a fancy team board, engaging in the banter etc. as a lot of our current teams do.
3) What is Cape Town's best XV in your opinion (see team below)? What general trade approach will you employ if you think necessary? Remember, we are still in the middle of the trade period, but don't worry, you still have a bit over a month to go!
4) And tell me how good the Salary Cap is? Hint: You'll wanna say it's awesome.

ANYONE can apply, whether you are relatively new to FF or even a current WXVs coach, but remember when you write your applications, all the Worlds coaches will be voting for you, and will be reading them. So make sure you get in everything you want to say, but be careful of the TLDR glance (too long, didn't read).

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to either PM me or post here :)

Cheers all, and good luck!

Cape Town Cobras

Full Name2016 POS12016 POS2Salary Cap2016 AV
Josh P KennedyMID$775,000113.43
Dion PrestiaMID$506,00093.5
Mark BlicavsMIDRUC$450,00090.36
Tom HawkinsFWD$404,00084.52
Brodie SmithDEFMID$402,00075.43
Shane SavageDEF$354,00082.29
Lachie HunterMID$346,00094.73
Craig BirdMIDFWD$312,00080.33
Touk MillerMIDFWD$292,00078.83
Jarryn GearyDEF$254,00064.1
Stewart CrameriFWD$253,0000
Sam B ReidFWD$242,0000
Trent McKenzieDEF$224,00043.86
Callum MillsMID$221,00077.2
Nicholas GrahamMID$215,00072.83
Billy LongerRUC$215,0000
Nathan HrovatFWD$213,00069.25
Will SchofieldDEF$213,00047.43
Luke McDonaldDEF$211,00064
Dean KentFWD$210,00071.65
Blake AcresMID$209,00075.38
Peter WrightFWD$208,00072.18
Gary RohanFWD$199,00063
George Horlin-SmithMID$197,00043
Darcy ParishMID$188,00072.15
Darcy LangFWD$183,00058
Cameron O'SheaDEF$175,00050.31
Timothy BroomheadMIDFWD$174,00034
Lachlan PlowmanDEF$165,00057
Jimmy ToumpasMID$159,00062.38
Mitch HoneychurchFWD$149,00070.5
Toby NankervisRUCFWD$140,00074.83
Nakia CockatooFWD$124,00063.2
Lukas WebbDEF$116,00053.2
Taylor GarnerFWD$115,00060
Brady GreyMID$100,00067
Billie SmedtsDEF$100,00057
Nathan DrummondDEF$100,00052.25
Jonathan FreemanFWD$100,00039.75
Lewis PierceRUC$100,00038
Bradley LynchDEF$100,0000
Cameron HewettDEFMID$100,0000
Joel SmithFWD$100,0000
Padraig LuceyRUC$100,0000
Sam ColquhounMID$100,0000
Samuel MurrayMID$100,0000

International Draft Picks: 7, 26, 33, 62, 80
Pre-Season Draft Picks: 6, 24
Rookie Draft Picks: 6, 24, 42, 60

Truthin Ryan

Hello all involved in WXVs,

Name: Truthin Ryan
Team Supported: Collingwood

I am new to FF and a huge footy and Collingwood nut. I actually just discovered FF recently and looking for a way to get into the various comps such as XVs, XVIII's and even a few of the other sports.

If I were to take over the legendary Cape Town Cobra's, I'd build on My Chumps and Memph's hard work. I definitely feel like the young core is there with only 3 players above 25 in the starting XV. Kennedy is a premier player of the comp and will help this youthful team to the next level.

There definitely needs to be some depth built up if we are to challenge Christchurch for the mantle of "Best depth in the comp." However if we are to challenge for a flag by 2020 we'd need to sure up the forward line and pick 7 could potentially be used to secure another young gun forward to team up with 2 meter Peter and Dean Kent. Or we could use it within a trade to get Ryan Bastinac.

Here is what the Best XV look's like currently:
D: B. Smith(24), C. Mills(19), S. Savage(25), M. Dea(24)
M: J. Kennedy(28), D. Prestia(23), L. Hunter(21), M. Blicavs(25)
R: B. Longer(23)
F: T. Hawkins(28), P. Wright(20), D. Kent(22), S. Crameri(28)
I: T. Miller(20), D. Parish(19)

I am very into stats and I used to work for various clubs in the NEAFL behind the scenes. Unfortunately I am not apart of that anymore and the only outlet for my statistical brain is through fantasy sports.

I'd very much appreciate being apart of WXV and I guarantee that you will always know what is on my mind in relation to trades, rules, fluke victories and all else that accompanies the great comp of WXVs.

BB67th

You know what, I think it's time to throw my hat back in the ring for a WXV coaching position.

Hey all, I'm BB67th, I've been around the forums for many a year now.

A lot of you will know me from the AXV, where I am the coach of the Manila Folders (we made it to the GF in year 1 and have been undertaking a rebuild since), and I was the administrator of the competition in 2014 and, a co-admin in 2015, before stepping down from the role.

I was also the inaugural coach of the Leeds Leeches in the BXV, and was an assistant with the London Royals when Ringo first took over that role.

I love my SuperCoach, and being in the WXV would be a great opportunity to apply that scoring system to a fantasy draft game, and it would be fantastic to be a bigger part of the WXV community. I'm always ready to contribute, and plan to bring back team B&Fs next year, as I have done for the Folders previously.

This is an interesting list, and this would be my current best XV:

DEF: B.Smith, C.Mills, J.Geary, S.Savage
MID: J.P.Kennedy, D.Prestia, L.Hunter, C.Bird
RUC: M.Blicavs
FWD: T.Hawkins, P.Wright, T.Miller, N.Hrovat
INT: D.Parish, D.Kent

There's definitely some strong scoring power across all lines of the field, with some fantastic depth. It may be a matter of trading some of this depth away to target a big name player. A high scoring goal-kicking midfielder wouldn't go astray to complement the two key forwards of Hawkins and Wright.

Thanks for your time everyone, I'd love to be a part of this great competition.

kilbluff1985

Hey Guys

throwing my hat in the ring yet again

I have been waiting for my ow own WXV team for years gaining experience in other comps like BXV, AXVIII SC, AXVIII DT,  i think all the Admins and Coaches in those comps enjoy having me involved i got so excited when i woke up and seen this thread, i'm very reliable submitting teams, usually quick to respond to votes, enjoy trading to fill the teams needs and good at identifying a teams needs and love a bit of banter.

All my teams are respected teams in there competitions in AXVIII SC Anaheim my pride and joy is a flag favourite next year after finishing 3rd this year, Nicaragua came 2nd this year and i have improved the list for another crack next year, Birmingham finished 9th just missing the finals thanks to a draw during the season.

I'm confident in identifying teams needs and trading to fill them but also confident in drafting i know how to put teams through rebuilds and through successful eras.

DEF: B.Smith, C.Mills, M Dea, S.Savage
MID: J.P.Kennedy, D.Prestia, L.Hunter, C.Bird
RUC: M.Blicavs
FWD: T.Hawkins, P.Wright, T.Miller, S.Crameri
INT: D.Parish, D.Kent

There is lots of good young talent to build a team around Mills, Prestia, Blicavs, Hunter, Miller, Parish, Cockatoo, Wright.

Words cant describe how much i want a team in WXV i guess my actions can i have applied for the last handful of teams hoping to try and get one.

Thanks for your time.

elephants

I'll vote for whichever coach trades me 2 meter Peter

GoLions

Ricochet

kilbluff1985

don't think it's very fair and official joking about this kind of stuff with Wright etc

Koop

Disappointed to apply in such circumstances. Chumpy was a great servant to this competition and it is incredibly sad to see him depart. Memph is also a good friend of mine and it's sad to see his new radio gig take over his FF commitments, but life goes on I guess. I hope they both are welcome back to whoever wins the Cape Town gig's coaching panel if they decide to return.

I'm Koop, I'm a hot-headed late-teen who likes trading and banter too much. I have been on FF for 4 1/2 years now in 2 different periods. I went M.I.A in 2014/15 due to family breakup issues and some pretty severe depression, as well as issues with a FF member. As such I don't have the runs on the board quite yet when it comes to sustained forum activity, but I'm in a much better place mentally now than I was even in 2012, so take that for what you will. I have a long and depressing XV's resume listed below. 

Current

AXV: Taiwan Dolphins (Senior Coach)
BXV: Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs (Assistant Coach)

plus assistant gigs in both XVIII's comps.

Past

AXV: Kathmandu Eskimos (Inaugural Coach)
BXV: Huddersfield Hawks (Assistant Coach)
BXV: Liverpool Rams (Assistant Coach)
WXV: Seoul Magpies (Assistant Coach)

plus an inaugural coach in both XVIII's comps.

How you think you'd contribute to the community?

In the words of the Essendon marketing department, whatever it takes! Anyone who is also an AXV coach can testify to my level of activity. I love stat-keeping so would be keen to help out with any medal-tallying, stat-grabbing, or anything like that to help improve the comp. I think the AXV, and any other comp can take a huge leaf out of the work that Purp, and ossie before him, does to keep everyone in this comp engaged. Also I love banter, what else do you want? :P

Best XV

DEF: Brodie Smith, Shane Savage, Callum Mills, Luke McDonald
MID: Josh P Kennedy, Lachie Hunter, Dion Prestia, Mark Blicavs
RUC: Billy Longer
FWD: Tom Hawkins, Peter Wright, Stewart Crameri, Dean Kent
UTL: Touk Miller, Craig Bird

EMG: Jarryn Geary, Darcy Parish, Nathan Hrovat

Trading Strategy

With Blicavs, Bird and Miller all extremely unlikely to retain DPP, a playing ruck would be top priority for the new Cobra’s coach. Well I mean, unless they want to ruck Wright all season which is plausible. As is trademark with Memph, the team has a solid young core to build around and besides probably another young defender or two, with sound drafting there is plenty of future excitement while still being competitive in the now. I’d like to continue on with the Cape Town legacy, but I would be open to all offers barring line anchors.

I have applied for several WXV positions in the past, and I would be honoured to join the ranks of the most active and fabled competition on the forum.

Thanks for reading and good luck to all other applicants.

iZander

Id like to put my hat in the ring again this year for a coaching position.

Im 21 and im from Tasmania, home of some of the AFL's favorite players in Liam Jones and Colin Garland. Currently in my 3rd year of study. Probably going to fail this year, and FF is the reason why.

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 30, 2016, 04:38:45 PM
But before I go on, ask yourself these questions. Am I active/passion enough to:
1) submit my team every week?
2) respond to votes?
3) trade?
4) Get banterous?!
Certainly.

this is where you fantasy football addicts belong.
Well im certainly this, im on FF or im sleeping basically, most replies are sent out within the hour and youll never wait longer than 24 hours. Im on FF chat quite often if you want to catch up or talk trades.

I love trading, one of my favorite things about worlds is the unlimited trade movements, which are not in some of the other comps.

1) Any experience. Whether it be at another XVs comp, or the degree of neglect in your real-life to focus in fantasy football :P
I joined this forum this time last year and am the proud coach of...

Hasting Hurricanes (BXV)
Turkish Gazelles (AXV)
And ofcourse i came in late to help Vinny post teams of the Mighty Team Pendles.

And yes, the more teams i have the more neglect my uni degree gets, thats basically how it works :P

How you think you'd contribute to the community. For example, would you be keen to make club best & fairests, a fancy team board, engaging in the banter etc. as a lot of our current teams do.
Love sharing my unwanted opinion, especially when it comes to trades and id be very active in chat.
Being honest, my team board is going to look like shower, no matter how hard i try as i have no computer skills.
And i can tell you right now, JPK is the winner of the best and fairest.

What is Cape Town's best XV in your opinion (see team below)? What general trade approach will you employ if you think necessary? Remember, we are still in the middle of the trade period, but don't worry, you still have a bit over a month to go!

D: B.Smith, S.Savage, C.Mills, J.Geary
M: JPK (C), D.Prestia, L.Hunter (VC), M.Blicav
R: B.Longer
F: T.hawkins, P.Wright, D.Kent, S.Crameri
U: T.Miller, B.Acres

Emg: D.Parish, C.Bird, L.Mcdonald

A clear weakness in this team would be the lack of playing ruck options and my first aim would be to fix that. Id also look to add another forward to the team.....but that seems to be what everyone is looking for :P I like the youth this team brings and think its a nice team foundation that can really be competitive in the future. I wouldnt be closed to trading JPK to go younger, but it would be for a decent price. And i hate to say it Ele...but i cant see too much of a reason to trade big 2 Meter Peter...would have to be a nice deal :P
VC would be on Prestia when Hunters not playing at Etihad :P

4) And tell me how good the Salary Cap is? Hint: You'll wanna say it's awesome.
I dont think ill go here, seems to controversial :P

TL;DR????

Vote 1 iZander because
- Loves trading
- Active
- Banters

Levi434

Good job so far all applicants. 8)

Not that I would, but Purp is there still the option for coaches to throw their team back into the ring?

Purple 77

Quote from: Levi434 on October 01, 2016, 10:51:48 AM
Good job so far all applicants. 8)

Not that I would, but Purp is there still the option for coaches to throw their team back into the ring?

Yep! But I'm not gonna do a re-draft this time around :P

Any Worlds coach can apply for Cape Town, but if they win it, they obviously relinquish their current team

RaisyDaisy

Solid applications so far lads - will be hard for us to decide!

GL wouldn't leave his Cairo clique would he?  :P

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 01, 2016, 11:25:35 AM
Solid applications so far lads - will be hard for us to decide!

GL wouldn't leave his Cairo clique would he?  :P
The rumour mill suggests he's strongly considering! :o

fanTCfool

A question of clarification, is Monday Midnight (the deadline mentioned in the OP) the minute before Tuesday 0:01 or the minute after Sunday 23:59?