Back in the young mids or, get in a gun?

Started by tbagrocks, September 28, 2016, 07:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Grazz

Quote from: TomK on October 12, 2016, 05:50:49 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 12, 2016, 05:45:23 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 12, 2016, 09:41:21 AM
Do you think you have capacity to make a play for Rocky should coach discussion with him not go well.

We've got the cash and we need his kind big time. Rather take Rocky then Gibbs to be honest.

That would soooooooo good. To good to contemplate.  :o

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 12, 2016, 05:50:23 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 12, 2016, 05:45:23 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 12, 2016, 09:41:21 AM
Do you think you have capacity to make a play for Rocky should coach discussion with him not go well.

We've got the cash and we need his kind big time. Rather take Rocky then Gibbs to be honest.

Why when rocky is the same type as Sloane and the crouches?

This doesn't bother me at all,  we can develope what we have to play a Gibbs  type role and he's younger.

Quote from: Jay on October 12, 2016, 05:58:13 PM
I'd prefer Gibbs to Rocky.

Really  ???

Jay

Yeah Rocky is a bit of a hack imo. Think we need someone who is more damaging and cleaner with the footy. Rocky is a similar type to Thommo and the Crouch boys.

Torpedo10

Gibbs is much more quality on the outside than Rocky I'd think, and a better ball user.

Grazz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 12, 2016, 06:11:27 PM
Gibbs is much more quality on the outside than Rocky I'd think, and a better ball user.

Agree with that but we have players that can eventually do a Gibbs role with time we don't have to many Rocky types on our list that i'm aware of.

Ricochet

Quote from: Jay on October 12, 2016, 06:08:24 PM
Yeah Rocky is a bit of a hack imo. Think we need someone who is more damaging and cleaner with the footy. Rocky is a similar type to Thommo and the Crouch boys.

Agree. I'd prefer Gibbs if I was an Adelaide supporter

Grazz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 12, 2016, 06:21:42 PM

Agree. I'd prefer Gibbs if I was an Adelaide supporter

As an outside mid every day of the week, I agree. Gibbs is quality but we can develope that kind of player maybe not to that standard but we can and have ten years or more service from them.

Vinny

Quote from: Grazz on October 12, 2016, 06:47:47 PM

Softie is much more quality on the outside than Rocky I'd think, and a better ball user.
Agree. I'd prefer Softie if I was an Adelaide supporter

As an outside mid every day of the week, I agree. Softie is quality but we can develope that kind of player maybe not to that standard but we can and have ten years or more service from them.
Your premiership window is now though, if Sloaney goes down, your midfield is in trouble. Gibbs is the perfect player for you guys atm.

Holz

GIBBS should be picked up, crows have loads of talent with Talia Laird down back, Betts jenkins Lynch up front but I reckon only Sloane and B.Crouch as the elite mids. No brainer to give 13 + Gov.

Carlton can play hardball all they want, keeping a player who requested a trade is not a smart move and they arent even ready yet so they are wasting Gibbs prime. Gibbs will excell at the crows with Crouch bros and Sloane feeding him the ball, let alone i actual healthy ruck in jacobs for once.

Rocky and Gibbs is overkill, they dont need rocky at all he's a fantasy gun but not a superstar, i want the ball in the hands of Sloane B.Crouch Gibbs not him.

TomK

Quote from: Holz on October 13, 2016, 10:41:05 AMNo brainer to give 13 + Gov.
Yeah, we would have no brain if we did that :P

Money Shot

Quote from: TomK on October 13, 2016, 10:55:33 AM
Quote from: Holz on October 13, 2016, 10:41:05 AMNo brainer to give 13 + Gov.
Yeah, we would have no brain if we did that :P
Even as a biased Carlton fan even I can see that 13 + McGovern is unreasonable! Cameron and the crouch Bros are also unreasonable also!

Think picks are going to be what gets it done with Lyons and Ellis-Yolmen saying they don't want to come to Carlton!

Gibbs for 13 and next years first is still overs but you're not losing a quality player! And I think that's what will get it done!

Grazz

Quote from: Vinny on October 13, 2016, 10:11:53 AM

Softie is much more quality on the outside than Rocky I'd think, and a better ball user.

As an outside mid every day of the week, I agree. Softie is quality but we can develope that kind of player maybe not to that standard but we can and have ten years or more service from them.
Your premiership window is now though, if Sloaney goes down, your midfield is in trouble. Softie is the perfect player for you guys atm.

If Sloane went down even with Gibbs we'd still be in trouble I reckon mate.

Holz

Quote from: Grazz on October 13, 2016, 01:43:35 PM

Your premiership window is now though, if Sloaney goes down, your midfield is in trouble. Softie is the perfect player for you guys atm.

If Sloane went down even with Softie we'd still be in trouble I reckon mate.

depends on the crouch brothers particlaury brad, brad is a potential superstar he just needs to stay healthy have a full preseason and have confidence in his body.

in saying that sloane is a top 5 player in the comp and obviously losing someone of that quality is a huge blow to any finals chance.

Grazz

Quote from: Holz on October 13, 2016, 01:49:38 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 13, 2016, 01:43:35 PM

If Sloane went down even with Softie we'd still be in trouble I reckon mate.

depends on the crouch brothers particlaury brad, brad is a potential superstar he just needs to stay healthy have a full preseason and have confidence in his body.

in saying that sloane is a top 5 player in the comp and obviously losing someone of that quality is a huge blow to any finals chance.

Hoping with a full preseason Brad can get back to his best footy, we need that big time. Matt hopefully continues on improving his disposal needs to improve.

Where do you guys rate Softie as an inside mid compared to an outside mid out of 10 ?

The reason I ask is if Sloane went down we're screwed, saw it against WC when we had nobody who could win their own ball.
As an outside mid Gibbs is very good but does he and can he win enough of his own ball should Sloane go down, i'm not so sure. This is my major concern and where Rocky would be very handy, don't forget this guy was AA a couple of years back and in a decent side I think he can be a hell of a lot better than we've seen of late.

We did ok last year without Gibbs and losing Danger but as we saw against WC without Sloanes grunt work in the packs we are pretty ordinary, my greatest fear is losing Sloane for an extended period, could be season over for us without another who can step in.

tbagrocks

I still think Adelaide can land Rocky and Gibbs but, will cost us a heap (Unlike what the perennial cheaters Hawks underpay for theirs)

But we might not have a top 50 pick :P  and I'd still expect Henderson and Lyons at least, to move on. Plus what we have to give Brisbane and Carlton

Hopefully Rocky stays another year 8) Then a freebee