Port Adelaide 2016 / 2017 Discussion

Started by nas, September 19, 2016, 07:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Koop on October 17, 2016, 09:31:57 PM
rift between Boak & Hartlett over Hartlett spending too much time with Boak's missus according to my chiropractor who's brother works in a similar role at an AFL club. how much truth there is to that I don't know.
This rumour has been doing the rounds for a while now, can't help but wonder how much substance there is to it!

JBs-Hawks

Koop

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 17, 2016, 10:47:21 PM
Hartlett is a pretty good bloke IRL

Not saying he isn't. The rumour I got suggested that it was more of a relationship argument with Hartlett offering the missus counselling, not anything untoward in an intimate sense. :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Dudge on October 17, 2016, 09:27:50 PM
I said to Grazz today, from a kick away from a Grand final, in 2014, and a destination club of some sorts, everything gone pear shaped. I think these long term contracts will come back to bite us on the arse. I still believe there's something else not right at the club. Not close enough to know what, but something just ain't quite right

rift between Boak & Hartlett over Hartlett spending too much time with Boak's missus according to my chiropractor who's brother works in a similar role at an AFL club. how much truth there is to that I don't know.

Also PSK, I didn't think there was anything official yet?
We must have the same Chiro lol. The Chiro was where I first heard that rumour.

powersuperkents

I said to Grazz today, from a kick away from a Grand final, in 2014, and a destination club of some sorts, everything gone pear shaped. I think these long term contracts will come back to bite us on the arse. I still believe there's something else not right at the club. Not close enough to know what, but something just ain't quite right

Far out, it wasn't  >:( (nothing against Ah Chee but someone needs to go to free up cap space)

We gave pick 60 something and next years first rounder for Pick 19 and 30 this season as part of the Hanley trade

Gold Coast must not have been interested in Ah Chee (they probably preferred the picks)

PowerBug

Quote from: PowerBug on October 17, 2016, 11:03:47 PM

We must have the same Chiro lol. The Chiro was where I first heard that rumour.
Actually no, I heard it was the other way round? :o (Boak was the dhead)

PowerBug

So it's the 10th year since what looks like one of our most successful drafts, back in 2006.

Boak (5) - Skipper, decided to stay with us instead of going to the Cats.
Stewart (23) - Okay maybe not worth pick 23 but still been a more than serviceable player for us :)
Krakouer (39) - Been very good in his 2nd coming at the club
R. Gray (55) - Well, need I say anything?
Westhoff (71) - The man himself and his beard.

Gigantor

PowerBug

Another trade period goes by without Port Adelaide trading away a player

PowerBug

Swans get: Pick 9, 19, 49
Power get: Pick 14, 17, 31

So we now have 14, 17, 30, 31 in this years draft, and no 1st round next year at this stage.

powersuperkents

Quote from: PowerBug on October 20, 2016, 03:32:56 PM
Swans get: Pick 9, 19, 49
Power get: Pick 14, 17, 31

So we now have 14, 17, 30, 31 in this years draft, and no 1st round next year at this stage.
I agree with this trade

Our issue is a lack of depth rather than talent - I think spreading risk through more top 30 (well top 31) picks is the way to go  :P

Koop

Best 22 in 2017 according to News Ltd.

B: Tom Jonas, Jack Hombsch, Matt Broadbent
HB: Jasper Pittard, Jackson Trengove, Hamish Hartlett
C: Jared Polec, Travis Boak, Brad Ebert
HF: Jarman Impey, Justin Westhoff, Sam Gray
F: Aaron Young, Charlie Dixon, Chad Wingard
R: Patrick Ryder, Ollie Wines, Robbie Gray
IC: Matt White, Angus Monfries, Karl Amon, Nathan Krakouer

So basically just Amon for DBJ from my predicted 22, albeit all in different spots.

Koop

& according to afl.com.au

B: Jack Hombsch, Logan Austin, Darcy Byrne-Jones
HB: Matthew Broadbent, Tom Jonas, Jasper Pittard
C: Jared Polec, Ollie Wines, Brad Ebert
HF: Jarman Impey, Charlie Dixon, Chad Wingard
F: Aaron Young, Patrick Ryder, Justin Westhoff
R: Jackson Trengove, Travis Boak, Robbie Gray
INT: Tom Clurey, Sam Gray, Riley Bonner, Hamish Hartlett
EMERG: Angus Monfries, Karl Amon, Brendon Ah Chee

So they have Tom Clurey, Riley Bonner & Logan Austin over Darcy Byrne-Jones, Angus Monfries & Matt White. Interesting they left White out.....

PowerBug

Well I joked to a few people on Tuesday that we will get BL, GC, Coll, Richmond and Adelaide twice. So to get 3 of them (Crows was obviously going to happen) means I don't think we can complain about the draw too much :o

Koop

Quote from: PowerBug on October 27, 2016, 05:53:33 PM
Well I joked to a few people on Tuesday that we will get BL, GC, Coll, Richmond and Adelaide twice. So to get 3 of them (Crows was obviously going to happen) means I don't think we can complain about the draw too much :o

No neither! Playing Essendon in Melbourne on the long weekend means another Melb roadtrip and hopefully will be able to get down to Ballarat for that game as well. Think it's been very kind to us this time around.