Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on September 14, 2016, 07:16:46 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on September 14, 2016, 07:13:24 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 14, 2016, 04:20:18 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on September 14, 2016, 04:03:09 PM
Now you know how Port felt this year.

Well Lobbe was dropped because he's no good then got injured :P
Yeah but we still had to go in with Ryder, Lobbe, Howard all out with no way of trading replacements in!

You guys will sort something out. Maybe a Lobbe/ MacKenzie deal can be made between us?? ;)

I'd rather Mackenzie/Hartlett please :P
How many first round picks you got to give us if you plan to take Hartlett? :P

If the Eagles are offering up Mackenzie I would be surprised if Port didn't try to make a play, so you could end up with Hartlett or Lobbe for sure.

elephants

Quote from: Koop on September 14, 2016, 08:20:11 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on September 14, 2016, 07:13:24 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 14, 2016, 04:20:18 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on September 14, 2016, 04:03:09 PM
Now you know how Port felt this year.

Well Lobbe was dropped because he's no good then got injured :P
Yeah but we still had to go in with Ryder, Lobbe, Howard all out with no way of trading replacements in!

You guys will sort something out. Maybe a Lobbe/ MacKenzie deal can be made between us?? ;)

I would be stoked with this!

Haha I doubt we'd take Lobbe :P you could well get Mackenzie though!

I reckon bring back big Paul Johnson from the WAFL ;D

iZander

Thoughts of trying McGovern in the ruck? Could be this years Trengove :P

elephants

Quote from: iZander on September 15, 2016, 09:21:45 AM

Apparently he's keen and they'll work on inproving his tank over the summer to potentially make this happen.

I do feel like hes so important to our defence though and I'd much rather have him there.

Gigantor

Quote from: elephants on September 15, 2016, 09:59:04 AM

Apparently he's keen and they'll work on inproving his tank over the summer to potentially make this happen.

I do feel like hes so important to our defence though and I'd much rather have him there.

If Barrass can continue on with what he started this year then I would be more accepting of Gov in the ruck.

Would also love Emac to get his mojo back as well!

elephants

Quote from: Gigantor on September 15, 2016, 10:05:05 AM
Quote from: elephants on September 15, 2016, 09:59:04 AM

If Barrass can continue on with what he started this year then I would be more accepting of Gov in the ruck.

Would also love Emac to get his mojo back as well!

Yeah I dunno how confident I'd be banking on Barrass to kill it from round 1 next season :P

In an ideal world:

• Gov kills it in the ruck
  • Barrass becomes a doninant force down back
  • E-Mack comes back and slots perfectly into his role down back again
  • Mitch Brown + lots of junk gets traded for Hartlett/Swallow/another mid.

Okay so the last one is ambitious :P

RaisyDaisy

Too soon to be expecting and relying so much on Barrass. I'd want Gov down back still

The_Captain

Mcgovern could be a great ruck. But i reckon he will get injured too easily. He is already pretty injury prone. And i dont think rucking will help his cause.

LF

Lycett update from today

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2016-09-15/lycett-hopes-for-quick-knee-fix

West Coast ruckman Scott Lycett says a posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction is possible following a consultation with Melbourne surgeon Julian Feller on Wednesday.

Lycett flew to Melbourne with a West Coast physio to seek a second opinion on the PCL injury in his left knee.

The Eagles do have experienced consultant surgeons in Perth who performed Nic Naitanui's anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.

But the club hasn't had a PCL injury since Michael Gardiner in 2004, and it is understood that the decision to consult Feller was simply a case of due diligence given PCL injuries are far less frequent.

Lycett told 6PR on Thursday morning that he was still unclear on the type of surgery needed following the consultation yesterday, but he conceded a reconstruction was possible.

LF

LF

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2016-09-16/mcgovern-goes-under-the-knife

All Australian defender Jeremy McGovern hopes his latest round of surgery will shore up the stability of his left shoulder.

The key Eagle told 6IX he went under the knife earlier this week to remedy a shoulder issue that had troubled him since the first game of the season against Brisbane.

“(It’s been troubling me) since round one; it was a good start to the year, let’s put it that way,” McGovern said, facetiously.

LF

And this
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2016-09-15/hernia-healed-but-pain-lingers-kennedy

West Coast super boot Josh Kennedy says he'll be up and running in no time after going under the knife to remedy a hernia recently.

The 2016 Coleman medallist told 6PR he had surgery the day after West Coast's elimination final loss to the Western Bulldogs.

Not one to give much away on the field, Kennedy admitted the hernia had been troubling him for approximately “six or seven weeks”, hence his quick transition from the playing field to the operating table last week.

While Kennedy felt almost immediate relief following the surgery, he said the hurt of the Eagles’ disappointing finals exit would linger for some time.

elephants

Saw we're keen on Hogan.

Nothing new, any club with half a brain would be keen on him.

Can't see us being able to match the offer that Freo will make him but good to know we're looking at targeting youth!

LF

elephants

We're apparently keen on Vardy and Clem Smith...

Don't want Smith at all, he's a crab. Vardy has talent but there's no good replacing two injury-riddled ruckman with another one surely. And I suspect Geelong will be demanding a reasonable pick too!