2015/16 Trade Discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on January 14, 2016, 06:16:12 PM
So now if any of the top players that Essendon pick should the club that was forced to de-list have priority to pick them up again.

So using SR again - Jamar who looks like being picked up by Dons was delisted by Steins.  Do Steins have priority over him or does he go into the pool to enable SR to have access with like for like?  just raising yet more issues with top up players being sought.

Happy to waive our right to Jamar.

He's only going to play this season and is no use to a rebuilding club who has Grundy, Gawn, Spencer, Stanley and O'Brien.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Memphistopheles on January 21, 2016, 10:49:45 PM
So now if any of the top players that Essendon pick should the club that was forced to de-list have priority to pick them up again.

So using SR again - Jamar who looks like being picked up by Dons was delisted by Steins.  Do Steins have priority over him or does he go into the pool to enable SR to have access with like for like?  just raising yet more issues with top up players being sought.

He's only going to play this season and is no use to a rebuilding club who has Grundy, Gawn, Spencer, Stanley and O'Brien.

you don't have a right to Jamar unless he on a list for 2017

Spite

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 21, 2016, 11:06:20 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on January 21, 2016, 10:49:45 PM

you don't have a right to Jamar unless he on a list for 2017

Correct.

Ringo we kept Golby on our list and didn't delist him so if he gets a spot with the bombers, then we would keep him. If we had delisted him then we wouldn't get him but would have priority if he was picked back up by a team in 2017.

kilbluff1985

i don't like that you pretty much get rewarded for bad administration (no offence)

Spite

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 22, 2016, 01:12:07 AM
i don't like that you pretty much get rewarded for bad administration (no offence)

We also kept Sam Menegola on our list for like two seasons. It was tactics because we thought he was good enough to play AFL one day. We kept Dayle Garlett for an extra year just in case and now we decided to keep Golby just in case too. How is that bad administrating? If anything, you guys delisting players who could still play is bad planning :P
(The bad planning was leaving Duffield on the list by accident)

kilbluff1985

think it's silly would rather back my drafting ability and get another kid to watch develop instead of leaving someone on your list not even in the AFL

but do whatever you want

GoLions

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 22, 2016, 01:29:20 AM
think it's silly would rather back my drafting ability and get another kid to watch develop instead of leaving someone on your list not even in the AFL

but do whatever you want
Not really. I kept Sam Grimley because I rate him and thought he was good enough to get picked up by another club. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

GoLions

Btw, anyone after a defender, hit me up. Looking for some midfield and/or forward depth.

Preferably forward after Crameri got suspended, but I'll still take a mid in case someone else is happy to give up a forward for a mid :P
And also because my mid depth is virtually non-existent.

Ringo

Keeping a de-listed player is the coaches decision which in some cases may backfire and pay off in others. It is their individual decision but if they use this tactic then they have non playing players on the list which is the risk they take..

GoLions

Just a quick heads up for those that have PM'd me regarding trades, been pretty busy this weekend and same goes for the next 2 days. Will be able to look at stuff either tomorrow night or Wednesday most likely.

kilbluff1985

if anyone needs a forward i'm open to trading Dickson

don't really need him now the DPP'S went my way

Ringo

Just a reminder that this trade period concludes this Sunday.

Ringo

Last day for trades today - Only 2 done this period.

nostradamus

If anyone is interested in a last minute trade, just hit us up.

**message both Rids and l please  8)