Hyundai A-League 2016/17

Started by LordSneeze, September 09, 2016, 02:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

LordSneeze

Quote from: McRooster on September 27, 2016, 12:15:56 AM
Why isn't Bobo listed?
Because the a-league is useless at updating the player lists

They released it with half the players missing.

strikes91

Has anyone set up a foxsports fantasy league ?

The Pod

Anyone having any success with Ultimate A-League?  Nothing works for me and haven't had a response from admin either.  Looks like a non-event for this year......

Luigi197

LEAGUE CODES

Official Fantasy (courtesy of LS): K33HLATM
FoxSports: 10-798 (Classic League)
Sportsdeck: 748004 (some random public league i'm in)

Luigi197

Thanks LS for the shout-out!

If any of you guys are interested, I actually am writing some articles for this website
http://supercoachhq.com/category/football/fantasy-a-league/

Luigi197

Predicted Ladder:
1.   Victory
2.   Sydney
3.   City
4.   Perth
5.   Brisbane
6.   Adelaide
7.   Wellington
8.   WSW
9.   Newcastle
10.   CCM

Golden Boot:
1.   Fornaroli
2.   Keogh
3.   Barbarouses

Predicted Round 1 Squads. Internationals, Injuries and Suspensions taken in to account. Players on bench who could prove me wrong and start on field are in brackets.

Adelaide
INJURED: Marrone, Elsey, Carrusca, Mileusnic
INTERNTIONAL: Mells
Galekovic (Hall)
McGowan, La Rocca, Elrich, Garrucio (Ochieng)
Isaias, Holland, Kitto (Makarounas)
Cirio, Sergi, Henrique (Marino)

Brisbane
INJURED: Petratos
INTERNATIONAL: O’Toole
Theo (Young)
Hingert, North, DeVere, Brown (Bowles)
Holman, Kristensen, McKay (Pepper)
Broich, Maclaren, Oar (Borrello)

CCM
INJURED: Adelson
INTERNATIONAL: L Rose
Necevski (Izzo)
Roux, Faty, Poscoliero, Ascroft (Neill)
Tavares, Montgomery, Pain (Appiah)
Ferreira, O’Donovan, Powell (Powell)

City
INJURED: Franjic, Gameiro
INTERNATIONAL: Cahill, Kuzmanovski
Sorenson (Bouzanis)
Muscat, Jakobsen, Rose (Chapman)
Brattan, Malik, Kilkenny, Caceres (Colazo)
Brandan, Fornaroli, Kamau (Fitzgerald)

Victory
INJURED: Mahazi
INTERNATIONAL: Rojas
Thomas (Spinella)
Geria, Baro, Donachie, Broxham (Ansell)
Bozanic, Troisi, Valeri  (Nigro)
Khalfallah, Berisha, Austin (Howard)

Newcastle
INJURED: Kennedy
INTERNATIONAL: Alessi
Duncan
Hoffman, Mullen, Boogard, Cowburn (Jackson)
Brown, Hoole, Ugarkovic (Poljak)
Nabbout, Nordstrand, Kokko (Pavicevic)

Perth
Reddy (Feely)
Risdon, Djulbic, R Williams, Grant (Mills)
Marinkovic, Sniljanic, Griffiths (Oxborrow)
Castro, Keogh, Taggart (Garcia/Harold)

Sydney
INJURED: Calver
INTERNATIONAL: Blackwood, Timotheou
Vukovic (Janjetovic)
Grant, Wilkinson, Jurman, Zullo (Ryall)
Ninkovic, Brillante, O’Neill (Dimitrijevic)
Holosko, Bobo, Carney (Brosque/Ibini)

Wellington
INJURED: Ridenton, Doyle
INTERNATIONAL: Barbarouses, McGlinchey, Durante, Fenton
Moss (Italiano)
Rossi, Fox, Parkhouse, Lowry (Tratt)
Finkler, Bonevacia, Rodriguez, Lia (Rufer)
Krishna, Watson (Rogerson)

WSW
INTERNATIONAL: Shabow, Scott, Youlley, Bandiera
SUSPENDED: Topor-Stanley
Redmayne (Tyson)
Neville, Broda, Cornthwaite, Cole (Hamill/Clisby)
Dimas, Pinatares, Martinez (Melling/Lustica)
Nichols, Bulut, Kusukami (Sotirio/Santalab)

Luigi197

Luigi197

TIPS FOR FINDING RANDOM LEAGUES TO JOIN
- Twitter search for all results with "Fantasy A-League"
- Google search "Fantasy A-League league code", refining the search to within the last month

LordSneeze

Here are my thoughts on the R1 matches and each of the teams. Ill do a summary after getting through them all.

Doing my Fantasy team updates, really hoping to do well this year.

Brisbane vs Melbourne

Brisbane
INJURED: Petratos
INTERNATIONAL: O’Toole
Theo (Young)
Hingert, North, DeVere, Brown (Bowles)
Holman, Kristensen, McKay (Pepper)
Broich, Maclaren, Oar (Borrello)

I agree this is the most likely starting team for round 1. Thie issue I see with this team is how do they fit in Petratos into the starting lineup when he gets back and who do they drop to the bench. 2 of Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS, Nicholas D’AGOSTINO, Joey KATEBIAN will be dropped and the other is unlikely to get more than 5 minutes if at all. 

Victory
INJURED: Mahazi
INTERNATIONAL: Rojas
Thomas (Spinella)
Geria, Baro, Donachie, Broxham (Ansell)
Bozanic, Troisi, Valeri  (Nigro)
Khalfallah, Berisha, Austin (Howard)

The victory lineup is very difficult to predict, but reckon you will be pretty close. Donachie & Ansell have been touch and go on who starts, but it appears Donachie has got the nod. Broxham was a makeshift leftback in the FFA cup with Galloway being dropped all together, this may have been cautionary so wouldn’t surprise me if Galloway came back in with Broxham sitting on the bench. Troisi is a AM /winger so expect him to be rotating with Khlalfallah & Austin through the positions.

Overall I see both teams as having pretty even, both teams are very strong in the mids & fwds with adequate defences. So I expect this to be an open game with multiple goals and a lot of players getting in behind the defences. 2-2 Draw.

Wellington
INJURED: Ridenton, Doyle
INTERNATIONAL: Barbarouses, McGlinchey, Durante, Fenton
Moss (Italiano)
Rossi, Fox, Parkhouse, Lowry (Tratt)
Finkler, Bonevacia, Rodriguez, Lia (Rufer)
Krishna, Watson (Rogerson)

The team has been destroyed by the international week and will be at other stages this year. While they have some reasonable cover for the players they have lost it has left them very threadbare. Defence looks as weak as recycled paper without Durante, Moss is past it, Midfield has Lia who is a hack, Forwards as fine except no backup this week.

City
INJURED: Franjic, Gameiro
INTERNATIONAL: Cahill, Kuzmanovski
Sorenson (Bouzanis)
Muscat, Jakobsen, Rose (Chapman)
Brattan, Malik, Kilkenny, Caceres (Colazo)
Brandan, Fornaroli, Kamau (Fitzgerald)

The biggest issue for City will be how do they fit in all the players this year and who misses out. They are the  team to beat if they can play as a team and not as a team of individuals. The other thing I want to see is how City setup defensively as I feel this is their biggest issue, does Malik go back to being a CB, Kilkenny could slot in there, Chapman.

This really should be a one way procession going in Melbourne direction. Any other result would be a huge surprise, but again I expect goals in this game. 3-1 Melbourne

WSW
INTERNATIONAL: Shabow, Scott, Youlley, Bandiera
SUSPENDED: Topor-Stanley
Redmayne (Tyson)
Neville, Broda, Cornthwaite, Cole (Hamill/Clisby)
Dimas, Pinatares, Martinez (Melling/Lustica)
Nichols, Bulut, Kusukami (Sotirio/Santalab)

Ive always found WSW difficult to understand due to the constant revolving door at the club. How all the changes mesh will determine a lot about how they go this year. I really want to actually see them play before making predictions on how they will go.

Sydney
INJURED: Calver
INTERNATIONAL: Blackwood, Timotheou
Vukovic (Janjetovic)
Grant, Wilkinson, Jurman, Zullo (Ryall)
Ninkovic, Brillante, O’Neill (Dimitrijevic)
Holosko, Bobo, Carney (Brosque/Ibini)

Sydney for me are a top 2 contender this year. Strong Keeper, Experienced Defence, Weaker Midfield, Quality Fwd. Sydney’s downfall is in the quality of their midfield, it is unlikely they will be able to control play against the other final competitors, however they will be strong enough defensively to concede the least amount of goals. As the old adage goes Defence wins championships.

Derbies are always hard to predict as it brings the most out of players and fans. I do expect a fairly tight affair with neither team being willing to open up too early. Sydney to win 1-0 with a second half goal to Ibini.

Perth
Reddy (Feely)
Risdon, Djulbic, R Williams, Grant (Mills)
Marinkovic, Sniljanic, Griffiths (Oxborrow)
Castro, Keogh, Taggart (Garcia/Harold)

There has been a lot of talk about the perceived strength of Perth, but I just don’t see it. Reedy is not a top quality keeper, the defence is Solid, but nothing outstanding, midfield again is solid, but nothing outstanding. Forwards are strong, but lack depth.

CCM
INJURED: Adelson
INTERNATIONAL: L Rose
Necevski (Izzo)
Roux, Faty, Poscoliero, Ascroft (Neill)
Tavares, Montgomery, Pain (Appiah)
Ferreira, O’Donovan, Powell (Powell)

A vast improvement on last year and will be more competitive, but will still be bring up the rear or very close to it. Faty & Necevski gives some much needed experience to the backline so id expect them to ship less goals this year, Tavares should anchor the midfield and Powell is a dangerous addition in the FWD line. Perth 3-1

Newcastle
INJURED: Kennedy
INTERNATIONAL: Alessi
Duncan
Hoffman, Mullen, Boogard, Cowburn (Jackson)
Brown, Hoole, Ugarkovic (Poljak)
Nabbout, Nordstrand, Kokko (Pavicevic)

Talk is that Kennedy is out for the year which means Duncan will hold the number 1 position, whether he has the ability to organise a defence is yet to be seen. Newcastle have a solid squad, but nothing outstanding. Brown is going to be the player that makes or breaks Newcastle this year, if he performs the solid nature of the rest of the team will likely allow them to perform well enough to be near finals.

Adelaide
INJURED: Marrone, Elsey, Carrusca, Mileusnic
INTERNTIONAL: Mells
Galekovic (Hall)
McGowan, La Rocca, Elrich, Garrucio (Ochieng)
Isaias, Holland, Kitto (Makarounas)
Cirio, Sergi, Henrique (Marino)

All the talk with Adelaide has been about how they have lost 5 key players and have not improved on last years squad. I completely disagree with that view and feel that the quality that has been brought in outweighs the quality lost.
Goodwin, Kamau, Sanchez, Mauk, Djite
Replaced with
Garrucio, Kitto, Henrique, Holland, Guardiola
Their defence is the strongest in the league IMO, especially if they pick up Regan as back up.

Im expecting a low scoring game here. Adelaide’s defence is strong, backed by arguably the best keeper in the league. So once again I don’t expect them to concede a huge amount of goals this year. With that said though the forward line has had quite a bit of change so might take a little while to gel. NewCastle are solid, but don’t appear to have the firepower up front to cause consistent problems. Adelaide 1-0

Luigi197

Quote from: LordSneeze on October 07, 2016, 03:45:04 PM
The issue I see with this team is how do they fit in Petratos into the starting lineup when he gets back and who do they drop to the bench.

Expect Oar and Broich to be fighting for the same LW position if Aloisi indeed wants to start Petratos

The victory lineup is very difficult to predict, but reckon you will be pretty close. Donachie & Ansell have been touch and go on who starts, but it appears Donachie has got the nod. Broxham was a makeshift leftback in the FFA cup with Galloway being dropped all together, this may have been cautionary so wouldn’t surprise me if Galloway came back in with Broxham sitting on the bench. Troisi is a AM /winger so expect him to be rotating with Khlalfallah & Austin through the positions.

Yeah the Broxham/Galloway/Georgievski fight will be interesting to see how it plays out over the season. I do rate Georgievski, but it seems Muscat doesn't. Galloway has potential but needs consistency. Broxham is a club legend and is hard to drop, but at some stage Muscat will have to make the hard call.

Overall I see both teams as having pretty even, both teams are very strong in the mids & fwds with adequate defences. So I expect this to be an open game with multiple goals and a lot of players getting in behind the defences.

Victory 2-1 I reckon. Expect one or both of Troisi/BKF to only play around 70 minutes.

Doing my Fantasy team updates, really hoping to do well this year.

And i'm hoping to somehow beat my overall rank of 4th last year ;)

LordSneeze

Yeah I think that is the only way to do it. Petratos is a best 11 for them and Aloisi loves him so expect him to slot in somewhere. Thinking it will be Broich coming on as an impact player late.

I disagree on Georgevski, I find him horrible and would be mightily disappointed if he was starting in my team. Feels like he is always going to do something stupid to lose points.

I think Bribane 2-1 at home given Victory have struggled there in the past, but I can see this going any of about 15 different ways.

Impressive work mate, I didn't perform well, but I never really took the time to focus on it.

Ive found setting a team I like quite difficult. Originally I wanted to have 2 super premiums, but to do that I felt like I was dropping the quality in all other positions. Instead I have taken a 1 Super Premium option to allow for a better balance over the whole team.

Due to the highly attack focused squads. I have avoided their defences & Keepers rather preferring players from the other teams in those positions.
Midfield is spread over teams that I expect to be top 6 with possible goal scoring potential
Fwds ive locked in 1 premium as captain choice and then decided on taking 2 riskier options sub 300k Who I reckon will start well.

PowerBug

What a save of a point by the Roar!

strikes91