2017 Salary Cap

Started by R.Griffen, September 02, 2016, 02:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Griffen

So I have already started on 2017, did from about round 5 this year. My question I pose is

Do you think VS will again continue to follow the real life AFL salary cap and add it to RDT?

The proper AFL is looking at about a 10% increase to the salary cap which means will be a 10% increase to our magic number and starting salary. Ever since the first change of salary cap VS under Dream Team and now Real Dream Team has follow the real life salary cap. If they chose to again we get a salary cap of $11,600,000ish and a magic number around 6430. In the case of this happening, it means guys like Dangerfield will be 750k and spuds that average just over 60 will be priced at 400k

Surely we are in for a change of system used by VS and not just follow the real world salary cap

meow meow

Why? The numbers are higher but the % is still the same.

Grazz

Quote from: meow meow on September 02, 2016, 03:23:58 PM

Agree, reckon it will be business as usual.

R.Griffen

Yes, but as the game keeps going the numbers will reach a certain point where imo they will start doing it a different way. And just personally I see this latest salary cap increase as a chance to do so

Grazz

Quote from: R.Griffen on September 02, 2016, 06:38:26 PM
Yes, but as the game keeps going the numbers will reach a certain point where imo they will start doing it a different way. And just personally I see this latest salary cap increase as a chance to do so

Anything is possible I guess, have learnt that with Fantasy over the last 3-4 years.

Scrads

Won't matter if the salary cap is $28, $12,000,000 or $867,345,378,001.01 because they'll scale the prices using the magic number so that each player will cost the same proportion of your salary anyway.