Main Menu

FF CAVIAR

Started by enzedder, August 31, 2016, 07:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Currently ranked at 35th best league and leading the way as far as FF leagues go this year, which is bittersweet. I mean it's nice and all but as far as seeing FF leagues challenge SCC for #1 overall it's a bit disappointing. That said I enjoy being part of it and hope FF Caviar goes again next year..
So 35th at present....unlikely to challenge for a top 20 place... we're about 1700pts off the pace with 6 rounds to go.
33rd last year (on average) so we're on track to match that effort, no thanks to my pathetic effort this year.

crowls

Quote from: enzedder on July 16, 2018, 09:54:25 PM
Currently ranked at 35th best league and leading the way as far as FF leagues go this year, which is bittersweet. I mean it's nice and all but as far as seeing FF leagues challenge SCC for #1 overall it's a bit disappointing. That said I enjoy being part of it and hope FF Caviar goes again next year..
So 35th at present....unlikely to challenge for a top 20 place... we're about 1700pts off the pace with 6 rounds to go.
33rd last year (on average) so we're on track to match that effort, no thanks to my pathetic effort this year.

NZ,  any idea what makes the SCC boys so strong.   I feel FF group has a lot of depth and good participation but we seem to always be a rung below SCC.

enzedder

Quote from: crowls on July 19, 2018, 11:02:47 PM

NZ,  any idea what makes the SCC boys so strong.   I feel FF group has a lot of depth and good participation but we seem to always be a rung below SCC.
Weight of numbers I think. I'm not sure how many leagues they have running but it is a lot.
I've never joined up over there but I know that there's a system where you express interest, post rankings of previous years and are put into leagues by administrators/organisers...similar to Platinum, Gold etc but on a much larger scale where one bad season does not exclude you from being in a top league. A few of our boys are of there as well...shaker, Trindacut, j959 to name a few.

shaker

Quote from: enzedder on July 20, 2018, 09:26:51 AM
Quote from: crowls on July 19, 2018, 11:02:47 PM

Weight of numbers I think. I'm not sure how many leagues they have running but it is a lot.
I've never joined up over there but I know that there's a system where you express interest, post rankings of previous years and are put into leagues by administrators/organisers...similar to Platinum, Gold etc but on a much larger scale where one bad season does not exclude you from being in a top league. A few of our boys are of there as well...shaker, Trindacut, j959 to name a few.
First year I have been in a SCC league and ended up in SCC #14 ranked 98 , the high leagues are hand picked by the admin. and so are the lower leagues but in the lower leagues they will post up maybe 24 teams and code and it's first in if you miss out your team will be posted in next available league until you get in a league as I found out about 3 or 4 leagues later  :P

crowls

Thanks guys.   Going to hang in with FF until we crack the number 1.   Of course got to make platinum first myself.:)

enzedder

Congrats to both Fid and shaker on making the GF.
May the better coach win. Good luck both!

League ranked 50th with a week to go.
Not too shabby. It's been a hard grind carrying me along I know.

Feel free to post here or pm me of your intentions re: Caviar in 2019. Will do it again.
Thanks to all.

dmac07

Quote from: enzedder on August 19, 2018, 10:51:19 PM
Congrats to both Fid and shaker on making the GF.
May the better coach win. Good luck both!

League ranked 50th with a week to go.
Not too shabby. It's been a hard grind carrying me along I know.

Feel free to post here or pm me of your intentions re: Caviar in 2019. Will do it again.
Thanks to all.

Good work Fid. I won 6/7 prelims scoring a 2600 on the weekend but wasn't good enough here!

enzedder

Congrats Shaker on winning Caviar's 2018 GF.  :)

shaker 2528 def Fid 2250

Hard luck Fid. Not having Buddy and copping a doughnut didn't help but as it turned out it wouldn't have made any difference if he played. You have been awesome for Caviar this year and I'm thankful you joined us.

Cheers to all for a competitive year. I'll update the original post in the thread with weekly highest scorers and season rankings and create a 2019 list of coaches as people confirm they are in again. Hopefully we can run the same squad again but that may not be possible and we'll see who wants to join.
Post here or pm me for FF Caviar 2019.

shaker

Quote from: enzedder on August 26, 2018, 09:28:59 PM
Congrats Shaker on winning Caviar's 2018 GF.  :)

shaker 2528 def Fid 2250

Hard luck Fid. Not having Buddy and copping a doughnut didn't help but as it turned out it wouldn't have made any difference if he played. You have been awesome for Caviar this year and I'm thankful you joined us.

Cheers to all for a competitive year. I'll update the original post in the thread with weekly highest scorers and season rankings and create a 2019 list of coaches as people confirm they are in again. Hopefully we can run the same squad again but that may not be possible and we'll see who wants to join.
Post here or pm me for FF Caviar 2019.
Cheers again EZ back luck Fid you have been pumping out the big scores I have been watching  ;) just one of those weeks see everyone next year  :)

crowls

well done shaker good win as fid has been flying.

shaker

I'll be back mate  ;)

enzedder

Quote from: shaker on September 02, 2018, 04:11:53 PM
I'll be back mate  ;)
Cheers mate. Had updated the original post with you and I confirmed already and put 2018 results in the second post at the beginning of the thread. Just need another 16 and we're all set haha.  ;)

Coaches...        Bolded = Confirmed for 2019                           
1. shaker - Shanes Shakers                   
2. ants - Rotlander                              
3. Hippo - HopposHens                        
4. Fid - Flying Fids                           
5. crowls - bombers rule                    
6. Bored Saint - Bored Saints                
7. dmac07 - D-Mac's Destroyers      
8. Gigantor - Spinach                          
9. acroyale - Highstriders                
10.MC - MC's Mix                                                
11.kilbluff1985 - FIGJAM