Main Menu

AXV 2017 Rule Discussion

Started by JBs-Hawks, August 30, 2016, 06:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: upthemaidens on October 23, 2016, 07:49:55 PM
An idea that may even up the Comp a little(if a Cap isn't introduce).  Clubs nominate one(or two) players from their best ten averagers(position dependant).
   Now that Ten would have stipulations on them  i.e. under 30yo, have played X amount of games to qualify, perhaps can't be re-sold etc. etc.

All players go into a draft and are selected by all Clubs in the same order as the other drafts.
  Lower Clubs should get an upgrade to their best ten, higher teams will get a downgrade and Mid Clubs stay pat.

...Just an idea, don't be offended if you fear change. lol  :)
I fear change!

I can't see it getting any support though utm :P

fanTCfool

Yep I'd rather have a cap than donate my good players for charity

upthemaidens

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 23, 2016, 09:15:00 PM
Yep I'd rather have a cap than donate my good players for charity
You would still get a player in return, possibly a better one than you gave up. 

JBs-Hawks

Heres an idea

If you are awarded a priority pick it must be on traded for a player over the age of 23.

iZander

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 23, 2016, 09:39:00 PM
Heres an idea

If you are awarded a priority pick it must be on traded for a player over the age of 23.
Gee it would be so helpful if there was a way to force the bottom teams to do this as well as force the top teams to not get too overpowered....

nrich102

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 23, 2016, 09:39:00 PM
Heres an idea

This idea is like communism, its amazing in theory, but in practice will never work. The team with the PP will get way unders for the pick because they will be forced to trade it.

upthemaidens

Don't know if it's been brought up before.  Can we hold off finalising our squads until after the AFL draft?

PowerBug

Quote from: upthemaidens on November 27, 2016, 10:02:57 PM
Don't know if it's been brought up before.  Can we hold off finalising our squads until after the AFL draft?
Matt De Boer I assume the reason behind this?

it would have to do with the draft picks everyone can use I assume. Although could make a rule that if you use a pick in the NAT draft, who you select can't be delisted immediately? (I'm just thinking and rambling here I may make no sense lol)

upthemaidens

Quote from: PowerBug on November 27, 2016, 10:05:41 PM

it would have to do with the draft picks everyone can use I assume. Although could make a rule that if you use a pick in the NAT draft, who you select can't be delisted immediately? (I'm just thinking and rambling here I may make no sense lol)
De Boer is the reason it came to mind, yes.   Also that the WXV lists aren't due until the 30th.

There are other scenarios though...
   let's say you have to delist a player because of squad size and have two candidates, a forward and a defender.
In the draft you manage to grab some new forwards and decide that you now need the defender more than the forward.

fanTCfool

Quote from: upthemaidens on November 27, 2016, 10:19:48 PM

De Boer is the reason it came to mind, yes.   Also that the WXV lists aren't due until the 30th.

let's say you have to delist a player because of squad size and have two candidates, a forward and a defender.
In the draft you manage to grab some new forwards and decide that you now need the defender more than the forward.

AFL clubs finalise their list before the draft. They might go into drafting looking for forwards but only have defenders available, that's the way it goes.

JBs-Hawks

Could definitely put it too vote next year to follow a similar method to WXV, have all AFL drafts done  before the AXV ones start.

upthemaidens

Quote from: fanTCfool on November 27, 2016, 10:38:57 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on November 27, 2016, 10:19:48 PM

AFL clubs finalise their list before the draft. They might go into drafting looking for forwards but only have defenders available, that's the way it goes.
Sure, but we don't follow what the AFL do in many other areas.
  Apart from being able to start our draft straight away, what other benefits come from early list lodgement?

Ricochet

Another thing to put forward that's in other comps.
-24hr rule doesnt apply to first round picks.

Missing out on your first rounder a pretty high cost if you're not in for that 24hrs initially

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on November 27, 2016, 11:22:01 PM

Missing out on your first rounder a pretty high cost if you're not in for that 24hrs initially
I'm probably being a bit harsh here, but I'm not a huge fan of the rule.

As a coach in one of these comps, there's only two real tasks that you pretty much have to do. Team selection and list management (which encompasses delistings/drafting/trading etc). With the drafts, we're all footy fans and every coach should know when the draft is and when the draft they're coach in is starting, so I feel like coaches really should be making the best effort they can to be on within 24 hours of their comp's draft starting to at least see where it's at and when their pick may come about. Don't get me wrong, I know people have lives, activity decreases and this time of year can be particularly busy, but I don't think it's too much to ask.

That's my two cents on it anyway.

GoLions

Quote from: Ricochet on November 27, 2016, 11:22:01 PM

What comp (or comps) has this rule?