Main Menu

AXV 2017 Rule Discussion

Started by JBs-Hawks, August 30, 2016, 06:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: nrich102 on November 28, 2016, 11:16:01 AM
Quote from: upthemaidens on November 28, 2016, 01:38:07 AM
Could just change the rule, from being skipped to receiving the next player in AFL order.
   That way in the rare occurrence that a Coach misses they will still get a top draft pick, especially if it's only a rule for the first round of picks.
Yup, I'd be in favour of this, with of course the chance to change your pick before the next person picks
Yeh that's probably a fair compromise

Remember boys this proposal is a very minor adjustment to our rules and would rarely happen. The affect on the comp is literally minimal

But in the unlikely event that something extraordinary happens to a coaches life outside of FF, we have something there

It can't hurt to have it can it

Rids

Quote from: Ricochet on November 28, 2016, 12:40:50 PM
Could just change the rule, from being skipped to receiving the next player in AFL order.
   That way in the rare occurrence that a Coach misses they will still get a top draft pick, especially if it's only a rule for the first round of picks.
Yup, I'd be in favour of this, with of course the chance to change your pick before the next person picks

Remember boys this proposal is a very minor adjustment to our rules and would rarely happen. The affect on the comp is literally minimal

But in the unlikely event that something extraordinary happens to a coaches life outside of FF, we have something there

The discussion is a good one to have and I am sure we can capture a few scenarios to vote on within it.

I understand both sides. Yes life should always be a priority. But delaying also can be a frustration trigger for others with hectic periods coming up. If everyone just give thought to each other then happy days!

Ricochet

Quote from: Rids on November 28, 2016, 12:44:24 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 28, 2016, 12:40:50 PM

The discussion is a good one to have and I am sure we can capture a few scenarios to vote on within it.

I understand both sides. Yes life should always be a priority. But delaying also can be a frustration trigger for others with hectic periods coming up. If everyone just give thought to each other then happy days!
Yep that's the key :)

upthemaidens

Has this rule been introduced yet?  If a player quits/delisted and returns to the AFL at a later date, that the previous AXV Club gets to match any bids for that player.
    If not, we should consider adding it.  Basically the same process as WXV.   It only occurs now and then, but still is a good rule to have.

upthemaidens

While I'm at it :)    Remove the Rookie list and just make it a 46 man squad.  If we still have a rookie draft, then those players just go onto the seniors.

AFL might get rid of Rookie lists anyhow, but even if they don't we still should.

nas

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 07, 2017, 03:12:14 PM
While I'm at it :)    Remove the Rookie list and just make it a 46 man squad.  If we still have a rookie draft, then those players just go onto the seniors.

AFL might get rid of Rookie lists anyhow, but even if they don't we still should.

Looked at mid November & maybe implementing next season.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,66981.5000.html

Ricochet

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 07, 2017, 02:57:47 PM
Has this rule been introduced yet?  If a player quits/delisted and returns to the AFL at a later date, that the previous AXV Club gets to match any bids for that player.
    If not, we should consider adding it.  Basically the same process as WXV.   It only occurs now and then, but still is a good rule to have.
Yeh i like this one too

Rids

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 07, 2017, 03:12:14 PM

We will need to put this to a vote for the 2018 AXV season as teams would have traded and drafted accordingly. Rookie list will need to remain for the 2017 season.