AXV 2017 Rule Discussion

Started by JBs-Hawks, August 30, 2016, 06:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

Quote from: iZander on August 31, 2016, 08:17:01 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on August 31, 2016, 08:14:59 PM
l want to be blunt.

The cap is an absolute nonsense.

I was one of the initial coaches of AXV and drafted strategically from the outset. the team that is now the Crabs is the result of a long laid plan. Since then Rids and l have traded and drafted accordingly.

Now it seems that this may all be undermined by a garbage rule from another comp. This is our unique comp, our unique scoring system and damn good as it is ......... why would we want to alter it to conform to another XV's system.
At no point did we say we wanted to do it to be like worlds.....

I don't think Nostra mentioned Worlds either...

iZander

Quote from: fanTCfool on August 31, 2016, 08:26:21 PM
l want to be blunt.

I was one of the initial coaches of AXV and drafted strategically from the outset. the team that is now the Crabs is the result of a long laid plan. Since then Rids and l have traded and drafted accordingly.

Now it seems that this may all be undermined by a garbage rule from another comp. This is our unique comp, our unique scoring system and damn good as it is ......... why would we want to alter it to conform to another XV's system.

What other XV comp was he talking about then?

fanTCfool

Quote from: iZander on August 31, 2016, 08:27:32 PM
l want to be blunt.

I didn't say he wasn't talking about Worlds

iZander

Quote from: fanTCfool on August 31, 2016, 08:28:34 PM
Quote from: iZander on August 31, 2016, 08:27:32 PM
l want to be blunt.

I didn't say he wasn't talking about Worlds

Well that was an irrelevant conversation lol

JBs-Hawks

I dont like the taking away of good teams draft picks its like punishing them for being better at the game then others. Also takes away some of the fun of the game in researching and drafting if they dont have a decent pick to use.

The Cap I dont mind and it is proven to work in WXV but happy without it depends what everyone else wants

The best way to even out a competition is with good coaching. Ele and Ric took the worst list in any XV competition and just made it to the GF! Even look at tbag he went with young approach initially and spent a couple years down the bottom and this year he identified that it was his time to shine so to go with his youngsters he traded in some proven guns in Mitchell and Watson if he wasnt suspended and look he made a prelim final!

Also trading will be stricter on trading out old players for young players.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 30, 2016, 11:26:39 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on August 30, 2016, 10:44:04 PM
A team would be unlucky to missing 4-5+ of their starting XV in a GF.
:'( :'(
Tibet missed at leased 4 in the prelim :-\

Rids

Is there any update on when things will start happening in AXV? I now we are waiting for the new coach to be done but there are no threads for the drafts etc.

If people are time poor that is fine because I am sure others like myself are more than willing to help out to get things rolling.

iZander

Quote from: Rids on September 04, 2016, 04:42:09 PM
Is there any update on when things will start happening in AXV? I now we are waiting for the new coach to be done but there are no threads for the drafts etc.

If people are time poor that is fine because I am sure others like myself are more than willing to help out to get things rolling.

Wondering similar things, also wondering about the outcome of the above conversations or any other rule changes, is there a vote? or Admins deciding? Also if there is, probably could have that done before trade period starts as a potenital cap/draft picks would have a instant effect on trading :P

JBs-Hawks

The majority has spoken, we are keeping as is!

nrich102

I'm quite disappointed, I really wanted change.

Can we have the numbers to see how much of a minority I was in?

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 07, 2016, 09:00:40 AM
The majority has spoken, we are keeping as is!
A few things:
1 - did the majority speak, or did more people say keep as is compared to the other two but it wasn't 9 of the coaches?
2 - I can't even remember if I sent anything through to you.
3 - I could've sworn that I had a rule change I wanted to discuss this off season but can't seem to remember what it was about.

JBs-Hawks

No i didn't receive a vote from you but the majority of 9 was reached.

We can only vote on whats presented.....

iZander

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 07, 2016, 11:35:44 AM
No i didn't receive a vote from you but the majority of 9 was reached.

We can only vote on whats presented.....
Yep just checking that 9 was reached :)

Oh well I forgot what it was anyway so no biggie :P

upthemaidens

An idea that may even up the Comp a little(if a Cap isn't introduce).  Clubs nominate one(or two) players from their best ten averagers(position dependant).
   Now that Ten would have stipulations on them  i.e. under 30yo, have played X amount of games to qualify, perhaps can't be re-sold etc. etc.

All players go into a draft and are selected by all Clubs in the same order as the other drafts.
  Lower Clubs should get an upgrade to their best ten, higher teams will get a downgrade and Mid Clubs stay pat.

...Just an idea, don't be offended if you fear change. lol  :)