Harvey, Dal Santo, Petrie, Firrito

Started by roo boys!, August 24, 2016, 01:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2016-08-24/farewell-our-champions

The club has made the decision to not offer any of the above a contract for 2017.. not sure how I feel about this. Harvey and Dal in particular

Don't think its quite sunk in yet that we'll only get to see these guys play a couple more times. Not allowing any of them to go out on their own terms either kinda sucks

Ricochet

Firrito definitely the right call
Petrie yeh probably as well
Dal Santo 50/50
Harvey stiff

meow meow

Huge.

Boomer very very stiff.

Going to cull Waite too?

Koop

Keep Waite but cull Boomer. What kinda logic is that?  :o

meow meow

Making salary cap space or did they spend it all Wood after his 5 good games?

roo boys!

Quote from: meow meow on August 24, 2016, 01:59:18 PM
Yeah I thought clearing up space to make a play at a big name but I'm not really sure who it could be? Unless Brad is just trying to emulate Geelong's last few years clearing out champions against their will?

Ricochet

Quote from: roo boys! on August 24, 2016, 02:17:26 PM
Yeah I thought clearing up space to make a play at a big name but I'm not really sure who it could be? Unless Brad is just trying to emulate Geelong's last few years clearing out champions against their will?
Chris Mayne

ossie85

Not criticising the decision... Though if a player is still in your top 5, I don't really think it matters how old they are.

But the timing seems way off to me.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Ricochet on August 24, 2016, 02:20:03 PM
Chris Mayne
Mayne's not exactly a big fish though. if they're clearing iut blokes like Harvey to get blokes like Mayne... well that's pretty flowered :P

roo boys!

Quote from: ossie85 on August 24, 2016, 02:25:40 PM

Not criticising the decision... Though if a player is still in your top 5, I don't really think it matters how old they are.

But the timing seems way off to me.
Exactly. And that's been the club's stance on Boomer for the last few years which is what makes this all the more puzzling

As for the timing, Scott said they brought the decision forward given the possibility that this weekend could be the clubs last game in Melbourne, thus giving fans the opportunity to go and potentially farewell the players

The more I think about this the more and more frustrated I am

Ricochet

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on August 24, 2016, 02:28:16 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on August 24, 2016, 02:20:03 PM
Chris Mayne
Mayne's not exactly a big fish though. if they're clearing iut blokes like Harvey to get blokes like Mayne... well that's pretty flowered :P
ha not exactly big fish, he's nowhere near it :P

roo boys!

I'm curious as to who Scott reckons Boomer is holding out of the side, if he claims this decision has been made to give young guys opportunity

No youngsters have really been knocking down the door, I can see my boy Ryan Clarke filling Dal's shoes, but as for Boomer's role if noone is knocking down the door then why gift them games simply because they're young?

_wato

Kayne Turner to fill Harvey's boots. Hasn't played all year.

This is very very strange, two years ago they go after older blokes with experience and now they're all against it.

North will be a rabble without Dal and Boomer   

JBs-Hawks

Happy to have Boomer, Dal and Petrie at the hawks for a year!