Premiership Pies call it a day.

Started by Nige, August 22, 2016, 02:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Quote from: ossie85 on August 23, 2016, 01:44:15 PM
Quote from: _wato on August 23, 2016, 01:13:44 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on August 23, 2016, 01:10:49 PM

that's a fair chunk of salary though... probably close to $2m for all 4

Have you seen the list of free agents though? For what we need (CHF/CHB quality player) there are none

Well, there's always trading plus we ain't gonna win the flag next year. Bank the salary to spend the year after if we have to

or....just get Fyffe   ;)

_wato

We need a Buddy Franklin type coup.

Someone who can play high half forward like he does and let Moore do his thing up forward, like Cameron/Patton

And then we need to get Weitering and we're set

No need for Fyfe, our midfield isn't the problem and never has been :P

Spite

Quote from: _wato on August 23, 2016, 10:40:07 PM
We need a Buddy Franklin type coup.

Someone who can play high half forward like he does and let Moore do his thing up forward, like Cameron/Patton

And then we need to get Weitering and we're set

No need for Fyfe, our midfield isn't the problem and never has been :P

Well, we have no draft picks so its not going to happen. We don't even have enough to get Brown and Daicos Jnr. We will most certainly trade someone like Marley or Witts to get the picks to get those father-son players to our club.

We would only be able to attract delisted free agents this year. Maybe someone like Boomer (potentially Petrie) on a one year contract.

Any other picks I imagine we could also possibly trade for future picks for next season.

Next season we could then have extra picks, as well as a first rounder (and be eligible to trade the first rounder for the next season) and have about $1m in the bank for a huge coup

ossie85

This might be crazy....

But is it worth bringing Chris Dawes back in?

I know he's had injury and form issues, but always admired his leadership and how he conducts himself on the field. Could be a good depth player for a cheap price

Toga

JBs-Hawks

flower Maddern off and let Swanny host the footy show!

Grazz

ossie85

T Dog

Quote from: ossie85 on August 30, 2016, 04:21:16 PM
Cloke requests a trade

I'm gutted   :'( >:( Who is my man now?? ::)

_wato

Not happy with that call.

Moore has missed 5 weeks on 3 seperate occasions, so is constantly getting niggles, White is a hack and Cox is meh

So once Moore gets injured next year, White plays like shower and Cox enters back into the 2's do we play Fasolo as our number one forward? Oh wait, he's always injured and then we can't play Elliot because he's missed a whole year and doesn't have a return date. Swanny is retired. We'll be flowered

Clokey and Moore together is a lethal duo, bc not only does he protect Moore with a bigger body, but he warrants more attention meaning Moore can do this thang !! Moore now gets #1 defender every week and I can't help but feel he'll get towelled up.

Watch Cloke kick 50 goals at Dogs now too

ossie85

I'm not sure the Dogs can afford paying $1.6m for 2 key forwards playing vfl.

Love Cloke, but has lost confidence. Take away his glove enabled giants match.... this year has been very poor.

Even if he plays well for someone else, I doubt he will play well for the Pies.

Win-win I think. As disappointing to see him go

Grazz

Always sucks saying goodbye to players retiring or moving on. Don't like it.
Danger in a Geelong jumper will take a bit of therapy still.  :(

shaker

Quote from: _wato on August 30, 2016, 07:07:22 PM
Not happy with that call.

Moore has missed 5 weeks on 3 seperate occasions, so is constantly getting niggles, White is a hack and Cox is meh

So once Moore gets injured next year, White plays like shower and Cox enters back into the 2's do we play Fasolo as our number one forward? Oh wait, he's always injured and then we can't play Elliot because he's missed a whole year and doesn't have a return date. Swanny is retired. We'll be flowered

Clokey and Moore together is a lethal duo, bc not only does he protect Moore with a bigger body, but he warrants more attention meaning Moore can do this thang !! Moore now gets #1 defender every week and I can't help but feel he'll get towelled up.

Watch Cloke kick 50 goals at Dogs now too

Was thinking the same thing Moore is young and looks like he might be a bit injury prone till he gets a bit older but Cloke wants to play every week which the coach would not oblige so looks like Buckley has put all his eggs in one basket , we will have to wait and see what unfolds

ossie85

Gotta say, being down to only 5 premiership players left only 6 years after is a bit disappointing (Pendles, Sidebottom, Reid, Blair and Goldsack)