British xv Vacant Coaching Positions

Started by Ringo, August 21, 2016, 08:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

We have two vacancies in the coaching ranks for next year with Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs coach relinquishing the team and Staines Steins being declared vacant under British rules.

British xvs uses a customised UF scoring system.

Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs have been a top 8 team but have faltered a little over the last year. Staines Steins have been in the cellar for a few years and will represent a challenge to the new coach.

We invite applications from coaches to coach either of these teams. We ask that you apply in this thread giving details of your involvement in Fantasy Football over the years, a commitment to coach the team for the full year and beyond and how you would take the teams forward.

Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs
Def: Jarrad McVeigh (Syd), Jarryn Geary (StK), Paul Seedsman (Adel), Shane Savage (StK), Aaron Mullett (NM), Ben Sinclair (Coll), Ciaran Sheehan (Carl), Billie Smedts (Geel), Ethan Hughes (Fre), Nathan Broad (Rich), Alex Neal-Bullen (Melb), Mitchell Golby, Paul Duffield

Mid: Luke Parker (Syd), Lachie Neale (Fre), Brent Stanton (Ess), David Swallow (GC), Levi Greenwood (Coll), Mitchell Wallis (WB), Connor Blakely (Fre), Scott Selwood (Geel), Sam Menegola (Geel), Mark Whiley (Carl), Nick O'Kearney (StK), Brant Colledge (WC)

Ruck: Nick Naitanui (WC), Callum Sinclair (Syd), Mason Cox (Coll), Jarrad Redden

Fwd: Dustin Martin (Rich), Toby Greene (GWS), Jack Watts (Melb), Maverick Weller (StK), Josh Bruce (StK), Josh Thomas (Coll), Matthew Wright (Carl), Connor Menadue (Rich), Matthew De Boer (Fre), Troy Menzel (Adel), Alex Sexton (GC), Joshua Walker (Bris), Tim Broomhead (Coll), Bailey Dale (WB), Thomas Curren (StK), Corey Gault (Coll)

Staines Steins
Def: Elliot Yeo (WC), Ricky Henderson (Adel), Nick Vlastuin (Rich), Callum Mills (Syd), Brayden Maynard (Coll), Lee Spurr (Fre), Zak Jones (Syd), Kristian Jaksch (Carl), Angus Litherland (Haw), Caleb Marchbank (GWS), Tom Doedee (Adel), Tom Cole (WC), Joshua Wagner (Melb), Matthew Dick (Carl)

Mid: Marcus Bontempelli (WB), Lachlan Hunter (WB), Kieren Jack (Syd), Joshua Kelly (GWS), Jack Redden (WC), Tendai Mzungu (Fre), Kamdyn McInotsh (Rich), Bradley McKenzie (NM), Daniel McKenzie (StK), George Horlin-Smith (Geel), Jake Barrett (GWS), Viv Michie (Melb), Brayden Fiorini (GC)

Ruck: Max Gawn (Melb), Brodie Grundy (Coll), Jake Spencer (Melb), Reilly O'Brien (Adel)

Fwd: Jamie Elliott (Coll), Jesse Hogan (Melb), Josh Jenkins (Adel), Adam Tomlinson (GWS), Rhys Stanley (Geel), Christian Petracca (Melb), Ryan Davis (GC), James Harmes (Melb), Mitchell Clark (Geel), Kyle Langford (Ess), Daniel Robinson (Syd), Taylor Garner (NM), Josh Saunders (StK), Fraser McInnes (WC)

Applications will close on Sunday 28th August When submitting please indicate a preference.

Process will be that after applications close Coaches will vote on the applications and the coach with the highest number of votes will get their nominated team and the coach with second most votes will get the other team.

Please feel free to PM me if further information is required,

Torpedo10

Could I take over that Steins lineup along with Manchester? Looks Dynamo!  :P

Seriously though, get your applications in!

kilbluff1985

nas

Mods, Coaches.
                     I would like to put my hand up to be Coach of the Staines Steins.

Would love the challenge to make this team a strong force to reckon with.

There is the foundation there & with the right trades & delistings, & drafting participation, finals in 2017 could be there on the horizon.

Have been a member of FF from 2009 & currently the Head coach of the following teams:

Carolina Panthers AXV111 SC. Made the 2016 GF in my first year as Coach after taking over late in the Pre Season.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,105440.msg1728449.html#new

UAE Tigers AXV's. Made the 2016 Finals in my first year as Coach

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,104974.msg1728453.html#new

Arizona Scorpions AXV111 DT. Made the DT Finals in 2016 after taking over just prior to the start of the 2016 Season.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,106350.0.html

Also participate in UF, so the transition to the running platform for the British is of no problem.

Current ranking is Seasoned Coach.

Currently run Coaches Interviews: http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,89881.0.html as well as being on the forum daily.

Always respond to the PM's that are received, even when overseas, as a few Coaches can relate to that have had dealings with myself in the above teams that I am Coach off.

In closing, thanks for having a read of my application.

nas.

T Dog

I see NAS has applied to join this comp and he is one scary scary dude.
So to keep him honest I now apply to be a head Hedgehog.

I look at this team and say It has potential.
It has potential guns.
It has kids with potential.
It is a potential new coaches dream.
It is a traders nirvana.

Most of you will know the T Dog from other comps. Americas DT and SC and AXV Mod.

I have a wide and varied view on all players / picks value and their usefulness that a lot of you may find confronting.
I develop teams to a plan / model / idea that I have at the time.
I simply look for my own idea of incremental improvement in all deals
I never vote against another coaches trade movement. Coaches trade / deal for reasons I don't have to worry about, let alone have a say in. I figure my views are about my teams not yours.
If you really want to know how I travel, check out the SC Americas Colorado history, but for a real thrill wait til you see what ElPaso has done when trading opens. Minor premiership in that comp was just the prelude to next year.

So talking about next year then:
Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs = Minor Premiers 2017 = Coached by T- Dog. If you are up for the challenge..then a vote for me is just that   ;D

LF

Two coaches who love to trade,what more could we ask for haha

Spite

I should mention that whoever becomes fearless leader of the Hedgehogs, I am happy to send through a few PMs explaining the direction we were going in and some general tips with the scoring system and line-up for BXV!

GoLions

Quote from: Spite on August 21, 2016, 11:07:12 PM
I should mention that whoever becomes fearless leader of the Hedgehogs, I am happy to send through a few PMs explaining the direction we were going in and some general tips with the scoring system and line-up for BXV!
I hear Neale and Parker struggle in this format

R.Griffen

Quote from: Spite on August 21, 2016, 11:07:12 PM
Calgary Fireflies from AXVIII is all I have to say ;)

But seriously interested might chuck a proper application up tomorrow arvo

Spite

I honestly believe that the BXV scoring system is the best one out there so make sure to get your applications in!!

Koop

Feels extremely daunting to be applying along with two of the finest to have ever graced the FF community. However I will have to spoil one of your parties slightly and formally apply for the top job for the Staines Steins. As nas said, it is a new coaches wet dream, it has a multitude of young guns, and with tinkering and refinement here and there, could be quite competitive in 2017.

- FF member since 2012.
- Inaugural coach of Kathmandu, Alberta & Nicaragua in various XV & XVIII leagues before leaving FF in 2014.
- I trade aggresively and chase who I want. People will, and have had, differing views on how I operate. One member took it a step further in 2014 so I left, shower happens, you have the right to disagree with me, but at the end of the day you have your team to worry about and I have mine.
- After being touted as spoon contenders when I left, Kathmandu made Top 4 (I think?) that season under PB, so I do know what Im talking about on occasion when it comes to player knowledge, I like to pick breakouts, except if theyre on my skin.
- Whoever has Trent Dumont you won’t have him much longer.
- Same with Brad Ebert, I will get my man. I did in Asians, if appointed I will here too. ;)

Anyway, if anyone has any questions happy to answer them here or via PM. As you can see its 3am so I’m sure I’ll edit/fix up my grammar tomorrow when I re-read it.

#Vote1Koop

Nige

^ Left being former Rams water boy out of his little resume there, important role it was though.  8)

fanTCfool

Quote from: Nige on August 22, 2016, 07:51:36 PM
^ Left being former Rams water boy out of his little resume there, important role it was though.  8)

Keep your former water boys close and your current assistants closer Nigey, that Steins list...

Nige

Quote from: fanTCfool on August 23, 2016, 12:22:34 AM

Keep your former water boys close and your current assistants closer Nigey, that Steins list...
I have a good track record of assistants going on to great things. Just look at what Toga and Rico have achieved in Worlds after previously being under my wing.

Basically Alistair Clarkson. ;)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Nige on August 23, 2016, 12:30:36 AM
Quote from: fanTCfool on August 23, 2016, 12:22:34 AM

I have a good track record of assistants going on to great things. Just look at what Toga and Rico have achieved in Worlds after previously being under my wing.

Basically Alistair Clarkson. ;)

how many flags have u won nige?  :P