EPL 2016/17 Discussion and Banter Thread

Started by Keeper27, August 15, 2016, 11:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper27

Liverpool fan here.

Great to see us start with a win against a tough side. gives me hope.
Pros: Mane, what a gun, kept attacking and looked dangerous in the 2nd half.
Brazilians - Coutinho and Firmino. Love em, the looked great all game and Coutinho's Free from that far out was AMAZING.

CONS: Moreno isn't a defenders asshole. #MorenoOut.
Hendo, love the bloke but i don't think he should be starting.

nice to see Zlats score on debut, Rooney shouldnt start, aguero is still a fantasy monster.

PowerBug

nrich102

Manchester derby should be a cracker, looking forward to it.

Keeper27

Great Manchester derby.
Pogba was nowhere to be seen, looked like Fellaini touched the ball more than he did.
I hate UTD but rashford should've started he's a gun and needs the experience if he's to reach his potential.
I think it would've been worse if Aguero played.
Zlatan is typical Zlatan. Awesome.

Loved it.

Liverpool played great and loved the result

PowerBug

K Arsenal, just take Cazorla off pens. :( Red Card for Livermore was harsh too.

Keeper27

Another win for my beloved Reds.
I've been pretty harsh on hendo lately and deservedly so, but he was amazing against chelsea.
He controlled that midfield and his screamer was Gerrard-esque.
Matip was a wall. He was great.

Anyone see negredo goal against Everton? I'm surprised that was allowed.

R.Griffen

Quote from: Keeper27 on September 18, 2016, 08:24:35 AM
I've been pretty harsh on hendo lately and deservedly so, but he was amazing against chelsea.

He didn't score. It was an own goal, that's why it counted

Keeper27

Quote from: R.Griffen on September 18, 2016, 01:13:44 PM
Quote from: Keeper27 on September 18, 2016, 08:24:35 AM

He didn't score. It was an own goal, that's why it counted

Fair enough. Just seen the highlights of that game.

Keeper27

i watched the Man UTD vs. Leicester City game and the Liverpool vs. Hull game. last night.

ManU/Leicester:
United were looking shaky in that first 15-20 mins, then they scored from a set piece and it seemed to have settled them.
it was good to finally see pogba show what he's capable of, but i guess thats due to the gaffer not playing in his natural role the last few games.
Mata deserves a special mention, whenever he plays he just seems to light up everyone around him, and him taking Rooney's spot showed that Rooney might as well stay on that bench.
Mata worked as hard going back as Rooney and definitely played a whole lot better going forward than Rooney has all year.
Zlats looked dangerous as usual, Rashford is something special and should start every game.
Leicester let through 3 goals from the set pieces on the left. very poor marking and unorganized.

Liverpool vs. Hull:
WOW, what can i say, an almost perfect display of football.
not being bias here either, they looked ridiculously good.
it seemed that Hull could not even get the ball out of their defensive half.
MOTM was milner for sure, he dominated that left side and just did whatever he wanted.
Mane, again looking extremely dangerous. coutinho/lallana/firmino looked amazing and on point.
Wijnaldum was also amazing.

5-1 and sitting in 4th. i'm a very happy man.

R.Griffen

I'll talk about
Swansea vs Man City
I always rate Swansea vs the better teams in the PL. But Man City are close to unstoppable, Swansea tried to press the mids which is strange since Aguero is so dangerous but for the first half and actually most of the game they did it well. Man City's mids were poor on defence the possession style of football seemed to worry them and made City look worried. As expected after the second goal Swansea got desperate and conceded another one

Also watched Arsenal vs Chelsea
Arsenal are actually a threat as the midfield can do it all, their set up behind the ball dominated the run of Chelsea, was a great display of 2 way running from Arsenal they come to play and put the game away early. Worry for Chelsea they never changed up style of game and tried the same thing time after time and Arsenal had them covered the whole game

Keeper27

Cheers Griffo.
Actually wanna watch the Watford game and see how Capoue plays.
He's me FPL captain this week hope he bags a few and a couple of assists too LOL

R.Griffen

Quote from: Keeper27 on September 25, 2016, 05:59:07 PM
Cheers Griffo.
Actually wanna watch the Watford game and see how Capoue plays.
He's me FPL captain this week hope he bags a few and a couple of assists too LOL
Not sure if you care about the other matches, but West Ham's defence is awful and has been for about 5 weeks. Blew some early shots, with the classy ball movement from Southampton just cut right through the D. Happy for my Saints to get a win. I was very nervous early on

PowerBug

Stekelenburg going full beast mode saved 2 penalties!

As City just manage to score :( 1-1

PowerBug

Am I keen for United vs Arsenal? Yes wouldn't explain how keen I am :D

Hawka

Now with being back to stable hours can finally watch my toffees again!
Should beat west brom