British XV Finals - Week 3 Team and OOP Lodgements and Banter Discussion

Started by GoLions, August 08, 2016, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Getting this up now as I'll be busy again this week (uni pls).

Fixture:

Hurricanes vs Owls - I really give the Owls a chance here, despite the Hurricanes having HGA and being undefeated all year. The Owls have shown that when they're on, they're on. They should regain Thompson in their midfield this week, and would also be expecting a much better performance from Jack Steven with the captaincy. The Hurricanes will lose Goddard from their defence it seems, which could really hurt them. They would be expecting a bit more from their midfield though, and you know they won't dish up a poor score with the consistency that they have shown all year. I just have this feeling that the Owls are going to go huge this week though...

Werewolves vs Badgers - Two teams who have both been killed by injuries this year, facing off for a spot in the Grand Final! The Werewolves have regained Dahlhaus now, along with Hodge as well, and will be hoping for the return of Toby McLean into their forward line. The Badgers unfortunately look like losing #1 ruck Tom Nicholls this week, and will be sweating on a timely return from Daniel Currie. If not, that could be the match decided then and there. I think the Werewolves will win this in a close one, unless the Badgers depth can pull out some decent scores for the 2nd week running, however this is unlikely.

Dragons vs Knights - Knights enjoyed an alright win over the Bunnies this week, even though star captain Patrick Dangerfield had an off week, along with Pendles getting injured. If Pendles is able to play this week, they would be looking at matching or improving o their score this week, and really pushing the Dragons at home. The Dragons however, being led by the goat himself, Tom Rockliff, are now refreshed after having a week off, and should have an answer for anything the Knights throw at them.

Magic vs Hoods - Can I just start off by saying, how good are the Magic going in Champs?! This is why I picked them for top 8 before the season started, they have a team that can push anyone on their day, only really being let down in the forward line. The Hoods haven't had their best year, but their last 3 weeks have been pretty good, and would consider themselves a chance this week. However, the Magic with HGA should get the job done.

#Badgers #Owls #Nixon4President

GoLions

Bradford Badgers

DEF: Matthew Boyd, Shannon Hurn, Jarrod Harbrow, Billy Stretch
MID: Trent Cotchin (C), Luke Shuey (EVC), Pearce Hanley, Nick Dal Santo
RUCK: Daniel Currie
FWD: Tom J Lynch (VC), Adam Cooney, Sir Daniel of Caleb, Mark LeCras
UTIL: Tom Cutler, Jesse Lonergan

EMG: Daniel Howe, Jayden Short, Oleg Markov, Jayden Hunt

Don't think Currie is gonna play though, so will probably get an OOP ruck (cause Grimley is worse than OOP) :'(

iZander

Hastings Hurricanes

D: Rory Laird, Jasper Pittard, Zac Williams, Steven May
M: Joel Selwood (C), David Armitage, Ben Cunnington, Nathan Jones (VC)
R: Shane Mumford
F: Daniel Wells (EVC), Shane Edwards, Craig Bird, Brandon Matera
I: Jack Newnes, Stephen Hill

E: Ryan Bastinac, Jake Stringer, Luke Brown, Rory Lobb

Rusty00

Just when we thought we were getting some troops back...

Ibbotson - out
Menzel - out
Clarke - out
Sicily - out
Toby - emergency
Buntine - emergency

It really is going to be last man standing against the Badgers :-\

GoLions

Quote from: GoLions on August 11, 2016, 01:21:52 PM
Bradford Badgers

DEF: Matthew Boyd, Shannon Hurn, Jarrod Harbrow, Billy Stretch
MID: Trent Cotchin (C), Luke Shuey (EVC), Pearce Hanley, Nick Dal Santo
RUCK: Daniel Currie Oleg Markov (OOP)
FWD: Tom J Lynch (VC), Adam Cooney, Sir Daniel of Caleb, Mark LeCras
UTIL: Tom Cutler, Jesse Lonergan Jayden Short

EMG: Jayden Hunt, Sam Butler, Tom Papley, Robin Nahas

Don't think Currie is gonna play though, so will probably get an OOP ruck (cause Grimley is worse than OOP) :'(
God damn flowering rucks :P

Lonergan still injured as well :-\

Ummm let's have Short as U2, and Oleg as OOP ruck. Emergency order now Hunt, Butler, Papley andddddddd I guess Nahas is playing?

iZander

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on August 11, 2016, 08:41:09 PM
All that carnage yet i have to come up against the owls :(
You're missing Bob and BJ, Owls missing Bundy and JOM (and could also possibly argue Griffin and Yarran).

Don't complain :P

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on August 11, 2016, 08:45:32 PM
You're missing Bob and BJ, Owls missing Bundy and JOM (and could also possibly argue Griffin and Yarran).

Difference is they are both in the same position and also basically missing Trengove this week as well so thats 3 of my defenders.

But i think you misunderstood my point, my comment wasnt really related to who im missing, it was more related to what the other two teams i could of played instead are missing....

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on August 11, 2016, 08:51:50 PM

Difference is they are both in the same position and also basically missing Trengove this week as well so thats 3 of my defenders.

But i think you misunderstood my point, my comment wasnt really related to who im missing, it was more related to what the other two teams i could of played instead are missing....
Yeah well you already played me haha

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on August 11, 2016, 09:18:01 PM
Quote from: iZander on August 11, 2016, 08:51:50 PM

Yeah well you already played me haha
Well, true :P

kilbluff1985

Dragons team named

Caddy
Suckling
Hall
Fantasia

some nice ins

Rocky C

GoLions

Kinda tempted to go Lynch C and hope he kicks 10 and scores 250 :P

Purple 77

A. Sure. Thing.

Quote from: GoLions on August 08, 2016, 12:29:54 AM
Hurricanes vs Owls - I really give the Owls a chance here, despite the Hurricanes having HGA and being undefeated all year.

Have they though?  ;)

Purple 77

Not gonna lie though, I was worried about the Hurricanes recently, because in all XVs history, the team that goes in finals undefeated ALWAYS loses the premiership. I kept sayin to iZander "you gotta lose one of your last H&A matches".

But he doesn't believe me, you see. He calls BS... inexperience  ::)

For a while there... Hastings premiership WASN'T a sure thing  :-X  :-\

But, having now been spanked by Daniel Talia in Champions League last week, they got the loss they need, so it is now officially again...

A SURE THING!

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 12, 2016, 10:40:24 AM
Not gonna lie though, I was worried about the Hurricanes recently, because in all XVs history, the team that goes in finals undefeated ALWAYS loses the premiership. I kept sayin to iZander "you gotta lose one of your last H&A matches".

But he doesn't believe me, you see. He calls BS... inexperience  ::)

For a while there... Hastings premiership WASN'T a sure thing  :-X  :-\

But, having now been spanked by Daniel Talia in Champions League last week, they got the loss they need, so it is now officially again...

A SURE THING!

Im actually really worried this week, i think GL predictions probably a good one :(