Started by GoLions, August 08, 2016, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Purple 77

GoLions

iZander

Rusty00

Wow that was a close game!

That's bad luck iZander, the Hurricanes were clearly the best team this year and you deserved to be in the GF :-\

Congrats Vin and good luck next week ;)

GoLions

Gonna wait until later tonight or tomorrow morning, just in case there are any final score adjustments.

But holy shower. Even Badgers and Werwolves only separated by 12 points on raw scores (as I haven't added extra 10 points from Markov OOP ruck). Awesome prelims! :D

Torpedo10

Quote from: GoLions on August 14, 2016, 08:27:34 PM
Gonna wait until later tonight or tomorrow morning, just in case there are any final score adjustments.

But holy shower. Even Badgers and Werwolves only separated by 12 points on raw scores (as I haven't added extra 10 points from Markov OOP ruck). Awesome prelims! :D
Dont you get Grimley's ruck score?

iZander

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 14, 2016, 08:24:28 PM
Wow that was a close game!

That's bad luck iZander, the Hurricanes were clearly the best team this year and you deserved to be in the GF :-\

Congrats Vin and good luck next week ;)
Cheers, cant whip out ur 3rd worse score of the year and expect to win a semi though :/

Rusty00

Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 14, 2016, 08:29:01 PM

He named Oleg as OOP ruck meaning he gets 59 instead of Grimley's 49

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 14, 2016, 08:31:56 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 14, 2016, 08:29:01 PM

He named Oleg as OOP ruck meaning he gets 59 instead of Grimley's 49
Yep^

Vinny

What a finish! Very unlucky boys, great game. I looked out the scores and thought Matera was the HGA for a second which would have made it a draw ahaha.

Cheers Rusty, you too mate. ;)

GoLions

FINAL SCORE ADJUSTMENTS:

- Hurricanes +69 for HGA
- Badgers +10 with Markov as OOP ruck, replacing Grimley as emg
- Werewolves +69 for HGA
- Knights +50 with Impey OOP fwd
- Dragons +70 for HGA
- Magic +66 for HGA

GoLions

GoLions

So, the Owls got over the Hurricanes in an absolute thriller! Can't us for much more from a preliminary final if you ask me! Have to feel for the 'Canes though, undefeated all year (in British, go away Purps :P), and get knocked out on the final hurdle before the Grand Final by the smallest of margins. I'm sure they'll be back here again in 2017 though!

Badgers and Werewolves was also quite close, but with an OOP ruck and Werewolves having HGA, it was always going to be a tough ask for the Badgers. Proud of the boys though, and looking forward to next year 8)

In the consolation finals, we had the Dragons and Magic both winning fairly comfortably, and will face off in the minors grand final.

But the big one will of course be the Grand Final clash between the Owls and the Werewolves! Going off the last few weeks, it's shaping up to be a great match! :D