Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017 season

Started by Spite, August 07, 2016, 06:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Hi guys, welcome back to another big year of FPL. Maybe Rusty will beat me this season, but I doubt it  :P

The code is:

21621-114782

However a lot of you will have been automatically entered from last season, so bring it on!

Good luck for season 2016/17!

nrich102

Couple of mates have convinced me to play, will enter my team and win ;)

Spite

Quote from: nrich102 on August 07, 2016, 06:59:09 PM

Literally 0% chance you play out the whole season. Don't think you realise how long it is  :P

fanTCfool

Rusty00

Quote from: Spite on August 07, 2016, 06:08:30 PM
Hi guys, welcome back to another big year of FPL. Maybe Rusty will beat me this season, but I doubt it  :P
Haha I was probably going to give this season a miss as like you said it's a long season and takes up a fair bit of time to stick it out and was trying to spend less time on fantasy sports.

You may have just given me a reason to play again though to try and beat you ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: fanTCfool on August 07, 2016, 08:05:38 PM
Is this the one run by Virtual Sports?
Nah the one on the premier league website :)

I haven't played for two seasons now and was considering playing for this season, such a tough decision I know I won't stick it out though ahhhhhhh.... Will make up my mind over the week lol

nrich102

Quote from: Spite on August 07, 2016, 07:43:00 PM

Literally 0% chance you play out the whole season. Don't think you realise how long it is  :P
I've played the last few seasons and have got progressively further into the season each time. The season goes for like 9 months, yeah?

Spite

Quote from: nrich102 on August 08, 2016, 08:11:04 AM
Quote from: Spite on August 07, 2016, 07:43:00 PM

I've played the last few seasons and have got progressively further into the season each time. The season goes for like 9 months, yeah?

Yep haha

elephants

I'm in for my standard 4 weeks then bail for the next 34

PowerBug

Alrighty Gunited is in :D Bit like ele though I will probably forget after 4 weeks :P

Spite

Quote from: elephants on August 08, 2016, 04:33:29 PM

Think you were winning before you bailed as well, pretty strange way to go about it!!

Some good team name puns I have seen...

"Holding Matip"

"Ayew Holding Matip"
  ;D  ;D  ;D

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 07, 2016, 09:20:46 PM
Quote from: Spite on August 07, 2016, 06:08:30 PM
Haha I was probably going to give this season a miss as like you said it's a long season and takes up a fair bit of time to stick it out and was trying to spend less time on fantasy sports.

You may have just given me a reason to play again though to try and beat you ;)

Haha won't be disappointed if you choose not to play, just remember that you never could beat me though  ;D  :P

nrich102

I'll be the first person to post their team.

So how far off track am I? From what I take from the scoring, wingers generally score better than those in the middle? I feel like I'm spending too much on the forwards at the cost of he mids, with the kids really falling away after Hazard/Payet.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

PowerBug

I'm outta the loop with EPL knowledge but from looking at the prices there's not much worth spending on in the mids. I've gone with 3 huge strikers; Ibra, Sturridge and Aguero (May change Aguero though) and it kinda toils away from there. I'll look into the scouts articles during the week and see what I can find.

I think looking into projected finishes and early draws are important, there's no point in trying to find any more than 3 players that you can say you plan to hold for the entire season, the rest should be based on the draws in the first 5-10 MatchDays.

elephants

Quote from: Spite on August 08, 2016, 05:07:03 PM
Quote from: elephants on August 08, 2016, 04:33:29 PM

Think you were winning before you bailed as well, pretty strange way to go about it!!

Haha wow surely not :P

Nige

Might enter, keep up for as long as I can and inevitably forget and go ghost ship hahaha. Always happens!