AXV: TRADE PERIOD 1 DISCUSSION (2016/17)

Started by T Dog, August 03, 2016, 09:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iZander

Ok, JPK could be out the door, looking for youth, not afraid of picks either :P

iZander

Koop

Just putting it out there that quite a few coaches have shown interest in Heeney, he is movable, and I'd get in soon before I get something done.  ;D

Ricochet

Will take best pick offer for the following boys

L Hansen
W Hams
J Cunico
C Adamson
D Grimes
J Patful
T Pears

Or slight upgrade on our picks N15, N31, NN47 etc
or interested in rookie picks also

Koop

Just updating to say that Isaac Heeney is now unmovable after some thought & negotiations. A few players have switched categories too.

Koop

On chat for the rest of the day, looking to get a deal finally done! Come trade with me, I don't bite. ;)

Have plenty of forward depth

iZander

So trade period seems a big quite around here, belows a list of players im open to hear offers for. Looking for youth and dont mind draft picks in any offers. Danger isnt untouchable, having said that hes very hard to get, if i do trade him itll be for a combo of very nice youth though. Also, as koop said above, i too will be in chat alot of the day, ive put the link below

http://www.everywherechat.com/chatnow.php?defaultRoom=FF_Elite_Chat

Tom Langdon - 22yo, injuries hampered this year but 103 average last year
Harry Taylor - Contracted for 2 more years, last 3 years, 84, 96, 90
Dane Rampe - Dont really want to get rid of him but hes attracting alot of interest so could go for the right offer
Easton Wood - had a poorer year than last averaging 88, coming off 95 last year
Mark Baguely - averaged 103 this year
JPK - This is the big dog that will probably move this trade period, 140 this year, 155ish over the second half of the year, hardly ever misses and is very consistent
Mitch Duncan - Another bigger guy who could move this trade period. Averaged 124 this year, is 25 coming into his prime.
Tippppppaaaaaa - 87 average, will have fwd/def status too, which is handy
Tyrone Vickery - mmmm where will Tyrone go? Can the hawks turn his career around?
Liam Duggen - Previous draft pick N6, got alot of potential

Others not mentioned might be able to be moved as well.

fanTCfool

Looking to depart with depth down back in exchange for equivalent midfield depth. Let me know, on chat now or PMs are always fine.

fanTCfool

A bit of interest around Hamish Hartlett, will likely have defender status next year and possibly be at a new AFL club.
He dropped 20ppg this season and still averaged 103. A fresh start and he could quite easily resume at the peak of his powers.
If interested let me know via PM, most interested in a forward. M/F ideal.

Koop

Will be on chat for the rest of the afternoon if anyone would like to conjure a deal.

nostradamus

Quote from: nas on Today at 08:15:53 AM
Quote from: nostradamus on Today at 08:10:09 AM
Bangkok Crabs trade  M.Robinson + Mathieson + Nat 49

UAE Tigers trade  S.Martin + Nat 13

While we didn't want to lose Mathieson something good had to be offered up for nas to lose Martin. We need a ruck with Nicnat going down and nas needs mids, so this trade very much suits both teams' requirements. The combination of Matho + Robbo is worth more than Stef, so the exchange of picks is to even it up

nas to confirm

Robbo with a chance of retaining DPP & Matho helps the centres needed, & whilst losing Stef is unfortunate, mids are more of a concern.

Confirm.

Trade Rejected

UAE giving away too much for too little in return. After consultation Bangkok unwilling to give a little more.

Needless to say both sides were very disappointed that this trade was rejected.

The trade suited both teams' needs really well, which should be a factor.

While Martin is a good player, 6th highest averaging ruck @ 106, he is old and at 30 probably only has 3 seasons left (maybe slightly more maybe less) but 3 is a fair prediction.

Mathieson is 19, safe to say he has a good 10 years ahead of him (conservatively), this was his first season and he averaged a very good 93.8, this will only get better.

Robbo is Robbo, he is 27 and had a relatively poor year @ 111 ave, he has around 3 years left. With the change in coach at Brissy if he gets a role change he could easily go nuts like he did last year...........even if not he'll still be averaging similar to what he is now.

Age should be a serious consideration, but seems not to have been taken into account.

Player averages should be a consideration, but again seems not to have enough weight here.

On any scale Robbo + Mathieson is easily worth alot more than S.Martin.

Hence the pick upgrade.

Even after all of this the trade was weighted in the favour of UAE, yet it was still rejected.

We are genuinely confused.

Could there be some clarity around the decision making process in the deliberation of trades for the benefit of not just the 2 teams involved, but for the competition as a whole?

Jay

Personally, I feel like it was a good decision by JB. The massive pick upgrade seemed unnecessary.

nostradamus

Quote from: Jay on September 12, 2016, 06:33:22 PM
Personally, I feel like it was a good decision by JB. The massive pick upgrade seemed unnecessary.

Discussion is a good thing, can l ask if you then think Matho + Robbo for S.Martin given their ages and averages is even?

Would hardly call a 3rd round pick up to a 1st round pick as massive though.

iZander

Quote from: Jay on September 12, 2016, 06:33:22 PM
Great decision, was a little stunned when i saw the trade tbh

Adamant

Quote from: nostradamus on September 12, 2016, 06:22:50 PM
Age should be a serious consideration, but seems not to have been taken into account.

Player averages should be a consideration, but again seems not to have enough weight here.

Positions should be a serious consideration. Stef as a ruck is worth a lot more than Robbo as a mid.

You can find someone just as good as Mathieson with Pick 13.

iZander

Quote from: Adamant on September 12, 2016, 06:54:50 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on September 12, 2016, 06:22:50 PM

Positions should be a serious consideration. Stef as a ruck is worth a lot more than Robbo as a mid.

You can find someone just as good as Mathieson with Pick 13.

Stef contracted for 3 more years as well i think, which is plenty of time plus his this years average isnt really that fair and he was 138 last year i believe, which is pretty godly for a ruck in this comp considering they are all pretty bad.
Robbo an 110 mid isnt all that rare...