BXVs Rule Change Discussion Thread 2016/2017

Started by GoLions, July 26, 2016, 01:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Finally back in the land of the living and catching up on posts.

After having UF for this year and a few little hitches will be suggesting these possible changes.  Know that we know we have the ability to adjust scores as well this will assist with some changes if approved.

Do our own draw to incorporate a rivalry round.  This will also allow us to do HGA for the season. I believe we can then enter our won draw into UF.

With Partial lock out for Thursday night games it will be imperative for those rounds for teams to be named in the thread as UF does not allow for temporary change.

The 20% TOG seemed to work OK but do we need to tweek it at all?  Say do we need to say use utilities before emergencies. Rule at the moment is emergency in position is promoted. Also is 20% TOG fair. 

Rids

I would like to see a rivalry round. I believe you are correct and draws can be manually adjusted.

I dont mind with Partial Lockout tbh. Does this mean captains and vice captains will be locked as of Thursday or are we introducing a loophole?

20% TOG is fair imo. No need to use utilities in this scenario imo.

GoLions

Quote from: Rids on August 08, 2016, 02:45:25 PM
I would like to see a rivalry round. I believe you are correct and draws can be manually adjusted.

I dont mind with Partial Lockout tbh. Does this mean captains and vice captains will be locked as of Thursday or are we introducing a loophole?

20% TOG is fair imo. No need to use utilities in this scenario imo.
Yeah I'd also like to bring back the rivalry round :)
Would also mean everyone plays an even amount of home and away games (I'd like to have hga back of course)

Wouldn't be allowing loopholes, captains and vice captains would be locked unless not named in final teams (and if you obviously choose someone who is no chance of playing initially, then there would be some sort of penalty most likely).

Yeah 20% has been fine this year I reckon. Hedgies needed it this week, and if they were the home team, not having this rule would have cost them a preliminary final, and it would be a really shower way to get knocked out imo.

GoLions

Anything else people would like brought up? Ideally, we'd want rules finalized before trading opens, in case it impacts what type of trades people may want to make.

Rusty00

I proposed that when all my players are inevitably injured for the finals again next season that I should receive their average, their highest score for the year, their highest score for their career or a score by other means sufficiently high enough to ensure I win.

Ringo

Just another one I will throw out for discussion

At the moment we lock players positions as at Rd 1 in UF.

As we know UF review and change positions during the season so basiaclly should we allow the change of position when UF do or keep locked as at Rd 1.  No real position either way so just putting it out for discussion and to see whether we need to vote.

iZander

Quote from: Ringo on September 05, 2016, 10:44:36 AM

As we know UF review and change positions during the season so basiaclly should we allow the change of position when UF do or keep locked as at Rd 1.  No real position either way so just putting it out for discussion and to see whether we need to vote.
Personally i like it locked in round 1 :)

Nige

Personally I don't really mind. Probably better off locking it in Round 1 though.

SydneyRox

I dont mind the idea of following with the UF side of things, make for a unique point to the comp

nas

Quote from: iZander on September 05, 2016, 10:46:38 AM
Quote from: Ringo on September 05, 2016, 10:44:36 AM

Personally i like it locked in round 1 :)

50/50 on this. Could come in handy if during the season & cop a lot of outs / injuries.

JBs-Hawks

LF

GoLions

If we were to go with UF changes all season, it would be for this reason:
Quote from: SydneyRox on September 05, 2016, 11:02:46 AM
I dont mind the idea of following with the UF side of things, make for a unique point to the comp

I don't know if I would want to do it just to help with covering injuries and all that (as nas suggested), because I think that's what the trade period is for (either getting solid depth on all lines, or sacrificing it for a better team on field and taking the risk on injuries).

However, I think I'd prefer to lock from the start.

nostradamus

I actually wouldn't mind us following UF positions as they change during the season.

The reason being is for players who are played in different positions and suffer a subsequent points loss because of it. Say for example you have a high scoring mid, but due to club team needs he's played off a fwd flank and suffers lower output because of it ......... it'd be nice to be able to play him as a fwd once positions were altered, therefore gaining some benefit from what would otherwise be a bad situation.

As always though, more than happy to go with the concensus.