BXVs Rule Change Discussion Thread 2016/2017

Started by GoLions, July 26, 2016, 01:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Figured I should create this thread, in case there's anything people want to discuss, whether it be changing a current rule, removing a rule, or adding something new to the competition :)

Currently, there are a few items that may need to be discussed:

- Do we want HGA next season? It's very easy for myself and Ringo to make final adjustments to scores at the end of the year, so that is not an issue. If we were to implement this, we would likely take the same path that AXVs has implemented, and add 3% of your total score as your HGA.

- The sub rule. Are people happy with how it is currently implemented? Do people prefer the old sub rule, where your nominated sub replaces your lowest scoring player? Do people want it scrapped altogether?

- Posting of teams. There have been a few occasions this year where not posting a team has caused a few issues for some teams. Having people post their full teams (or alternatively, like what some coaches have done this year and at least say that their UF team is accurate), allows Ringo and I to make sure that coaches are active, and also with UF sometimes being a bit buggy, can give coaches proof that they were meant to have made a certain change to their team. This may be a change that we decide to introduce no matter what though, as the activity of some coaches has dropped dramatically this season.

- Lockouts. Do people prefer the Thursday full lockouts? This sort of ties into the previous point, where if people had to post their team on FF as well, then this can be done easily. When final teams for Sunday teams aren't named until Friday afternoon/evening, it can be unfair for those that have players in their Best XV left out of their respective AFL side after we're already in full lockout, and it seems as though the AFL are playing more Thursday night games this season. As mentioned earlier, it is easy for us to make any changes to final results if we do have a partial lockout on Thursday night games. I will add though, we will not allow loopholing, so there will be rules in place to make sure of this if people do wish to have a partial lockout for Thursday games.

- Trade movements. Did anyone have any issues with how trading was done last year? At the moment, trading a draft pick, or on-trading someone you brought into your team, will not cost you any trade movements (we have 15 at the moment). Would people like no limit, a smaller amount of allowable movements, change what constitutes a movement, or simply keep as is?

Please feel free to give your own input guys! And please, don't attack anyone who has a different opinion than your own (how fun was last year? :P).

Other items brought up:
- Rivalry Round
- Delistings (before/after AFL draft, etc.)

iZander

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on July 26, 2016, 01:36:36 PM
Get rid of trade limit? :D
Ah yes, trade movements was another I was meant to bring up!

LF

Keep trade limit the comp is becoming fairly even now and allowing a free for all could affect that.
Yeah partial lockout again for Thursday nights would be great.
Still not a fan of any sub rule.
HGA would be nice to have it again especially if we are still having HGA for finals after not having all season,it just makes sense to have it the whole year.
Would also like the rivalry rounds to be back if possible.

Nige

Quote from: LF on July 26, 2016, 03:17:53 PM
Keep trade limit the comp is becoming fairly even now and allowing a free for all could affect that.
HGA would be nice to have it again especially if we are still having HGA for finals after not having all season,it just makes sense to have it the whole year.
Agreed on all points.

iZander

I disagree, whats the main purpose of this comp? Fun? i assume anyway. Its meant to be fun. I cant speak for all but personally trade period is the most fun time of the year (ive heard others say it). So why put a limit on fun?

As for the the comp being fairly even atm. I believe lifting a 15 trade cap would not change that much at all? What helps that is the fact that Ringo accesses whether the trade is fair or not. Which would still be in place i believe :)

iZander

LF

Quote from: iZander on July 26, 2016, 03:50:54 PM

I disagree, whats the main purpose of this comp? Fun? i assume anyway. Its meant to be fun. I cant speak for all but personally trade period is the most fun time of the year (ive heard others say it). So why put a limit on fun?

As for the the comp being fairy even atm. I believe lifting a 15 trade cap would change that much at all? What helps that is the fact that Ringo accesses whether the trade is fair or not. Which would still be in place i believe :)

iZander

Take a good look at the comps with trade limits and compare it to comps with none and you'll see why we need to keep it

Rids

In regards to the posting of teams, maybe we should just do it on UF for now on and not worry about posting here as well. I find it saves a few minutes which is handy when we have multiple keeper teams to sort out (as many of us do).

Just the order of emerg and captains, vice captains and EXV should suffice.

I think we must keep the trade limit. The competition is levelling up nicely and will be very tight next year.

iZander

Quote from: Rids on July 26, 2016, 03:53:54 PM
In regards to the posting of teams, maybe we should just do it on UF for now on and not worry about posting here as well. I find it saves a few minutes which is handy when we have multiple keeper teams to sort out (as many of us do).

I think we must keep the trade limit. The competition is levelling up nicely and will be very tight next year.
Just on this point, if we make it on UF only (which is fine) i think we should have the option to name it here incase UF screws up. But if someone were to choose not to name it here and UF 'screws up' then theyd just cop the error as we would have no way of knowing what they really did?

GoLions

As I said, posting that your team is the same as what is in UF is fine. Mainly, we want to encourage active coaches, and also have something to go off when someone complains that they were meant to make a certain change, or if there are allegations of tanking, or anything like that.

So you don't need to post every player or anything like that. E.g. "Team same as UF, emergency order is same, Prestia EVC" would suffice. But a lot of teams don't post anything or maybe post here once a month, and that's a bit disappointing as assistant admin :-\

Rids

Quote from: iZander on July 26, 2016, 03:56:48 PM

Just on this point, if we make it on UF only (which is fine) i think we should have the option to name it here incase UF screws up. But if someone were to choose not to name it here and UF 'screws up' then theyd just cop the error as we would have no way of knowing what they really did?

I spose we could just add the team as a pic if people are worried about UF screwing up

iZander

Quote from: Rids on July 26, 2016, 04:15:56 PM
Quote from: iZander on July 26, 2016, 03:56:48 PM

I spose we could just add the team as a pic if people are worried about UF screwing up
Yeah, we just need some way to confirm teams tbh as there has already been a few cases this year when someone has had trouble with UF and if they dont post on FF then we cant really know if they did those changes or if they didnt :P

Rids

I have no concerns with believing people and what they say. Nostra is the same as me. We took Torp on his word and were more than fine for him to have those changes.

People just need to use common sense tbh when it comes to mistakes or glitches.

iZander

Quote from: Rids on July 26, 2016, 04:58:55 PM
I have no concerns with believing people and what they say. Nostra is the same as me. We took Torp on his word and were more than fine for him to have those changes.

People just need to use common sense tbh when it comes to mistakes or glitches.

Yeah you're probably right, if we really want to save time we could just not post teams at all and people can just use common sense to work out the best 15.

In other words, obviously most cases are obvious. For example, if someone were to put Ben Kaeys as captain. Obviously a mistake, with a clear other options of Zaha.....but the thing is there could be a less obvious case and i just think its good to have some structure to avoid the doubt and what not. If a team is posted on FF its unlikely to have a mistake in it compared to posting it on UF :)

Spite

Quote from: Nige on July 26, 2016, 03:24:40 PM
Agreed on all points.

Agree with all points except I like the 20% tog rule. Getting Sinclair's 0 because he played 1 minute of the match would have been super annoying. I know sh*t happens and sometimes you cop it, but I mean if we can avoid it why not?

Agree with this also