Official Trade Thread 2016/17

Started by Jukes, July 25, 2016, 09:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

This is not a trade, but rather a very small error in the Trade List,

58. Boston trade: J.Wagner and RD Pick 24
Quito trade: E.Hughes and NAT Picks 28 and 38

The traded pick from Quito was NAT 39, not NAT 38  :)

Nige

Quote from: nas on November 22, 2016, 08:15:46 PM
Panthers Give: RD #51
Ottawa Give: Jack Neade.

Ottawa was delisting Jack so with Panthers long list of delistings, giving away a pick that Ottawa may use. Youth Depth.

Nige to confirm
Confirmed. Was delisting Neade and R51 is a one pick upgrade on what should be the final pick to complete my list for next season.

Big Mac

Chicago trade: Joel Selwood + Shane Kersten + RD 55
Boston trade: Mitch Wallis + Shannon Hurn + Josh Schache

Huge trade here with Chicago losing probably its best player, but Luke Parker looks set to take up that mantle quite comfortably. In return is a much younger Mitch Wallis, who averaged 103 unsubbed in 2015, Shannon Hurn, who should slot right in Michael Johnson's spot while he's off assaulting people, and the talented Josh Schache, who should only keep getting better.

ele to confirm

elephants

Confirmed

Jelwood is elite, my midfield is probably my weakest line so adding Jelwood is massive. Kersten should be better at Freo and I'll probably end up using R55 with all my retirements.

Wallis is a loss, as I certainly see him as an excellent young SC prospect being sold cut price due to injury. Hurn a walkup starter in most teams in the league, Chicago included while Scache is a former pick 2 and will be the focal point of the Lions attack for the next decade.

I feel like I'm giving up a lot here for a 29 yr old mid but Jelwood is an elite scorer and the final piece to my premiership puzzle ;)

Big Mac

Quote from: Big  Mac on November 28, 2016, 11:46:29 PM

Huge trade here with Chicago losing probably its best player, but Luke Parker looks set to take up that mantle quite comfortably. In return is a much younger Mitch Wallis, who averaged 103 unsubbed in 2015, Shannon Hurn, who should slot right in Michael Johnson's spot while he's off assaulting people, and the talented Josh Schache, who should only keep getting better.

ele to confirm

Small amendment, that should be RD 45, not 55.

elephants

Quote from: Big  Mac on November 29, 2016, 01:40:31 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on November 28, 2016, 11:46:29 PM

ele to confirm

Small amendment, that should be RD 45, not 55.

Confirmed

Koop

Colorado give: Jack Redden + Matt Buntine + Rook 18

Boston give: Hugh Goddard + Taylor Garner + Rook 15

Reasoning - Might seem onesided on first glance but desperately after scoring depth at either end of the ground, but especially forward.  Garner averaged 77 uninjured this year and both are young, promising players firmly in their teams best 22 when fit. Redden playing awful role at WCE & Buntine back in the queue now @ GWS. Also gets me closer to the man I want in the Rookie.

Ele to confirm.

elephants

Quote from: Koop on December 05, 2016, 01:12:03 PM

Reasoning - Might seem onesided on first glance but desperately after scoring depth at either end of the ground, but especially forward.  Garner averaged 77 uninjured this year and both are young, promising players firmly in their teams best 22 when fit. Redden playing awful role at WCE & Buntine back in the queue now @ GWS. Also gets me closer to the man I want in the Rookie.

Ele to confirm.

Yeah Koop summed it up well, two high potential players at either end for a fallen quality mid in Redden. Happy to take the punt here, even though I have very high expectations on the scoring potential of both Garner and Goddard as they develop!

Confirmed.

If anyone needs mids hit me :P

Jukes

Quote from: elephants on December 05, 2016, 01:21:17 PM

Ele to confirm.

Yeah Koop summed it up well, two high potential players at either end for a fallen quality mid in Redden. Happy to take the punt here, even though I have very high expectations on the scoring potential of both Garner and Goddard as they develop!

Confirmed.

Few problems with this trade lads -

1. RD Pick 18 belongs to Houston
2. RD Pick 15 belongs to Colorado

So basically you're stealing RD 18 from Houston and Colorado gets their second copy of RD 15  :P

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on December 05, 2016, 08:30:08 PM
Quote from: elephants on December 05, 2016, 01:21:17 PM

Ele to confirm.

Confirmed.

Few problems with this trade lads -

1. RD Pick 18 belongs to Houston
2. RD Pick 15 belongs to Colorado

So basically you're stealing RD 18 from Houston and Colorado gets their second copy of RD 15  :P

Haha oh man I assumed they'd be fine with it. We'll amend it shortly ;D

Koop

Yeah my error. Still getting used to the teams & who owns what team, etc.

Boston give: Hugh Goddard + Taylor Garner + Rook 36

Colorado give: Jack Redden + Matt Buntine + Rook 51

ele to confirm, apologies.

elephants

Quote from: Koop on December 05, 2016, 09:05:15 PM
Yeah my error. Still getting used to the teams & who owns what team, etc.

Boston give: Hugh Goddard + Taylor Garner + Rook 36

Colorado give: Jack Redden + Matt Buntine + Rook 51

ele to confirm, apologies.

Confirmed. I'm too happy with my JT pick to even consider putting him in the deal haha, so this works well.

elephants

Boston Give: Seb Ross + Daniel Rich
Quito Gives: Bryce Gibbs + Martin Gleeson

FTC to confirm

fanTCfool

Quote from: elephants on February 06, 2017, 09:49:01 PM
Boston Give: Seb Ross + Daniel Rich
Quito Gives: Bryce Gibbs + Martin Gleeson

FTC to confirm

Confirmed.

A very difficult trade to make, but Quito is trying to find the right balance for a sustained move up the ladder, staying competitive now while setting good groundwork to be a contender down the track.

Gibbs was our current captain, but I am hopeful that Ross can continue to improve and become another option for the C.
Ross also has a large age gap on Gibbs, and I believe that Ross will still be at his peak when our younger guys like McCluggage, Hopper, Dunkley etc. are also arriving at that top level.

We've lost quite a bit of experience in the midfield this off-season, so it was important to add another starter in Rich, who can hopefully become a fantasy defender again some stage down the track.

This trade sets us up nicely looking forward, but ensures we are no pushover for the time being, with the extra midfielder in Rich having a big impact on who slides into the last midfield and utility spots.