XVs CL 2016 - Knockout Round of 16 (Rd 19) Dicussion thread

Started by PowerBug, July 25, 2016, 08:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Matchups

KO1KO2KO3KO4KO5KO6KO7KO8
Australian AlesUAE TigersBradford BadgersSwansea BreakersIceland Polar BearsHastings HurricanesSpanish StallionsBelgian Bashers
TeamTeamTeamTeamTeamTeamTeamTeam

There's all the group winners in their spots. First up, who will the Ales play? The options are listed below and there's a lot of them :)

Australia Ales: PNL Reindeers, Berlin Brewers, English Lions, Machester Magic, Serbian Eagles, Huddersfield Hawks, Liverpool Rams

PowerBug

Matchups

KO1KO2KO3KO4KO5KO6KO7KO8
Australian AlesUAE TigersBradford BadgersSwansea BreakersIceland Polar BearsHastings HurricanesSpanish StallionsBelgian Bashers
PNL ReindeersTeamTeamTeamTeamTeamTeamTeam

It's the Reindeers! A big test for HPs gang coming up against the quality Australian outfit. Who wants to go next? Too bad no choices it's the UAE Tigers up next. A list of their potential opponent below

UAE Tigers: Berlin Brewers, English Lions, Machester Magic, Serbian Eagles, Huddersfield Hawks, Mexico City Suns

PowerBug

Matchups

KO1KO2KO3KO4KO5KO6KO7KO8
PNL ReindeersBerlin BrewersTeamTeamTeamTeamTeamTeam

Wow! So it's two AXV vs WXV matchups in the first week. I was hoping to avoid that it'll make the rest of the draw go very quickly now. I could say I saw this coming how somehow in all 3 of my simulations UAE drew a WXV side, happened again in the actual thing as well!! Here's where we sit on the who can play who for the remaining teams. Once any of these rows goes down to one team then it's automatically filled into that spot.

Bradford Badgers: English Lions, Serbian Eagles, Mexico City Suns
Spanish Stallions: Manchester Magic, Huddersfield Hawks, Liverpool Rams, Mexico City Suns
Swansea Breakers: Serbian Eagles, Mexico City Suns
Belgian Bashers: Huddersfield Hawks, Liverpool Rams, Mexico City Suns
Hastings Hurricanes: English Lions, Mexico City Suns
Iceland Polar Bears: Machester Magic, Liverpool Rams, Mexico City Suns

English Lions: Bradford Badgers, Hastings Hurricanes
Manchester Magic: Spanish Stallions, Iceland Polar Bears
Serbian Eagles: Bradford Badgers, Swansea Breakers
Huddersfield Hawks: Spanish Stallions, Belgian Bashers
Liverpool Rams: Spanish Stallions, Belgian Bashers, Iceland Polar Bears
Mexico City Suns: Bradford Badgers, Spanish Stallions, Swansea Breakers, Belgian Bashers, Hastings Hurricanes, Iceland Polar Bears

Next up, The Group A winners, Bradford Badgers

GoLions

iZander

haha i guess there will be no Brewers v Hurricanes then :P

GoLions

GoLions

iZander

PowerBug

Matchups

KO1KO2KO3KO4KO5KO6KO7KO8
PNL ReindeersBerlin BrewersSerbian EaglesTeamTeamTeamTeamTeam

You could call this the short straw, or maybe it's lucky for the Badgers. Knock out the Eagles this week and they won't have to worry about getting them next week! For the Eagles they'll be happy to have avoided the big two AXV sides but this will be no pushover

Spanish Stallions: Manchester Magic, Huddersfield Hawks, Liverpool Rams, Mexico City Suns
Swansea Breakers: Mexico City Suns
Belgian Bashers: Huddersfield Hawks, Liverpool Rams, Mexico City Suns
Hastings Hurricanes: English Lions, Mexico City Suns
Iceland Polar Bears: Machester Magic, Liverpool Rams, Mexico City Suns

English Lions: Hastings Hurricanes
Mexico City Suns: Spanish Stallions, Swansea Breakers, Belgian Bashers, Hastings Hurricanes, Iceland Polar Bears

PowerBug

oh Dave you didn't just post that *doh*

Unlucky mate, I honestly drew and almost finished my write-up before stopping to see what was posted :P

GoLions

Oh showersnacks :-\

Can someone lend me replacements for Boyd, Prestia, Rischitelli, Higgins, and Barlow?

PowerBug

Okay so the above means there's a few forced matchups to slot in. Swansea Breakers will play Mexico City Suns, and the English Lions will play the Hastings Hurricanes

Matchups

KO1KO2KO3KO4KO5KO6KO7KO8
PNL ReindeersBerlin BrewersSerbian EaglesMexico City SunsTeamEnglish LionsTeamTeam

Iceland's opposition is next up

Spanish Stallions: Manchester Magic, Huddersfield Hawks, Liverpool Rams
Belgian Bashers: Huddersfield Hawks, Liverpool Rams
Iceland Polar Bears: Machester Magic, Liverpool Rams

Purple 77

Quote from: iZander on July 28, 2016, 09:06:08 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on July 28, 2016, 09:03:44 PM
Oh yeah, and if anyone is watching do comment that way I feel like I am not doing this spaced out for no reason :P

Im here, fingers crossed the Hurricanes dont draw the Brewers :P

I resent that emoticon

And you're damn lucky you didn't draw me  ;)

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 28, 2016, 09:30:23 PM
Quote from: iZander on July 28, 2016, 09:06:08 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on July 28, 2016, 09:03:44 PM
Oh yeah, and if anyone is watching do comment that way I feel like I am not doing this spaced out for no reason :P

Im here, fingers crossed the Hurricanes dont draw the Brewers :P

I resent that emoticon

And you're damn lucky you didn't draw me  ;)
haha well Brewers have been in decent form laterly :P

PowerBug

Iceland draw the Rams which forces the last two matchups to be the Stallions vs Magic and Hawks vs Bashers

Matchups

KO1KO2KO3KO4KO5KO6KO7KO8
PNL ReindeersBerlin BrewersSerbian EaglesMexico City SunsLiverpool RamsEnglish LionsManchester MagicHuddersfield Hawks

Ta Da!! I am relieved that ran smoothly in the end and we didn't reach a problem :P One day I will be good enough to code it all and run simulations to be able to provide you with the % chance each team has of drawing another (As it's not as straightforward as it may seem) which would make things even cooler (Technically I should know how to do that now but I don't pay attention at uni :P)