2016/2017 NFL Fantasy Football League

Started by Mat0369, July 22, 2016, 09:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

PowerBug

I really liked last years decoding system.

that involved:
TDs 6 points (all types)
Picks, fumbles
0.1 points per rushing/receiving yard
0.025 per passing yard
No bonuses of any kind
full point PPR

Idk I think this one is too weird the sinplicitiy of the other one (no bonuses, TDs worth full value) made it good.

Mat0369

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on August 05, 2016, 11:30:12 PM
So is OP offensive player?

Yup, so it's essentially a 2 QB league.

Quote from: PowerBug on August 06, 2016, 01:14:28 AM
I really liked last years decoding system.

that involved:
TDs 6 points (all types)
Picks, fumbles
0.1 points per rushing/receiving yard
0.025 per passing yard
No bonuses of any kind
full point PPR

Idk I think this one is too weird the sinplicitiy of the other one (no bonuses, TDs worth full value) made it good.

The scoring set up will stay the same in our 12 team snake which you posted. The format for that league works well and we'll keep it that way.

I used to play in a league with bonuses which made it interesting because you see guys like DJax increase in value and it was fun. Because of the non-traditional draft and roster format I think the unique scoring suits the league although there is an initial adjustment period in knowing who suits the scoring. I did it for the first time last year and it was fun. It's just another 10 team league we can also run for those interested in the format. It also has to be an offline draft so if we get enough interest I'll create separate league and draft threads to not clutter this one.

Mat0369

I just reactivated the league from last year and have removed the owners that haven't responded yet. If any of you guys are still interested in playing let me know and I'll re-invite you to the league. Gandalf could you also please PM me your email.

PowerBug

Tolbert's Big Guts are ready for action!

Mat0369

Once the league is filled out I'll do the draft order.

BratPack

Mat0369

Mat0369

2 spots left in the 12 team league. Everyone listed in the OP has joined up. Once it is full I'll generate the draft order.

I'll also float the idea of the team league for another week. If you have interest let me know since there is just two of us at the minute.

plumdog millionaire

If struggling for numbers I can get a mate to join in. I assume you want to prioritise people on FF Mat, just offering in case we need one more.

Capper

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 05, 2016, 08:52:48 PM
So it is a roster size of 31, 11 starters and 20 on the bench. The starting spots look like this.

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
Flex
Flex
OP
D/ST
K

The scoring system is like this but can be up for debate, I remember it was a little weird in some aspects but I'm happy to keep it as is.

Our league from last year will be the exact same set up. The only difference will be commish rules on all trades, I will be happy to hear why stuff will be vetoed but my say will be final. I am happy to have 2 'deputy commissioners' that way if I am involved in a trade there is an unbiased party but we can decide that later.
If we have an OP why not get a defensive player as well in the squad?

Is there a reason why we need a 20 man bench each?

Mat0369

Quote from: plumdog millionaire on August 10, 2016, 12:12:24 PM
If struggling for numbers I can get a mate to join in. I assume you want to prioritise people on FF Mat, just offering in case we need one more.

I reckon for the 12 player league we should be sweet. I'm not to worried about filling that one at all. If it comes to it we can get some fill ins.

Quote from: Capper on August 10, 2016, 01:14:23 PM
If we have an OP why not get a defensive player as well in the squad?

Is there a reason why we need a 20 man bench each?

I have just copied and pasted the settings from the league I was in last year. I personally have never been a fan of IDP's, the OP slot is basically to make it a 2 QB league.

The reason the roster is so big is because you're drafting 3 entire teams to go with one single player. So for example if you drafted the Cowboys you would get Romo, Elliot, Morris, DMC, Witten, Dez, Williams, Beasley and Bailey. So you essentially need the extra bench spots to stash your handcuffs for each team since the waiver wire/FA will be quite thin. You might even look at taking a back up QB in some situations if your starter is injury prone and the back up QB is a solid spot starter.

Jay

Are we far away from getting a draft order, Mat?

Mat0369

Sorry guys, I have been busy/sick this week so I haven't really been on to check. I got one of the guys from work to join but we still need one more owner before I can get a draft order going. I would have preferred to keep it to everyone on the board but that wasn't looking likely. I'll give it until Sunday night to get one more person of interest, if we don't have one we can get plumdogs brother if he is still interested.

The secondary league looks like a no go since we only had two interested.

Jay

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 20, 2016, 01:28:08 AM
Sorry guys, I have been busy/sick this week so I haven't really been on to check. I got one of the guys from work to join but we still need one more owner before I can get a draft order going. I would have preferred to keep it to everyone on the board but that wasn't looking likely. I'll give it until Sunday night to get one more person of interest, if we don't have one we can get plumdogs brother if he is still interested.

The secondary league looks like a no go since we only had two interested.
We could just do 10 team?