British XV Round 15 (AFL Rd 18) Team and OOP Lodgements and Banter Discussion

Started by GoLions, July 18, 2016, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Wow, what an interesting week last round was! The Bunnies managed to get on top of an injury-riddled Badgers team, and the Giants took away the Steins' last chance of making finals! So, what does this mean in regards to finals? The Bunnies are now the only team that can break into the 8, and would be considered a decent chance coming up against the Hoods this week (who they would have just beaten last week). Realistically, the only team that can drop out is the Breakers, but they would have to lose by a decent margin, and the Bunnies would need a decent win as well.

In the top 4, we have the Owls and the Badgers fighting for 3rd. The Badgers shouldn't lose enough % to drop out of the 4 even if they do lose and the Hawks win by a big margin, but the Owls can drop out if they can't get the job done.

The Werewolves just need to knock off the Leeches this week to secure 2nd spot on the ladder and a home final, but it won't be easy, and with a very similar % to the Badgers, won't want to lose this one.

The Hurricanes are one game away from completing a perfect season. I don't think anyone could have predicted this, and you would expect them to win comfortably against the Steins.

The Hawks will want a big win against the Knights, with their top 4 hopes still alive.

The Breakers and the Hedgies will be battling for a home elimination final, but the Breakers will be under a lot more pressure with the Bunnies making a late push for their spot in the 8.

Outside of the 8, we have the Rams and Dragons facing off against each other, both still a chance of finishing 9th and hoping for a saga of some sort to see them into the 8.

The Hoods play the Bunnies, with the Bunnies still a small chance of making finals, even though they have been the 2nd lowest scoring team!

Finally, the Giants and the Magic will go head to head, with the Magic leaving their dash for finals just too little, too late. They have been very good recently though and would be favoured for the win.

Fixture:

JBs-Hawks

Rusty00

(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 15

Drew Petrie (Hastings) 50 games
Tom T Lynch (Nottingham) 50 games

iZander

Pkbaldy

Quote from: iZander on July 19, 2016, 10:04:45 AM
so whats the hga in finals? lowest score?

Probably half of lowest score. HGA's of 100+ is way too much.

GoLions

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 19, 2016, 10:32:51 AM

Not sure yet. With players scoring larger scores, that generally means larger winning/losing margins. May end up going to a vote.

Could also use the same idea as AXVs, and take a certain % of your score as HGA, so if it was 5% and you score 2000, then your HGA is 100, and upon reflection we would probably make it a bit less than 5% if that was the case.

Nige

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on July 19, 2016, 11:31:36 AM

Not sure yet. With players scoring larger scores, that generally means larger winning/losing margins. May end up going to a vote.

Could also use the same idea as AXVs, and take a certain % of your score as HGA, so if it was 5% and you score 2000, then your HGA is 100, and upon reflection we would probably make it a bit less than 5% if that was the case.
5% would generally be more than lowest score?

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on July 19, 2016, 11:45:27 AM
Quote from: GoLions on July 19, 2016, 11:31:36 AM

5% would generally be more than lowest score?
Hence why I said we'd make it less :P

Rids

Once again Grope Lane written off in the write up!

If we win this week we would have doubled our wins for 2015 and this has been with some seriously bad luck with injuries and with no depth. We almost caused the upset of the competition when we were close to knocking off the undefeated top team. Really happy with the progress so far and think we are more than capable of doubling this years wins next year! Rebuild shaping brilliantly.

GoLions

Quote from: Rids on July 19, 2016, 11:47:11 AM
"Magic favoured for the win" isn't writing you guys off, they're just as capable of going huge as they are of doing flower all :P

Rids

Quote from: GoLions on July 19, 2016, 11:49:22 AM
"Magic favoured for the win" isn't writing you guys off, they're just as capable of going huge as they are of doing flower all :P

Even the reply is about Magic and not Giants. Giants will win IF the Magic 'do flower all'.

It is fine. Soon enough we will get the credit for our wins.

GoLions

Quote from: Rids on July 19, 2016, 11:53:12 AM

Even the reply is about Magic and not Giants. Giants will win IF the Magic 'do flower all'.

I also didn't mention the Leeches, Steins, Knights, or Hoods in my OP because I haven't had much free time this week. Therefore I guess I have also written them off. Sorry guys.

Rids

Quote from: GoLions on July 19, 2016, 12:00:59 PM
Quote from: Rids on July 19, 2016, 11:53:12 AM

I also didn't mention the Leeches, Steins, Knights, or Hoods in my OP because I haven't had much free time this week. Therefore I guess I have also written them off. Sorry guys.

I dont mind about those. I am the coach of the Giants and have been trying to get a little recognition for the majority of the year. It is all good. The hype will start soon enough  ;)

Hopefully finals in 2017 for Grope Lane!

Pkbaldy