XVs CL 2016 - Group Stage 2 (Rd 17) Discussion thread

Started by PowerBug, July 11, 2016, 06:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 25, 2016, 10:02:22 PM
Its a multiplier error surely, cos my England are showerhouse this year and still winning...
Will take a look into it but for now I refer you to the following posts:

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,107460.msg1784126.html#msg1784126 - explanation of how I did the multipliers.
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,107603.msg1785215.html#msg1785215 - Here is what each team is averaging for the season up to but NOT including any bye rounds, post multipliers.

Hopefully there's no errors. These were up before the first week for everyone to see and comment on so not my fault!!

fyi English Lions were the 19th highest scoring team in Week 2, so not that great. They are in the easiest group as well. In addition I had the Lions ranked 21st pre-tournament so in fact they are pretty much right on where you'd expect for last week :)

JBs-Hawks

I cant win a game at all in Euros, i shouldnt be able to win them here!

I would say Euros multiplier should be pretty close to equal with WXV

A 140 in Euros is solid and a 140 in WXV is pretty similar.

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 26, 2016, 12:00:34 AM
I cant win a game at all in Euros
You haven't played any Euros teams in CL yet. Irrelevant

i shouldnt be able to win them here!
Not true. Luck of the draw plays a factor and your team has gotten a lucky group to be in. One of your wins is against a team that has scored less in 3 rounds than some of the top sides will have scored in 2. So that explains 1 of your 2 wins. Your second win came against a team which had three players score in the 75 in BXV scoring (Which is under 50 post scaling). You play BXV, if you had three players score under 75 on your field would you expect to win many games?? Especially when only 4 players go above 150 in BXV scoring as well.

I would say Euros multiplier should be pretty close to equal with WXV

A 140 in Euros is solid and a 140 in WXV is pretty similar.
Last season it was and no Euros sides made it past the Round of 16 which caused uproar.

As I have admitted, I feel like all 3 multipliers may have needed to progress slightly closer to 1, but until I look at the numbers properly I will defend myself as only Ftc has given something which looks like it may need to be looked into closer :)

fanTCfool

You don't need to 'defend' yourself PB, if no one had any problems with the numbers to start with we can't attack you now.

PowerBug

Quote from: fanTCfool on July 26, 2016, 10:09:18 PM
You don't need to 'defend' yourself PB, if no one had any problems with the numbers to start with we can't attack you now.
No you all have every right to question what's happened so far, but from what I put up pre-tournament the current results are all luck/form based I'm 90% confident.