XVs CL 2016 - Group Stage 1 (Rd 16) Dicussion thread

Started by PowerBug, July 05, 2016, 10:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: meow meow on July 11, 2016, 04:32:23 PM
Jobe would have been captain. Compo.
It's also karma for going Hamish "Heartless". You're Admin is a Port supporter, I should dock you points just for saying that :o

Group G
Liverpool Rams 1307.8 defeated Moscow Spetnaz 1160
Liverpool weren't great, Treloar the skipper the only one to pass 100 (211.16 when doubled), but Moscow could only name 12 players, which is a bit odd. Robbie Gray scored 264 points, he tried to get them the win, but when you're playing 3 down, even a poor score is going to beat you. Infact, every team except the Bangladesh Bears beat this team this week.

Group H
Svalbard Valkyries 1639.57 defeated Wrexham Knights 1357.44
A commanding performance by the Valkyries this week, with 10 players tonning up and 2 of their emergencies also passing 100. If they rolled with Dean Towers over Steve Johnson they'd have passed 1700. Wrexham weren't poor, Dangerfield scored 310.45 (C), with Mackie, Pendlebury, Ross and JMartin all passing 100, but poor scores from Dempster (inury??), Darcy Lang and Kane Mitchell saw them fall short.
**Need to double check a few thigns with Valkyries. I have assumed Josh Kelly and GC Lynch for this team, as Zip didn't state which ones they were. So this score might be a little different to what is currently shown**

I believe that is all 16 matches for the round. I'll do some tidying up over the next few days (Post some ladders, stats etc) before we get ready to go again for Group Stage 2! :D

Torpedo10

I have to apologise PB, I noticed Jukes hadn't named a side in here and rushed a team in the last 5 minutes.

Jukes named a team in WXVs and we had 14 there.

I'll send him a PM as a reminder this week!

Purple 77

Outstanding work PB :) great round!

I think its safe to say people from every comp feels invested in the CL!

Ziplock

Hellopplz

Good stuff PB!

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 11, 2016, 04:52:26 PM
Been a very strange round  :o

Can't believe my Worlds Teams have been losing :( I suppose me and PNL have to hold the baton in the meantime  8)
Not the top 2 you'd expect from Worlds!

Big wins by PNL and Iceland! PNL I said are a good bet at $4 to progress and I don't even know where that came from for Iceland!! Great wins there :D.