British XV Round 13 (AFL Rd 16) Team and OOP Lodgements and Banter Discussion

Started by Ringo, July 05, 2016, 11:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

After the Byes and the North v South Challenge we get back to the final 4 rounds prior to finals

Remember to name emergencies in order, any OOP players ane EVC in this thread.

Round 13 Draw:

Some very interesting match ups which will help shape the table.

Breakers v Owls  6th v 4th The loser of this match will be in danger of dropping out of the 8. Both teams have had 7 wins with the Owls having the draw. Will be a tight match but Owls may be slight favourites with a lot resting on Captain choices.
Knights v Bunnies 15th v 10th - Bunnies strongly favoured here but Knights can cause a boilover if Bunnies not on their game.
Badgers v Magic 3rd v 12th Should be an easy win for the Badgers.  However the Magic have found some form recently and may cause a surprise if all players play to their full potential.
Hoods v Steins 13th v 14th  A very close match here. Hoods should have the firepower to get over the vastly improved Steins but a Steins victory would not surprise.
Giants v Werewolves 16th v 2nd Should be an easy win for the Werewolves who are close to full strength.
Hurricanes v Dragons 1st v 11th Hurricanes would be favoured here but the Dragons when on song can cause an upset. Will it be this week though can not see it and favour the Hurricanes to continue the whirlwind against opponents.
Leeches v Rams 8th v 9th. Another match where the loser may struggle to make the 8. Rams have been showing something in recent weeks in the absence of their suspended stars and may be able to get over the Leeches who are very up and down this year.
Hawks v Hedgehogs 5th v 7th A must win match for the Hedgehogs if they are to stay in 8.  Will be tight and if either side is a little off could mean curtains. Looking for a tight game with the Hedgies based on projections slight favourites.

So we have 3 matches that will really shape the final 8.  Let the banter begin.

Torpedo10

Before I announce my team I have to say:

JACK SILVAGNI WELCOME TO THE MAGICIANS.

SydneyRox

Bunnies

Crowley OOP in Ruck

Emerg - Plowman (B), M.Shaw(M), Neade(F), O'Shea(B)

Rusty00

Quote from: Ringo on July 05, 2016, 11:56:32 AM
Giants v Werewolves 16th v 2nd Should be an easy win for the Werewolves who are close to full strength.
Fyfe, Roughead, Dahlhaus, Bell, Fisher, and if Ibbotson doesn't get recalled for Freo we will be playing an OOP defender :P

LF

Nottingham Hoods

Def: Heath Grundy,Jeremy McGovern,Shane Biggs,Taylor Duryea
Mids: Dan Hannebery(C),Stephen Coniglio(VC),Jack Macrae(EVC),Liam Shiels
Ruck: Scott Lycett
Fwds: Tom T Lynch,Michael Walters,Dean Towers,Josh Green
U: Rory Atkins,Aaron Young
E: George Hewett,Sam Day,Andrew Walker

Nige

Liverpool Rams

Ben Stratton, Dylan Roberton, Grant Birchall, Josh Gibson (vc)
Adam Treloar (c), James Kelly (evc), Hamish Hartlett, Luke Dunstan
Todd Goldstein
Boomer Harvey, Eddie Betts, Hayden Crozier, Tim Membrey
Reece Conca, Tom Sheridan

Ben Brown (f), Taylor Hunt (d), Majak (r), Farren Ray (m)

Torpedo10

Ringo

Swansea Breakers;
Def: Daniel Rich, Daniel Talia, Heath Shaw (VC), Kyle Cheney
Mid: Brad Ebert, Chris Masten, Jordan Lewis (C), Liam Picken
Ruck: Stefan Martin
Fwd: Cyril Rioli, Jarryd Blair, Josh Kennedy, Leugh Montagna (EVC)
Util: Dannyl Pearce, Koby Stevens

Emer: Harris Andrews, Lachlan Henderson, Blake Acres

iZander

Hasting Hurricanes

D: Rory Laird, Brendon Goddard, Jasper Pittard, Zac Williams
M: Joel Selwood (C), David Armitage (EVC), Ben Cunnington, Nathan Jones (VC)
R: Shane Mumford
F: Craig Bird, Shane Edwards, Jake Stringer, Brandon Matera
U: Jack Newnes, Ryan Bastinac

E: Stephen Hill (M), Jackson Trengove (D), Rory Lobb (F/R), Drew Petrie (F)

A few guys get the call up this week, Brandon Matera gets a chance with Wells being out again and the dees continuing to underate penderson (and petrie being a spud). Also Bastinacs last 5 with also coming up against gold coast has given him the opportunity over Stephen Hill :D

LF

Quote from: LF on July 07, 2016, 03:26:31 PM
Nottingham Hoods

Def: Heath Grundy,Jeremy McGovern,Shane Biggs,Taylor Duryea
Mids: Dan Hannebery(C),Stephen Coniglio(VC),Jack Macrae(EVC),Liam Shiels
Ruck: Scott Lycett
Fwds: Tom T Lynch,Michael Walters,Dean Towers,Devon Smith
U: Rory Atkins,Aaron Young
E: George Hewett,Sam Day,Andrew Walker

Devon is back  :D

Rids

Grope Lane as per UF. Depth is thinning hugely now.

Only have 2 possible emerg - A. Francis and J. Anderson. If named then I will readjust tomorrow afternoon.

Rusty00

GoLions

I've been away for just over a week with basically zero internet, just got back home half an hour ago. Any chance I can name my team here? Or do I get stuck with what I currently have? The only changes I'd make are Cutler to Harbrow, Lonergan to Stretch, Barlow to Lynch (Fasolo emg), and Hanley in for NDS. Rest is fine.

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on July 08, 2016, 02:24:48 PM
I've been away for just over a week with basically zero internet, just got back home half an hour ago. Any chance I can name my team here? Or do I get stuck with what I currently have? The only changes I'd make are Cutler to Harbrow, Lonergan to Stretch, Barlow to Lynch (Fasolo emg), and Hanley in for NDS. Rest is fine.
You're probably better off going against your instinct when choosing your mid ;)

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on July 08, 2016, 03:08:19 PM
Quote from: GoLions on July 08, 2016, 02:24:48 PM
You're probably better off going against your instinct when choosing your mid ;)
Pls :'(