Main Menu

Tom Rockliff

Started by Ringo, June 28, 2016, 09:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Haven't watched any Lions games this year, is Rocky playing just for his stats? Sideways kicks, uncontested possessions?

nrich102

Quote from: Capper on June 29, 2016, 03:25:34 PM
Haven't watched any Lions games this year, is Rocky playing just for his stats? Sideways kicks, uncontested possessions?
People are saying he is, but I don't think he does.

meow meow

I've been a Rocky critic for a while but I think this year he's playing a lot better. His tackles are almost useless but his disposals are generally productive. I still think that when Beams returns that Tom should be played forward like Swan. That's 40 goals right there, something the Lions struggle with. Rocky would still pick up 25 touches.

powersuperkents

Quote from: T Dog on June 29, 2016, 12:50:24 PM
The Pies have history of trading in Brisbane players... perhaps a 2nd rd draft pick and Trav Cloke in a deal for Rocky?
:o You heard it here 1st
Do that... and you'll still have more midfielders than a team needs  :P

#GetADEFENDER #GetAFORWARD

kilbluff1985

kilbluff1985

how do u guys feel about him staying or going now

Ringo

Always knew he was building a house KB which was one of the reasons I was not worried too much.  However you can never say never though still a remote possibility.

strikes91

Taking his word when he said he couldn't see himself leaving. Hope he stays. Really want to see him and Beams get some games together.

strikes91

Not wanted by the club, not going to walk.

Explosive times coming up.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: strikes91 on August 30, 2016, 03:59:54 PM

this been announced or inside info?

strikes91

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 30, 2016, 04:53:02 PM
Quote from: strikes91 on August 30, 2016, 03:59:54 PM

this been announced or inside info?

It's on big footy where posters claim they know inside goss, i'm not a member so I haven't asked if it's legit. I would hope not because I don't seem the point of trading a highly rated senior.

Ringo

Have not heard officially but Swanny and the CEO did not sound overly convincing when asked about Rockliffs position. It is obvious he does not want to leave as he is building a house. If there was an alternate choice I would say relieve him of captaincy but there is no obvious one apart from Zorko.

kilbluff1985

if he requested a trade would Brisbane take pick 1?

Ringo

Can not see him requesting a trade though. Club may force the issue if it wants to but would be foolish to do so given the anger being directed to club and directors at the moment.

strikes91

Quote from: Ringo on August 30, 2016, 05:11:04 PM
Have not heard officially but Swanny and the CEO did not sound overly convincing when asked about Rockliffs position. It is obvious he does not want to leave as he is building a house. If there was an alternate choice I would say relieve him of captaincy but there is no obvious one apart from Zorko.

I feel Swann hesitated because he just flat out didn't know. If a new coach comes in he may want a new leader. I'm a fan of split captaincy and with such a young team I think it is needed. Zorko maybe... can be immature and sucked in on the field. conceded a few 50m penalties on Sunday. Mitch Robinson is also a possibility. Harris one for the future.