XVs CL 2016 - Discussion thread

Started by PowerBug, June 16, 2016, 05:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Hello hello hello, it's your 2016 Champions League host here, time to get this thing going again for 2016 I say! Unfortunately due to lack of chatter from basically everyone involved this never got started earlier in the season (May have to look into this for 2017) but good news is there's still enough time to run a comp for 2016!

How it will run:
- 32 teams will be involved, 8 from each of the 4 XVs competitions
- The top 8 (post finals) from each competition will qualify with one exception:
      - The previous season's CL winner automatically qualifies as number 1 seed for their comp
- There will be 8 groups of 4, each group containing one team from each competition.
- Groups will have some system to them (based on seeds) but some randomness will be involved too.
- Multipliers for the different scoring systems will obviously be used, based on numbers from 2016 form those teams.
- As this comp is seperate from the respective XVs comps, teams will name their teams on specific threads in here, and the additional multipliers and stuff that are different between comps will not be used
- Each round of the KO stages will be re-drawn. In the Round of 16 the group winners will play a runner up from another group that is not from the same competition as them. From the Quarters onwards it is a free draw.
(More shower to come in here so that you picky peeps don't start pulling technicalities on me)

Fixtures:
AFL Round 16: Group Stage 1
AFL Round 17: Group Stage 2
AFL Round 18: Group Stage 3
AFL Round 19: KO Round of 16
AFL Round 20: Quarter Finals
AFL Round 21: Semi Finals
AFL Round 22: Grand Final

Groups

Group AGroup BGroup CGroup DGroup EGroup FGroup GGroup H
Macedonian WolvesWinchester WerewolvesChristchurch SaintsMongolian LambsSerbian EaglesLaos ElephantsLiverpool RamsMexico City Suns
Paris Nice Lyon ReindeersSri Lanka StrikersEnglish LionsDublin DestroyersHastings HurricanesHuddersfield HawksUAE TigersSvalbard Valkyries
Bradford BadgersBerlin BrewersSwansea BreakersBelgian BashersKathmandu EskimosIceland Polar BearsMoscow SpetnazAustralian Ales
Kuala Lumpar CrocodilesSpanish StallionsBangladesh BearsManchester MagicNew York RevolutionPacific IslandersSwiss StormWrexham Knights

Ricochet

GoLions

Ricochet

GoLions

PowerBug

Oh as you can see there's that gap in Euros, I have nfi who finished where I can't find any thread to go off...

If there's mistakes/queries with any of the other comps do correct me/ask. Best to sort everything out before i go making the groups up :P

Will also look at getting together a night (Post the 30th June my last uni exam) where the groups will be formed live through a computerised drawing out of a hat scenario :o (Once I confirm with myself that it will indeed work and there won't be errors)

nrich102

Quote from: Holz on August 14, 2015, 11:59:30 AM
Prelim 1
Macedonian Wolves v Serbian Eagles

Prelim 2
English Lions v Svalbard Valkyries

Elimination 1
Iceland Polar Bears v Swiss Storm

Elimination 2
Spanish Stallions v Belgian Bashers

So

Macedonian Wolves
English Lions
Svalbard Valkyries
Serbian Eagles
Iceland Polar Bears
Spanish Stallions
Belgian Bashers
Swiss Storm

meow meow

Beautiful. Sandilands should be back for round 1 of this comp, so defend my title I shall.

PowerBug

Quote from: nrich102 on June 16, 2016, 06:50:23 PM
Quote from: Holz on August 14, 2015, 11:59:30 AM
Prelim 1
Macedonian Wolves v Serbian Eagles

Prelim 2
English Lions v Svalbard Valkyries

Elimination 1
Iceland Polar Bears v Swiss Storm

Elimination 2
Spanish Stallions v Belgian Bashers

So

Macedonian Wolves
English Lions
Svalbard Valkyries
Serbian Eagles
Iceland Polar Bears
Spanish Stallions
Belgian Bashers
Swiss Storm
That's before finals though? It was the Prelim and Grand Final threads I couldn't find in the Euro board

meow meow

McKernan named on the extended bench this week. Warming up for this, nearing a return so he can captain the Saints again.

Purple 77

Stoked to see this up and running again :D

Loved the Christchurch journey last year, especially that game where meow captained McKernan and we all thought he was bluffing and was gonna edit it last minute, but in fact he stuck with him and he scored like 150 x 2 :P

But I fear Berlin won't be nearly as competitive as last year  :-X

Hellopplz

Nige

This should be interesting, all three of my teams in this are struggling a bit atm haha.

nrich102

Serbia would have to be close to favorites, yeah? Just hopefully we dont get flowered by the multiplier again.

GoLions

Quote from: nrich102 on June 16, 2016, 11:31:35 PM
Serbia would have to be close to favorites, yeah? Just hopefully we dont get flowered by the multiplier again.
6th at best imho