Purple 77

Quote from: GoLions on June 17, 2016, 02:06:07 PM
Reckon the Hurricanes will be the team to beat though

Premiership a sure thing  ;)

GoLions

Quote from: Holz on June 17, 2016, 02:41:13 PM
Euro will get killed.

Our top 3 isnt even in the comp
On points scored, only 1 team from your top 3 is missing ;)

British missing 4 of their top 8 on points scored, 3 from top 8 of ladder

Hedgies, and Owls would have made us a force to be reckoned with!

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 17, 2016, 02:48:01 PM

Not yet! :P

Werewolves coming back into form, and Badgers hoping to get Higgins back to bolster their forward line come finals ;)

Purple 77

Quote from: GoLions on June 17, 2016, 02:50:05 PM

Werewolves coming back into form, and Badgers hoping to get Higgins back to bolster their forward line come finals ;)

A SURE THING GL! A SURE THING!

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 17, 2016, 02:54:17 PM
Quote from: GoLions on June 17, 2016, 02:50:05 PM

A SURE THING GL! A SURE THING!
Only the Minor Premiership :P

Holz

Quote from: GoLions on June 17, 2016, 02:49:20 PM
Quote from: Holz on June 17, 2016, 02:41:13 PM
Euro will get killed.

Our top 3 isnt even in the comp
On points scored, only 1 team from your top 3 is missing ;)

British missing 4 of their top 8 on points scored, 3 from top 8 of ladder

Hedgies, and Owls would have made us a force to be reckoned with!

Yeah its my team :P the top of the ladder second on points Hulks.

watch out next year though.

Ziplock

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 17, 2016, 09:11:33 AM
Only like, two uncompetitive teams in Worlds atm, and one of them is largely due to their best players being injured. Wouldn't the multiplier last year have been effected just as much by the uncompetitive teams in the other comps?

How many of those does each comp have btw, just for curiosities sake?

#ThePointsCapWorks #AndIGuessGoodCoaches

The discrepency between the top tier teams in some comps and the bottom tier teams was massive and flowered up the multipliers (numbers posted are the averages for the teams in the comp last year, while the multipliers were using the overall average)

Quote from: Ziplock on July 14, 2015, 06:12:00 PM
So I just did the averages using these numbers and the multipliers

British   worlds   asians   euros
2285   2094   3015   1348
2249   1923   2944   1347
2196   1898   2749   1271
2167   1891   2746   1208
2164   1855   2722   1288
2149   1843   2710   1234
2148   1839   2684   1195
2129   1781   2796   1204

so the raw averages (for points scored this season) are
British: 2185
Worlds: 1891
Asians: 2795
Euros: 1261

So with the mulipliers
British: 2169
Worlds: 1891
Asians: 2151
Euros: 1279

I think (asians?) are skewed because they play during the byes and nobody else does, so their number (I'm estimating) should be around 1840. The euros numbers are only taken from the from 9 euros rounds, rather than 10 (which I think is the number everyone else played?), so their actual average should be around 1400.

That's still a pretty chronically skewed competition... is british that uneven?

PowerBug

Also got to remember that Worlds has extra methods which allow for more points being scored, those bonuses which won't be used in CL. (I.e Resting)

When I work out the multiplier I will explain how I have done it so everyone is clear. I can't remember what we did last year but I remember helping out in getting it done so was probably my fault :P

Ziplock

I'd personally suggest using the averages from this years top 8 (so not necessarily the teams that are in champions league)- it might skew it a bit if you have huge risers (like hungary in euros), but honestly the larger concern for skewing imo would be the big fallers.

PowerBug

How about taking the best XV for each team (in the CL) based on averages (ignoring any other bonuses) so far this season? Then averaging out that number with the other 7 teams from their comp to give us the average of the best team average?

Could also take the league average but exclude the top 2 and bottom 2 from each, limiting potential outliers.

GoLions

Quote from: Ziplock on June 17, 2016, 03:56:15 PM
I'd personally suggest using the averages from this years top 8 (so not necessarily the teams that are in champions league)- it might skew it a bit if you have huge risers (like hungary in euros), but honestly the larger concern for skewing imo would be the big fallers.
But the teams currently in the top 8 of their respective leagues might not finish top 8 by the end of the season. Probably easiest just to use the averages of the teams actually competing I think. Otherwise we may as well just have the current top 8 scorers from each league competing.

PowerBug

Let's backtrack a bit.

Question: What is the point of having these multipliers to begin with?
Answer: Each league has different scoring systems, with different amounts of points handed out. So we need a number there which takes away the extra points certain systems have over others

So what is the best way to go about finding the skill multipliers? Technically the best way is to take every single player from every single match this season using all 4 scoring systems, and summing them all together. This will determine exactly how many more points SC players get over DT, and then compare them to the systems formerly known as sportsbet and sportal.

On first thought I thought this would be too difficult to work out, but it might not be that difficult actually. Does anyone know the British scoring system that can post it here? Cheers

PowerBug

So I have just done the following work:
Found out how many points on average a SC game hands out. (No prizes for guessing, I was just checking lol)
Converted this into average points per player and thus average you'd expect from 15 randomly chosen players on any given week.
Found the total number of DT points scored throughout the year, converted this to an average per game, average per player and thus average from 15 randomly chosen players.
Tallied up the amount of goals, kicks, tackles and marks for the season to date, and used this to give the number of sportsbet (AXV) points handed out this season. Did the same as the other two to give us an average per 15 players.
Could technically just go off the total points awarded for the season and work the multiplier out from there it's the same thing as I'm doing the same operations for each one

Just need BXV now...

GoLions

British Scoring System:

Kick: 3 points
Handball: 1 point
Mark: 3 points
Tackle: 3 points
Hitout: 1 point
FF: 1 point
FA: -3 points
Goal: 6 points
Behind: 1 point
Contested Possession: 4 points
Clearance: 2 points
Effective Disposal: 2 points
Spoil: 2 points

meow meow

Why did the British scoring system change? All the stats for the Sportal scoring system are available on the Afl website and can be dumped into a spreadsheet that can calculate the old scores.