FIFA 17

Started by PowerBug, June 14, 2016, 07:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

EA released a trailer for a new game mode recently, sheeessh it's gonna be good!

https://www.easports.com/fifa/the-journey

R.Griffen

It will be okay, for mind the first year they do it they will realise how much they missed. Sucks that Alex Hunter has to be the name but better than Freq from 2K like everyone is saying.

Aside from Journey mode I was very happy with the managers getting a face and their own personality rather than just the name. I'm not sold on frostbite adding into the game. Just doesn't make sense to me, it seems like they left alone the game play just by the looks of things but I know it will have a slight tweak somewhere.

Sucks that FIFA this year is coming out after NBA. I normally play FIFA for a week and then move onto NBA for a while before coming back to FIFA. This year it will have to be the other way around.

I'm hoping also with the Journey mode it means changes have been added to Pro Clubs and the pro in general

I'm really liked what I saw but first attempt likely to be a fail at Journey Mode. However, I am surprised with they didn't start off with an announcement to Career Mode (well it is kinda Career mode) but I mean the tradition style. They have trailed things in the last couple of years and safe to say they have worked. Maybe that was all the work they were going to do on it which will disappoint me.

Take my money

Andrew3747

Meh. Not excited. Not going to address the real issues but just add another mode for everyone to forget about how little the game has actually progressed. The new engine ks the only thing so far im excited about.

Andrew3747

Some screenshots released tosay pretty much show the exact same loading screens and menu screens. Yawn. 4th year of a fifa 13 patch.

PowerBug

Loading mini games are now multiplayer.
Throw-ins have changed you can move up the touch line.
Penalties have been revamped completely.
L2 (LB on XBox??) is now there to be physical with your opponent. Will no longer be forced to header the ball in a contest if player is strong enough and can guide ball to feet by out muscling.

A few things I saw on a video I watched a few days back.

R.Griffen

Quote from: PowerBug on June 22, 2016, 04:11:33 PM
Loading mini games are now multiplayer.
Throw-ins have changed you can move up the touch line.
Penalties have been revamped completely.
L2 (LB on XBox??) is now there to be physical with your opponent. Will no longer be forced to header the ball in a contest if player is strong enough and can guide ball to feet by out muscling.

A few things I saw on a video I watched a few days back.
I remember trying to move up the touchline this year, you could a touch

It would be left trigger on Xbox to be physical. That last change is good though, the only way you could get the ball to ground was hold out the opposition accidentally by blocking the run. Good it happens when it can now

R.Griffen

Quote from: Andrew3747 on June 22, 2016, 03:55:19 PM
Some screenshots released tosay pretty much show the exact same loading screens and menu screens. Yawn. 4th year of a fifa 13 patch.
Serious? Since they bought in the impact engine the game has changed a lot, like they re did career mode in that time. Added the matchday features. Draft for UT. Added the matchday experience to same as real life broadcast From FIFA 08-12 nothing happen but been good changes since. Just it took them 4 games to do them instead of 2

Andrew3747

Its the same game..... career mode same, FUT will get an overhaul asbit usually does since it makes them the most money. Offline play will be as boring as ever.

PowerBug

Also off the ball CPU runs will be improved. They will learn to run into space and sideways more than the current straight ahead movement we currently see.

And the premier league managers will all be on there. be able to see Wenger and Mourinho and Klopp up close :)

R.Griffen

Quote from: PowerBug on June 23, 2016, 05:31:49 PM
Also off the ball CPU runs will be improved. They will learn to run into space and sideways more than the current straight ahead movement we currently see.

And the premier league managers will all be on there. be able to see Wenger and Mourinho and Klopp up close :)
They can't take my money quick enough

PowerBug

Quote from: R.Griffen on June 23, 2016, 10:14:54 PM

Yeah exactly. I barely play it (prefer Madden and get addicted to it for hours each day :P) but I will get the new FIFA as soon as I finish uni exams in November (Happy to wait a few months hopefully prices drop a little :)

nrich102

Need to get an Xbox 1S and get this game. Don't think the old 360 will cut it anymore  :(

R.Griffen

Quote from: PowerBug on June 23, 2016, 10:20:20 PM
Quote from: R.Griffen on June 23, 2016, 10:14:54 PM

Yeah exactly. I barely play it (prefer Madden and get addicted to it for hours each day :P) but I will get the new FIFA as soon as I finish uni exams in November (Happy to wait a few months hopefully prices drop a little :)
I got EA access on Xbox one plus I get the discount for having the other games or whatever the extra it was for, so the super deluxe edition only going to cost me $108

But I have Madden to play before that and also a week of NBA before Fifa comes out

PowerBug

Got this yesterday for $59 at JB Hi-Fi (I know, I was in disbelief as well at that price!). The Journey is EPIC like I thought it would be. Slowly getting my head around playing FIFA again as it's been a few months.

I'm a fan of the free kick and penalty changes, makes set pieces a lot more interesting and engaging. Still working out how to use the strength button (L2) properly, atm I find myself being pushed off the ball too easily.

DazBurg

Quote from: PowerBug on December 17, 2016, 09:38:50 PM
Got this yesterday for $59 at JB Hi-Fi (I know, I was in disbelief as well at that price!). The Journey is EPIC like I thought it would be. Slowly getting my head around playing FIFA again as it's been a few months.

I'm a fan of the free kick and penalty changes, makes set pieces a lot more interesting and engaging. Still working out how to use the strength button (L2) properly, atm I find myself being pushed off the ball too easily.
yeah it is pretty good

loved the journey too and will build into coming years titles