2016 East vs West All-Star Thread

Started by Jukes, June 14, 2016, 01:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

So for the third year in a row, the all-star game (now in a reduced format) will take place. Will West be able to break their drought? Who will be voted by their peers to be the head coaches? Only time will tell!

As shown in the poll, you can vote for who you think should coach West - the poll is open to all coaches, not just West coaches. You can find the poll for East coach in the Round 13 Thread.

A reminder of the teams:

East
Boston Terriers (1st)
Carolina Panthers (3rd)
Santiago Cockerels (5th)
Ottawa Otters (8th)
New Brooklyn Hawks (9th)
Quito Quetzals (12th)

West
Chicago Sharks (2nd)
San Francisco Grizzlies (4th)
Anaheim Mighty Ducks (6th)
Houston Bombers (7th)
Colorado Avalanche (10th)
Las Vegas (12th)

Team lists: http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99246.0.html

Lockout Rules
It will be a partial lockout -
Players from North Melbourne will be locked Thursday June 23 at 7:50pm EST.
Players from Fremantle, GWS, Brisbane, Geelong, and Hawthorn will be locked on Friday June 24 at 7:50pm EST.
Players from Essendon and West Coast will be locked on Thursday June 30 at 8:10pm EST.
Players from Port Adelaide, Richmond, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Sydney, Western Bulldogs, Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne, and Adelaide will be locked on Friday July 1 at 7:50pm EST.
ALL team edits must be made in a new post.

Team Submission
D: A. Player, B. Player, C. Player, D. Player
M: E. Player (c) or (cc), F. Player (vc) or (cc), G. Player, H. Player, I. Player, J. Player
R: K. Player
F: L. Player (evc), M. Player, N. Player, O. Player
U: P. Player, Q. Player, R. Player
Emg: S. Player, T. Player, U. Player, V. Player (sub)

-You must name either a captain (x2) and vice-captain (x1.5) or two co-captains (1.75x each), in addition to the emergency vice-captain. If listed captaincy options are exhausted the first-named non-captain midfielder is promoted.
-Emergencies can be of ANY position and in ANY order.
-Sub SHOULD be named as the last man on the bench to avoid them being called up as a regular replacement.
-Basically standard teams!

Jukes

Congratulations to elephants and Popedelio for being voted All-Star coaches!

Also, I'm considering implementation of a round 23 competition - some ideas floating around but nothing for certain yet.

popedelio

West All Stars

DEF: Heath Shaw [SF], James Bartel [COL], Alex Rance [HOU], Jasper Pittard [SF]
MID: Patrick Dangerfield (CC) [ANH], Daniel Hannebery (EC) [ANH], Joel Selwood (CC) [CHI], Jack Steven [SF], Luke Parker [CHI], Stephen Coniglio [SF]
RUCK: Stefan Martin [SF]
FWD: Zach Merret [ANH], Leigh Montagna [SF], Lance Franklin [LV], Brett Deledio [SF]
UTI: Rory Sloane [HOU], Tom Mitchell [LV], Tom Rockliff [LV]
EMG: Josh Gibson [CHI], Toby Greene [ANH], Tom Nicholls [ANH], Bernie Vince [HOU] (Sub)

Couldn't go past the co-captain of the Geelong combo in Danger and Selwood. It was a match made in heaven :P devastatingly between the 6 of us we have a very weak ruck division, considering that Martin is out of form, however he is the only best bet. Shout out to my boy Daniel Wells who can't play due to injury this week :'( is the highest averaging forward in the West.

My fellow Westonians if you feel one of your players deserved a cap, please pm me and I may reconsider or give you a response as into why they were left out.

Overall representatives

Anaheim: 3 (2)
Chicago: 2 (1)
Colorado: 1
Houston: 2 (1)
Las Vegas: 3
San Francisco: 7