Main Menu

Bob to play on

Started by Big Mac, June 07, 2016, 05:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-06-07/bob-to-play-on

After taking some time to consider his future, Western Bulldogs Captain Bob Murphy says he has “unfinished business” and will play on for an 18th AFL season in 2017.

Murphy yesterday signed a contract to extend a career that has produced so much, including 295 games, two All-Australian nods including one as captain, AFLPA best captain award and three international rules series.

List Manager Jason McCartney said Murphy’s influence was immeasurable and that his signature was a major boost for the Club.

“The decision to offer Bob another contract was an easy one because of just how much he brings holistically to this place,” McCartney said.

“He is such an important figure here, both from a leadership perspective but what he also offers as a player.”

“It was welcome news for everyone at the Club.”

The 33-year-old made the decision after spending some time away and cited his desire to give more to the Club that drafted him with pick 13 in the 1999 AFL Draft.

“I’ve still got the passion to play and obviously, there’s unfinished business for this team and our Club,” Murphy said.

“To have your Club in your corner, saying that they really want you to play again can’t be underestimated.”

“I feel like I can get back to playing good footy, and I still feel like I’ve got something to offer. I miss it, I miss playing with those boys.”

GoLions

Thought we may have seen the last of him.

Awesome news though! :D

Bill Manspeaker

nrich102

Great news for the Doggies and for football in general.

meow meow

Good. Now convince Boyd to go around again too. Morris is a certainty and should be in All-Australian considerations again.

Nige

Football Factory