British XV Round 10 Team and OOP Lodgements and Banter Discussion

Started by GoLions, May 24, 2016, 08:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Fixture for round 10:

Breakers vs Steins - The Breakers proved that they could compete with the best last week, with an impressive win over the previously undefeated Werewolves, thanks to an outstanding captain's knock from Heath Shaw. They now sit outside the top 4 only by percentage, and will want to try climb further up the ladder this week. The Steins had a heartbreaking loss against the Hawks, and now sit 2-7 so far this season. Whilst these teams sit a fair way apart on the ladder, the Steins have actually been doing alright this year, remaining fairly competitive most of the time, and I think they'll challenge the Breakers. However, with Shaw in the form he is in, the Breakers should get over the line.

Knights vs Werewolves - Ooh, it bleeds! The Werewolves finally lost their first match of the season, although it must be said, it was a long time coming. Without Fyfe, Roughy, and Thurlow for seemingly the rest of the season, and continuously losing guns such as Ablett, Priddis, Hodge, and Gray, it was only a matter of time before the Werewolves fell short. Meanwhile, the Knights managed to make a serious dent into the Dragons finals campaign, and are really starting to hit some form with Pendlebury and Dangerfield firing each week. I think if Ablett is back and firing, the Werewolves should be too strong. But if not...

Badgers vs Dragons - The Badgers defence FINALLY started to show something last week, and that was without star defender Matthew Boyd due to suspension. Billy Stretch and Jesse Lonergan were outstanding, and Lonergan managed to pick up 2 votes as well in the league MVP award. They also welcomed the return of VC Trent Cotchin, who was right back at his brilliant best. The Dragons found themselves short against the Knights, and really need some wins soon to keep their finals hopes alive. Both these teams are missing players, and who returns this week could make a massive difference to the result of this match. The Badgers will have Matthew Boyd return from suspension, and will also hope to get back Michael Barlow and Tom Nicholls. Daniel Currie has been confirmed to miss the next few weeks though. For the Dragons, Tom Rockliff and Aaron Hall are both fighting to prove their fitness for the match, and if they do return, will provide some much needed scoring power. I think the Badgers will get up in a close one.

Hoods vs Rams - Where have the Hoods come from? I think it was only 2-3 weeks ago that I thought their season was almost over (an early call, I know), but since then they have been very impressive, and managed to get the top score last round. The Rams on the other hand, just don't seem to have the scoring power to compete with the top teams. On paper, their defence is outstanding, but just isn't delivering each week. If it weren't for Goldstein and Treloar, it's worrying to think where the Rams would be right now. The Hoods should win this one comfortably, and the Rams will continue to wait for 2017 when they will welcome Heppell and Bennell back into the squad.

Giants vs Leeches - The Leeches ran into a monstrous Hoods outfit on the weekend, and didn't have an answer to anything that was thrown at them. Prior to that, they have been quite impressive this year, and still sit just inside the 8, but only by percentage. The Giants have been pretty good as well in their rebuild, and you can tell that they'll be a force in the next few years. However, with their lack of depth at the moment, they will struggle to defeat this Leeches outfit, but an upset would not surprise, all they have to do is name Benny Keays and Rhys 'Beastmode' Mathieson!

Hurricanes vs Hedgies - Ohhhhhhhhhh this is gonna be an awesome game. I am so pumped. Even though the Hedgies are 7th on the ladder, they are 2nd in points scored, and I think they are a real good chance of handing the Hurricanes their first loss of the year. The Hurricanes were very unconvincing in their win over the Giants last week, only just getting home in the end, whereas the Hedgies had the 2nd highest score of the round, easily accounting for the Bunnies. If Laird is back this week for the Hurricanes, I think this one will go right down to the wire, and may just get them over the line, but if not...HEDGIES!

Magic vs Hawks - What can I say? Coach Torp, you have disappointed me. I had so much hope for the Magic at the start of the year, and they've only lived up to expectations about twice this season. The Hawks have been very up and down though, so the Magic are still a chance to get the win. With only 6 games left this season, it's still mathematically possible for the Magic to make finals, but I think the Hawks will put their season to an end once and for all off the back of a BOG performance from Sam Mitchell.

Bunnies vs Owls - I don't know why, but I still can't believe how I didn't see the Owls doing this well this year. Looking at their team, they are strong in basically all lines, and that's without O'Meara, Johannisen, and Yarran. The Bunnies were once again disappointing last week, but they know that their focus is 2017 and beyond, once they get back all of their suspended players in Ryder and Hurley, as well as injured star Dane Swan. The Owls will notch up another win this week, and continue with their push for a spot in the top 4.

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on May 24, 2016, 08:22:52 PM
Fixture for round 10:

Hurricanes vs Hedgies - Ohhhhhhhhhh this is gonna be an awesome game. I am so pumped. Even though the Hedgies are 7th on the ladder, they are 2nd in points scored, and I think they are a real good chance of handing the Hurricanes their first loss of the year. The Hurricanes were very unconvincing in their win over the Giants last week, only just getting home in the end, whereas the Hedgies had the 2nd highest score of the round, easily accounting for the Bunnies. If Laird is back this week for the Hurricanes, I think this one will go right down to the wire, and may just get them over the line, but if not...HEDGIES!

Oh boy, how am i meant to study with this match up on!!! Hedgies are looking so good atm and if I'm truthful with myself id probably also be tipping the hedgies too! Not too worried about Laird coming back in as it means either Zac Williams or Pittard have to sit it out but I'm absolutely sweating on Daniel Wells coming back in, my forward line looks in shambles without him! Stephen Hill would also be a super nice inclusion (hopefully). I need Jelwood to turn up this week (flower you levi greenwood, yes i shall get my revenge this week on him ;) ) because i know Neale will (and Parker...where is Jacobs when you need him ;) )

Rusty00

(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 10

Shannon Hurn (Bradford) 50 games
Drew Petrie (Hastings) 50 games
Jackson Macrae (Nottingham) 50 games

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on May 25, 2016, 12:52:13 PM

Might not get named this week with the current form of Lonergan and Stretch, Boyd returning, and Cutler possibly returning :-X

kilbluff1985

Nige

If we can actually post a competitive score, I'll be happy. Need our defenders to fire like they were early on in the season. I guess most of the team is really inconsistent which doesn't help either.

LF

Torpedo10

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on May 25, 2016, 12:57:54 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on May 25, 2016, 12:52:13 PM

Might not get named this week with the current form of Lonergan and Stretch, Boyd returning, and Cutler possibly returning :-X
Drew better not play for me this week either, please Wells and Pedo :(

Spite

Good luck iZander, big big match. Pretty confident in our side though ;) Problem will be choosing the right second utility as a few youngsters have popped up and done decently

iZander

Quote from: Spite on May 25, 2016, 08:40:28 PM
Good luck iZander, big big match. Pretty confident in our side though ;) Problem will be choosing the right second utility as a few youngsters have popped up and done decently

You too buddy! all the confidence i had was shattered last week but i guess we will just have to wait and see :P

GoLions

Bradford Badgers

DEF: Matthew Boyd, Jesse Lonergan, Billy Stretch, Tom Cutler
MID: Trent Cotchin (C), Luke Shuey (VC), Dion Prestia, Tom Liberatore
RUCK: Tom Nicholls
FWD: Michael Barlow, Sir Daniel of Caleb, Mark LeCras (EVC), Adam Cooney
UTIL: Nick Dal Santo, Pearce Hanley

EMG: Michael Rischitelli, Tom J Lynch, Shannon Hurn, Alex Fasolo

Soooooo tempted to drop Hanley. Daniel Howe could replace Cutler if he's named for the Hawks, Hurn will be named if neither of the other two are. Lynch also a chance, but been disappointing last few weeks.

LF

Nottingham Hoods

Def: Grundy,McGovern,Biggs,Duryea
Mids: Hannebery(C),Coniglio(VC),Macrae(EVC),Shiels
Ruck: Lycett
Fwds: Newton,Griffiths,T.T.Lynch,Walters
U: Young,Atkins
E: Hewett,J.White,A.Walker

iZander

Def: Rory Laird, Brendon Goddard, Jasper Pittard, Jackson Trengove
Mid: Joel Selwood (C), David Armitage (VC), Ben Cunnington, Nathan Jones
Ruck: Shane Mumford
Fwd: Daniel Wells, Shane Edwards, Craig Bird, Jake Stringer
Utility: Jack Newnes, Stephen Hill

Emg: Zac Williams (D), Ryan Bastinac (M), Cameron Pederson (F), Rory Lobb (F/R)

Best case scenario team, still not decided on the back line, surly i can't drop someone who was my highest scorer last week and second highest scorer the week before (184, 201) :/

Cunnington has blossomed into a nice sweetener for the Hulrey - Zac Williams deal ;)

iZander

Quote from: iZander on May 26, 2016, 05:13:26 PM
Def: Rory Laird, Brendon Goddard, Jasper Pittard, Jackson Trengove

Emg: Zac Williams (D), Ryan Bastinac (M), Cameron Pederson (F), Rory Lobb (F/R)

Best case scenario team, still not decided on the back line, surly i can't drop someone who was my highest scorer last week and second highest scorer the week before (184, 201) :/

Cunnington has blossomed into a nice sweetener for the Hulrey - Zac Williams deal ;)

Wellsy and Hill back!!! no Lairdy but at least that makes selections easier :P Although with the inclusion of dougal howard i probably would like to play lairdy over trengove now :/ Also two more defensive injuries to the giants has caused Williams to move back to being a defender :(

Def: Zac Williams, Brendon Goddard, Jasper Pittard, Jackson Trengove

Emg: Ryan Bastinac (M), Luke Brown (D), Drew Petrie (F), Rory Lobb (F/R)