British XV Round 9 Team and OOP Lodgements and Banter Discussion

Started by GoLions, May 16, 2016, 06:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Round 9! Just over halfway through the H&A season now :D

Draw:

Breakers vs Werewolves - Looking at this, you'd think it'd be an easy win for the Werewolves. However, if these two teams faced off last week...the Werewolves would only have won by 4 points. So, hope is not lost for the Breakers, and an upset win here would give them a real good shot at holding on to their place in the 8 for the remainder of the season. In saying that though, the Werewolves should still win.

Knights vs Dragons - Just like the Werewolves/Breakers game, the match between these two teams would have been extremely close last week as well, with the Knights scoring a tad more than the Dragons. Even though the Knights are 14th on the ladder, they sit 8th in points scored, one position higher than the Dragons. And with Dangerfield and Pendlebury on fire the last few weeks, they can really push some of the top teams. Rumour has it that Dragons captain Tom Rockliff could miss the remainder of the season, but is a guarantee to miss this week, and the Dragons coach has struggled with captaincy choices so far this year. You know what, I'm gonna go with the Knights on this one!

Badgers vs Rams - After a Brisbane-like performance in round 7, the Badgers came back in round 8 to prove that they are still capable of being a top 4 side, knocking off the Leeches in the dying moments to secure 3rd position on the ladder. Their depth really stood up for them this week, with solid performances from Shannon Hurn, Nick Dal Santo, Adam Cooney, Alex Fasolo, and Dan 'The Man' Howe. This week they will be hoping for VC Trent Cotchin to return to the team, along with Michael Barlow and Michael Rischitelli. However, the loss of Matthew Boyd to suspension will leave the backline exposed. Meanwhile, the Rams were actually quite good last week. They welcomed the return of Dylan Roberton, and may get Bachar Houli back as well. Adam Treloar has been a standout in the midfield, and Kelly a great replacement for the suspended Heppell. I don't think they'll have enough firepower to get over the Badgers though.

Hoods vs Leeches - The Hoods got close to an upset win over the Hurricanes on the weekend, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. They have improved after their poor start to the season though. The Leeches have been a surprise packet this year, and currently sit 7th on the ladder. A win this week would show the competition that they're not messing around, but a loss could put their chance at making finals in jeopardy. The Hoods really need to win this week to stay in with a shot of making finals this season, a loss and you'd probably have to say they're done for the year. It's a tough game to pick...I'll go with the Leeches with not a lot of confidence.

Giants vs Hurricanes - Whilst they haven't been scoring great, there is a lot to like about where the Giants are heading. Debutant Jacob Hopper absolutely destroyed it, scoring a whopping 206 points! Players such as Hopper, Parish, and De Goey are going to get better and better, although I was very disappointed to see that they dropped my boy Ben Keays! I'm sure he'll find a way into their team this week. The Hurricanes had a bit of a scare this week against the Hoods, but as always, notched up another win. And they'll do the same this week (unfortunately).

Steins vs Hawks - The Steins have scored much better than expected so far this year. Lachie Hunter, Josh Kelly, and Marcus Bontempelli have been constantly improving, and it doesn't end there. Their backline has been very good as well, and their young forwards in Hogan and Petracca will only get better with time. The Hawks have been a bit up and down this year, and will rue the chance they had to defeat the Werewolves. Now with star skipper Dayne Beams possibly gone for the year, some of their other players will have to shoulder a bit more of the load. I think they can get it done this week though.

Magic vs Owls - I think this could be one of the best matches this round. Magic seem to finally be living up to expectations, and the Owls are still scoring strong. A win this week could give hope to the Magic of making finals, with a number of very winnable games remaining in their fixture. A loss, and that'll be it. The Owls will want to push for a top 4 spot, and have to win this week to do so. If they lose, they could slip out of the 8. I'm gonna go for a bit of an upset here, and back in the Magic!

Bunnies vs Hedgehogs - The suspensions at the start of the year have really hurt the Bunnies. I honestly have no idea how they have won 4 games, but good on 'em! Can't see them getting over the Hedgies though, who have finally found their way into the top 8! You'd think they should win this one fairly comfortably as well, and try to slowly move further up the ladder.

GoLions

I'll get some write-ups done in a sec. Still crying over Boyd getting a week :'(

Rusty00

(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 8

Heath Grundy (Nottingham) 50 games
Andrew Swallow (Oxford) 50 games
Cyril Rioli (Swansea) 50 games

kilbluff1985

wow Dave no faith

thinking i will go Zerrett C this week

GoLions

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 17, 2016, 06:26:27 AM
wow Dave no faith

If you get the right captain, you'll probably win haha. But you can't blame me for doubting that :P

Thought I'd look at your C choices as well just to make sure, but only looking at Rocky, Hall, Zerrett, TMitch, and Duncan (also worth noting that Miles has gone 190+ in 3 of the last 4 weeks, started shower though so not included)

R1: Rocky (163) - Hall and Zerrett both scored 211, TMitch 183
R2: Rocky (54, inj) - TMitch 237, Zerrett 207, Hall 201
R3: TMitch (165) - Duncan 193, Hall 232, Zerrett 189
R4: TMitch (113) - Zerrett 192, Hall 182, Duncan 152
R5: TMitch (161) - Duncan 180, Hall 163 (this week was pretty much the right choice with Zerrett flopping and others not much better. This match was a draw though... :P)
R6: Rocky (221) - Nailed it!
R7: Rocky (60, inj) - TMitch 177, Zerrett 176, Duncan 154
R8: TMitch (106) - Zerrett 243, Hall 163, Duncan 141

Rocky getting injured twice as your captain really hasn't helped. Very surprised at the fact that you haven't captained Zerrett yet though! He's been a top 2 or 3 scorer for you basically every round :o

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on May 16, 2016, 06:02:09 PM
And they'll do the same this week (unfortunately).
hahahaha feeling the hate, the Warewolves are undefeated too, pick on them ;)

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on May 17, 2016, 12:53:24 PM
Tbh I'm still pretty annoyed at my team turning to absolute shower last week, and then outscoring you this week :P

Nige

Quote from: GoLions on May 17, 2016, 12:39:51 PM
Very surprised at the fact that you haven't captained Zerrett yet though! He's been a top 2 or 3 scorer for you basically every round :o
Like surely at this point the numbers + Bomber bias kick in.  :P

Also I feel like I couldn't have even paid you to tip me this Dave, but tbh, I think you'll murder us easy this week ahaha.

kilbluff1985

wow Dave no faith

If you get the right captain, you'll probably win haha. But you can't blame me for doubting that :P

Thought I'd look at your C choices as well just to make sure, but only looking at Rocky, Hall, Zerrett, TMitch, and Duncan (also worth noting that Miles has gone 190+ in 3 of the last 4 weeks, started shower though so not included)

R5: TMitch (161) - Duncan 180, Hall 163 (this week was pretty much the right choice with Zerrett flopping and others not much better. This match was a draw though... :P)

Rocky getting injured twice as your captain really hasn't helped. Very surprised at the fact that you haven't captained Zerrett yet though! He's been a top 2 or 3 scorer for you basically every round :o

rub it in next time i already knew all the above lol

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on May 17, 2016, 12:57:23 PM
Tbh I'm still pretty annoyed at my team turning to absolute shower last week, and then outscoring you this week :P
hahaha outscored me this week yes, but are you ignoring the 6 weeks before? Its not like last week was the only week id of won :P
Hurricanes have top scored 5 out of 8 weeks!!! I don't think this luck can last forever haha, i think i peaked at the wrong end of the year :(
Plus you should really be thanking me, i traded out Libba in AF ;)

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on May 17, 2016, 12:59:21 PM
Very surprised at the fact that you haven't captained Zerrett yet though! He's been a top 2 or 3 scorer for you basically every round :o
Like surely at this point the numbers + Bomber bias kick in.  :P

Also I feel like I couldn't have even paid you to tip me this Dave, but tbh, I think you'll murder us easy this week ahaha.
Depends how many players I get back this week. If Barlow, Riska, and Cotch all miss another week, it'll be a close game.

GoLions

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 17, 2016, 12:59:31 PM
wow Dave no faith

Not really rubbing it in kb haha. It's actually kind of a compliment that you have this many genuine C options! I was just really shocked that this will be Zerrett's first week with the C. He's been insanely good so far this week both for your Bombers and your Dragons!

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on May 17, 2016, 01:01:27 PM
Quote from: GoLions on May 17, 2016, 12:57:23 PM
hahaha outscored me this week yes, but are you ignoring the 6 weeks before? Its not like last week was the only week id of won :P
Hurricanes have top scored 5 out of 8 weeks!!! I don't think this luck can last forever haha, i think i peaked at the wrong end of the year :(
Plus you should really be thanking me, i traded out Libba in AF ;)
Haha let me be salty :P

I really hope you have peaked at the wrong end, but team is pretty balanced (this year at least ;))
Hoping I peak at the right end myself. With a full team, I should be able to make a push at least for prelims. Just had 2 weeks already where everything has gone wrong, and worried it could easily happen again at the business end of the season :(

kilbluff1985

Quote from: GoLions on May 17, 2016, 01:08:42 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 17, 2016, 12:59:31 PM
wow Dave no faith

Not really rubbing it in kb haha. It's actually kind of a compliment that you have this many genuine C options! I was just really shocked that this will be Zerrett's first week with the C. He's been insanely good so far this week both for your Bombers and your Dragons!

yeah i know it's all good

kind of been a combination of tipping Rocky when playing at the G and tipping Titch when i think he has a easier opponent

in AXVIII SC i have Hanners and Danger choosing C each week does my head in

kilbluff1985

and what's funny is i could have a 5th guy killing it in Zaharakis if i didn't do that spud trade