Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Would you guys take a trade of

Josh Kelly (#2 draft pick)
Jacob Hopper (#7 draft picks) but really should have gone top 3
Cam McCarthy (#14 draft pick)

for Nathan Fyfe

Toga

Interesting question Holz. I find it hard to believe a team would trade their outright best player like that (let alone best in the competition) despite the fact that it would set up a rebuild in a big way.

I can see a few clubs looking to do deals like this with GWS in the near future though.

Holz

Quote from: Toga on May 05, 2016, 01:31:54 PM
Interesting question Holz. I find it hard to believe a team would trade their outright best player like that (let alone best in the competition) despite the fact that it would set up a rebuild in a big way.

I can see a few clubs looking to do deals like this with GWS in the near future though.

its tough but if you need to rebuild which i reckon freo need to do then you have to make big moves.

this potentially gives you a star key forward and 2 potentially A grade mids. They probably wont be fyfe but its possible the two of them could give the same production they are both very highly rated.

Backs: Sheridan Tucker Rotham
Mids: Neale Hopper Kelly Blakely Hill Weller
Fwds: Mccarthy Walters Bennell   Mayne 
Ruck: Clarke

thats a pretty decent core to start building around. trading out fyfe also means probably lower ladder postion for a year or 2 so better draft picks. then with that list you start targetting key defenders.

By the way I reckon an early call is freo take Josh Rotham with thier first pick in the draft.

valkorum

Quote from: Holz on May 05, 2016, 01:17:03 PM

for Nathan Fyfe

NO NO NO NO NO NO

Hopper hasnt played a game
McCarthy will be able to be traded for cheaply
Josh Kelly is a good player but not worth Fyfe

The deal is not weighted fairly

Coniglio, Kelly and McCarthy and I may start to think about it.  The key word being MAY

Ricochet

for Nathan Fyfe
I'm a definite no

And that's before considering that we should get McCarthy for not much at the end of the year

Holz

Quote from: valkorum on May 05, 2016, 02:26:41 PM

for Nathan Fyfe

NO NO NO NO NO NO

Hopper hasnt played a game
McCarthy will be able to be traded for cheaply
Josh Kelly is a good player but not worth Fyfe

The deal is not weighted fairly

Coniglio, Kelly and McCarthy and I may start to think about it.  The key word being MAY

just quietly Hopper > Coniglio.

I could basically have thrased it Kelly + Mccarthy + Number 2 pick in the draft.

yep i guess it depends how cheap mccarthy cost. Wasnt he a worth a late first round last year?

valkorum

I believe we had our first pick (late 1st round) and another pick on the table for McCarthy.  He won't get anywhere near that now.

If Hopper is better than Coniglio then why isn't he playing?

Holz

Quote from: valkorum on May 05, 2016, 03:06:17 PM
I believe we had our first pick (late 1st round) and another pick on the table for McCarthy.  He won't get anywhere near that now.

because hopper is younger and currently not better then conigs. Would put my money on him having the better career.

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on May 05, 2016, 03:53:26 PM

because hopper is younger and currently not better then conigs. Would put my money on him having the better career.
I'd take your money every day of the week Holz. Coniglio as a junior/same age > Hopper. And I confident Conigs would have a better career. Watched him have 17 and kick 4 goals in a WAFL grand final as 16yr old. He is a jet

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on May 05, 2016, 04:16:20 PM
Quote from: Holz on May 05, 2016, 03:53:26 PM

I'd take your money every day of the week Holz. Coniglio as a junior/same age > Hopper. And I confident Conigs would have a better career. Watched him have 17 and kick 4 goals in a WAFL grand final as 16yr old. He is a jet

in saying this

I reckon Hopper at Freo would have a better career then Congilio at GWS.

I reckon hopper gets stunted as doesnt have as good a career.

I know its the NEAFL but

Hopper

Round 1: 26 touches 6 marks 7 tackles 7 clearances 5 I50s 2 R50s 2 goals
Round 2: 30 touches 6 marks 3 tackles 5 clearances 5 I50s 0 R50s 0 goals
Round 3: 38 touches 6 marks 4 tackles 7 clearances 8 I50s 3 R50s 2 goals
Round 4: 30 touches 8 marks 6 tackles 5 Clearances 13 I50s 0R50s 1 goal

its a shame we cant see contested as i reckon he would have around 15 a game.

JBs-Hawks

Have you even seen Hopper play or just go by numbers?

Id take 4 goals in a WAFL grand final as better then tom mitchell get 70 possesions in the NEAFL

valkorum

Matt DeBoer can get 40 touches in the WAFL - doesnt mean he is a good AFL player.

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 05, 2016, 04:49:14 PM
Have you even seen Hopper play or just go by numbers?

Id take 4 goals in a WAFL grand final as better then tom mitchell get 70 possesions in the NEAFL

not in the NEAFL but watched alot of videos in the lead up to the draft.

anchorman

This is the frightening thing about the Neeshies, they have so much talent stashed away in their ressies that it makes the other 17 sides seem inferior.
It has been done and done about those that are there for trade bait.Just check out their ressies list. It is amazing.
In regards to McCarthy, he has lost some value to the Neeshies as he will not return to Sydney.
The AFL have bred a monster in the Neeshies.
There is no way that Fremantle would trade Fyfe. Nothing out their worth that amount.

Ziplock

wtf is the neeshies ?

Obvs GWs, but? :S