British XV Round 7 Team and OOP Lodgements and Banter Discussion

Started by GoLions, May 02, 2016, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

On to round 7 8)

Obligatory statement:

You have the option of naming full team as well but the following must be lodged in this thread:

1) Emergencies to be recorded in order and any OOP player recorded.  OOP can only come from emergencies and not existing players on field.
2) Emergency Vice Captain

1 is important as UF does not have the capacity to replace a utility with emergency. If you do not name in order then the default position is first named emergency in UF which is usually the defender.  Also remember our rules for replacement of non players which may be relevant this week with a Monday game.
Replacements are done in this order:
If a Utility position player can fill the same position then the utility is promoted to that position and first named available player from emergencies comes onto the Utility position.
If Utility can not fill the position then the emergency from the position will fill the position.

Any changes to match totals for transparency admins will post their adjustments in this thread as well.

Fixture this week:

The top 6 teams will all be matching up against each other, which means this round will be extremely important in shaping the top 6-8 sides on the ladder

Breakers vs Rams - Funnily enough, this could actually be a really good match. There is still hope for both the Breakers and the Rams, but this is basically a must-win match for both teams, especially the Rams. If they lose this, then they could fall 6-8 points behind the 8, with 4 of their last 8 matches against current top 8 teams. The Breakers draw isn't really that much easier as well. If Dylan Roberton is back this week, I'll back the Rams defence to get them over the line.

Knights vs Leeches - I don't know what Leeches coach jhello has done since round 3, but it's been working! The Leeches have been very impressive the last few weeks, knocking off the Owls, Hawks, and Breakers. If they started this well, they could have been 6-0, with early losses to the Steins, Magic, and Bunnies. The Knights got hurt by late outs last week, so should hopefully welcome the return of Mackie and Griffen, but they probably won't be enough to get the win this week.

Badgers vs Hurricanes - Ugh. I'm not looking forward to this match. At this point in time, I'd have the Hurricanes as clear favourites for the premiership. They had only two scores under 137 last week. What even is that. Meanwhile, the Badgers had 5 scores under 100, in what was one of their poorer displays this season. Their defence seems to be a real worry, and an area they'll be hoping to improve over the off-season. Add to this the loss of Vice-Captain Trent Cotchin with a fractured cheekbone, and still missing #1 ruck Tom Nicholls, Michael Rischitelli, and Sir Daniel of Caleb, this should be a comfortable win for the Hurricanes. The only thing that could keep this close is rumours of Laird and Armitage missing, but I can't see it making much of a difference.

Hoods vs Giants - Where has this been from the Hoods all year? They were very impressive against the Hedgies, and managed to just get home for the win! Captain Dan Hannebery was sensational, as was Michael Walters with one of the better scores of his career. You would have to go with them here against the Giants after that performance, but who knows, they could just as easily fall back to where they were only 2 weeks ago.

Dragons vs Hawks - I'm not sure who it was, but whoever gained that extra point after the final match of the round to get the Dragons a draw against the Owls must be KB's favourite player right now! It doesn't get any easier for the Dragons though, but the Hawks seem to have dropped off a bit, and so the Dragons would be slight favourites in this one. However, if Beams is back for the Hawks, which is a real possibility...hmmm. I'll stick with the Dragons.

Werewolves vs Owls - Boy am I looking forward to this game. Owls have been super impressive so far this season, whereas the Werewolves have been a bit disappointing compared to their usual high standards. With Fyfe gone for possibly the rest of the season, Gray injured, Priddis and Ablett out of form, and Roughy/Thurlow missing as well, now is as good a time as any for someone to finally make the Werewolves bleed. And I think the Owls can do it! C'mon Owls!

Steins vs Bunnies - The Bunnies have somehow found themselves 9th, six rounds into the season, and a win this week could see them sneak into the 8! This is despite the fact that they are currently the second lowest scoring team, but so far, things seem to be going ok for them! This game could really go either way, but after their win against the Magic last week, I think I'll go with the Steins.

Magic vs Hedgies - Remember last week when I said the Hedgies were the unluckiest team in the comp? Well, surprise surprise, the Hoods pull out their highest score of the season, and the Hedgies found themselves 14 points short of victory. Meanwhile, the Magic have let another one slip away, and after this week, could be looking on to 2017. Surely the Hedgies can't lose this one.

GoLions

I gotta head off to a lecture in a sec, so I'll probably do some small write-ups during that :P

But, spoiler alert, I ain't tipping the Badgers :'(

Edit: Laptop has no battery :(

Rusty00

(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 7

Bradley Hill (Wrexham) 50 games
Ed Curnow (Blackpool) 50 games
Grant Birchall (Liverpool) 50 games
Mark Baguley (Manchester) 50 games
Mark Lecras (Bradford) 50 games
Pearce Hanley (Bradford) 50 games

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on May 02, 2016, 03:58:54 PM
(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 7

Bradley Hill (Wrexham) 50 games
Ed Curnow (Blackpool) 50 games
Grant Birchall (Liverpool) 50 games
Mark Baguley (Manchester) 50 games
Mark Lecras (Bradford) 50 games
Pearce Hanley (Bradford) 50 games
Hopefully Lecca and Hanley can back up last week, with 400 points between them again! :D

Nige

GoLions

Laird gone for the Hurricanes :-X

Still not getting my hopes up :P

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on May 03, 2016, 02:00:02 PM

Yeah Lairdys a big out for me now, 3 defenders gone :( Lukey Browns been good, he might get the call up, or i could go with a bit more consistency and go Ciaran byrnes :P

iZander

Def: Brandon Goddard, Jasper Pittard, Zac Williams, Luke Brown
Mid: Joel Selwood (C), David Armitage (VC), Ben Cunnington (EVC), Nathan Jones
Ruck: Shane Mumford
Fwd: Shane Edwards, Craig Bird, Daniel Wells, Jake Stringer
Utilities: Jack Newnes, Stephen Hill

EMG: Ryan Bastinac (Mid), Ciaran Byrnes (Def), Drew Petrie (Fwd), Rory Lobb (Ruck/Fwd)

Luke Brown has the big job this week to fill some pretty sizey shoes but he's in good form and hopefully he can impress over the next few weeks :P

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on May 03, 2016, 03:22:01 PM

Yeah Lairdys a big out for me now, 3 defenders gone :( Lukey Browns been good, he might get the call up, or i could go with a bit more consistency and go Ciaran byrnes :P
You kinda gained Goddard though :P

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on May 03, 2016, 03:35:58 PM

haha always knew he was going to get defender status ;)

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on May 03, 2016, 03:35:58 PM

Having said that i also lost Hurley! Getting goddard as a defender is what spurred on the Hurley trade, thought i was a real shot ;P

kilbluff1985

i only had a draw on the weekend cause i forgot to take Gleeson out

if i did would have put Oxley in

and was getting Tarrant's score which would have been enough to win but Gleeson was a late in after lockout

GoLions

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 03, 2016, 07:30:04 PM

and was getting Tarrant's score which would have been enough to win but Gleeson was a late in after lockout
Yeah I saw that, but didn't want to say anything :P

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on May 03, 2016, 07:36:03 PM

haha thought the same thing, thought Oxley would of been your number 1 defender :P (maybe 2 with fantasias form :P)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: iZander on May 03, 2016, 08:04:07 PM
Quote from: GoLions on May 03, 2016, 07:36:03 PM

haha thought the same thing, thought Oxley would of been your number 1 defender :P (maybe 2 with fantasias form :P)

the thing was i had no mids to name as emergency that's why i had Oxley as mid emerg

but now Polkinghorne is my mid emergency this week