Main Menu

EXV Round 4

Started by Holz, April 29, 2016, 11:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Swedish Metal v English Lions

Should be a great contest with the metal sitting 0-3 and the lions 1-2 with similar scoring. The lions still has that amazing midfield that was down last week. The metal have been abit unlucky playing the Valks bashers and Hulks so at home they will be hoping to register a win, I think it will be close but Lions just, on the back of their mids.

Swiss Storm v Spanish Stallions

The stallions similary are sitting 0-3 and looking to get off the bottom, they have been the worst scoring team all year, with a high score of 121. The Swiss storm started the year with a solid 139 looking to match last year and have been declining since. At home you would have to back the Storm

Croatian Crushers v Hungarian Hulks

Arguably the 2 fairy tale teams, Crotia where the easy beats of the Euro last year but under coach LF they have really lifted. They are starting to build some great talent through the draft and have posted respectable scores the last 2 weeks with 130 (taking out the bashers!!!) and 122 last week in respectable loss to the valks. The Hulks on the other hand have abit of Serbia 2.0 about them with scores of 141 141 162 and looking to go 4-0. i think they will do it.

Belarus Bisons v Russian Roulettes

Belarus typciall go as Rocky goes but Sam Mitchell has been fantastic this year.  Russia is sitting 3-0 and would be the strong favourties but if Rocky and Mitchell can pump a monster at home who knows.

Serbian Eagles v Svalbard Valkyries

Fun fact Serbia is the top scoring team in the comp, not so fun fact (for them) is they are sitting 1-2 and 7th. Geez this team is unlucky, posted a 155 last week and lost and a 143 the week before in another loss. The valks have been good knocking up a solid 2-1 and on the surface should be favourties, but Serbia at home should right the wrongs. This is serbia though Valks could pull a 160 against their leaky defence.

Iceland Polar Bears v Greek Titans

The Polar bears lost top spot by losing to the winless wolves. They will be breathing fire for this weeks game. The titans have been respectable but the bears at home should be too much.

Macedonian Wolves v Belgian Bashers

The wolves have probably been the Freo of the Euro this year, they scraped in a win with a low score last week and come up against the hot and cold bashers. One week the bashers look unbeatable the next they lose to crotia. Which Bashers turns up will determine the outcome. Im tipping a on bashers and an easy win to relegate last years champs to 1-3. At home the wolves will fancy themselves a chance though

Spreadhseet working really well, keep it up everyone
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6tHsoCoO-DT3kIpm1a5u9mS13pHR6pgIMphqAhtpaI/edit?usp=sharing

Ziplock

I think you're underestimating the valks

B: Laird, Spurr, Hurn, Bugg
M: Gaff (C), Adams, Hunter, Ziebell (VC)
R: Hickey
F: Lynch, Johnson, Watts, Higgins
U: Ward, Stevens

E: Kelly (M), Christensen (F), Mckenzie (B), Hanley (R)

We're feeling pretty confident :)
The ultra consistency of Gaff and Adams over the last couple of rounds has been pretty impressive.

Scrads

Wolves

B: KKolo, Duryea, Gibbo, Sutcliffe
M: Ebert, Shiels(VC), Shiel, Masten
R: Stef(C)
F: Gunston, Breust, Daisy, McGlynn
U: Vince, McIntosh

E: S.Gibson(M), Z.Williams(B), Leuy(R/F)

LF

Croatia Crushers

D: Shane Bigg,Sam Gilbert,Jordan Roughead,Jeremy McGovern

M: Rory Sloane(C),Hamish Hartlett(VC),Mitch Wallis,Callum Mills

R: Ben McEvoy         

F: Tom T Lynch,Dean Kent,Shane Edwards,Mitch McGovern

U: Daniel Wells,Kane Lambert

EMG:   Sam Gray,Jamie MacMillan,Chris Mayne   

Bringing in some inform players in and Mitch McGovern making his debut for us this week as well.

Ziplock

ftr, while I know it's not technically necessary, I think we should still make it mandatory that people post their team lists here anyway- it takes 2 seconds, and while nobody in the comp atm would do it, it means that in later years when we have less scrupulous players that people cant just edit their teams post lockout.

T Dog

BELARUS BISON

Def:   Cam O'Shea, Luke Brown, Troy Chaplin, Sean Lemmens
Mid:   Sam Mitchell (C), Tom Rockliff (VC), James Kelly, Luke Dunstan
Ruc:   Brodie Grundy
Fwd:  Jack Darling, Jamie Cripps, Kyle Langford, Alex Fasolo
Uti:    Lachie Weller, Adam Oxley

Emg:  Nick Graham (Mid), Darcy Moore (Fwd), Tim Membrey (Fwd)

Nige

Swiss Storm

D: Tom Langdon, Orazio Fantasia, Matt Dea, Josh Wagner
M: Ollie Wines (c), Shaun Grigg, Kieren Jack, Lewis Jetta
R: Ivan Maric
F: Luke Dahlhaus (vc), Tom Hawkins, Michael Walters, Cam Pedersen
I: Toby McLean, Dion Prestia

E: Jarryn Geary, Jon Ceglar, Matt Taberner, Danyle Pearce

Spite

Quote from: Ziplock on April 29, 2016, 02:52:15 PM
ftr, while I know it's not technically necessary, I think we should still make it mandatory that people post their team lists here anyway- it takes 2 seconds, and while nobody in the comp atm would do it, it means that in later years when we have less scrupulous players that people cant just edit their teams post lockout.

Fair enough but just letting you know, I check the revision history and can see when people make changes to the document online, so I can tell if someone is cheating :)

nostradamus

Russian Roulettes

Defenders
S. Savage, S. Burgoyne, C. Enright, H. Lumumba

Mids
G. Ablett (c), L.Hodge (evc), T. Boak, L. Greenwood

Rucks
K. Tippett

Forwards
T. Greene, D. Zorko, S. Motlop, L. Montagna (vc)

Util
M. Bontempelli, R. Griffen

Emerg: Mayes, Miles, Kreuzer, DeGoey

**we have named an evc because there are clouds over both Ablett and Montagna

Spite

Titans

D: Dane Rampe   Pittard   Tomlinson   Libba (OOP)

M: Hanners (C)   Sidey    Scully   B.Ellis

R: Gawn         

F: Billings   Jack Martin   J Steele   Simpkin

U: Seb Ross (VC)   Coniglio      

EMG: Guthrie   Rhys Stanley    Menadue   Ben Keays

Will replace simpkin with Stanley if simpkin doesn't make the cut

Ziplock

Quote from: Spite on April 29, 2016, 05:49:14 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on April 29, 2016, 02:52:15 PM

Fair enough but just letting you know, I check the revision history and can see when people make changes to the document online, so I can tell if someone is cheating :)

but you'd have to suspect them of cheating to bother :P

Ziplock

Quote from: Ziplock on April 29, 2016, 02:05:13 PM
I think you're underestimating the valks

B: Laird, Spurr, Hurn, Bugg
M: Gaff (C), Adams Hanley, Hunter, Ziebell (VC)
R: Hickey
F: Lynch, Johnson, Watts, Higgins
U: Ward, Stevens

E: Kelly (M), Christensen (F), Mckenzie (B), Hanley Mundy (R)

We're feeling pretty confident :)
The ultra consistency of Gaff and Adams over the last couple of rounds has been pretty impressive.

And of course adams is out

No biggie though, Hanley comes in, Kelly stays as mid E and Mundy goes in as Ruck E

JBs-Hawks

England

Def: Yeo, Butler, Howe, Wood

Mid: Steven (C), Armitage, Zaharakis, Jones

Ruck: Smith

Fwd: Walker, Dixon, Daniher, Dickson

Int: Mitchell, Shuey

Emg: Lonergan, Kennedy, Duggan

LF

Decent start for us that was only dragged down by Roughead

Ziplock

I'll fix up my scores tomoz after my exam- pretty sure I went very averagely #captaingaff

Talk up gaff and Adams consistency and Adams withdraws while gaff has a stinker :p