British XV Round 6 Team and OOP Lodgements and Banter Discussion

Started by GoLions, April 26, 2016, 02:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Round 6 already! Ladder starting to take a bit of shape, with a few surprise risers and fallers.

Obligatory statement:

You have the option of naming full team as well but the following must be lodged in this thread:

1) Emergencies to be recorded in order and any OOP player recorded.  OOP can only come from emergencies and not existing players on field.
2) Emergency Vice Captain

1 is important as UF does not have the capacity to replace a utility with emergency. If you do not name in order then the default position is first named emergency in UF which is usually the defender.  Also remember our rules for replacement of non players which may be relevant this week with a Monday game.
Replacements are done in this order:
If a Utility position player can fill the same position then the utility is promoted to that position and first named available player from emergencies comes onto the Utility position.
If Utility can not fill the position then the emergency from the position will fill the position.

Any changes to match totals for transparency admins will post their adjustments in this thread as well.

Fixture this week:

Some very interesting matchups here!

Breakers vs Leeches - Leeches have surprised a few this year I'd say, and after a very convincing win over the Hawks, would have to be favourites heading into this match. After a great start, the Breakers are starting to fall apart, and desperately need a win here.  On current form, I'd have to go with the Leeches.

Knights vs Hurricanes - How great have the Hurricanes been so far this year? Top of the table, and even ahead of the Werewolves on total points as well! Would take an amazing effort from the Knights to get the win here, and as much as I hope they can get it done, the scoring power of the Hurricanes should be too much.

Badgers vs Giants - After a shocking start, the Badgers have finally found some form, with 3 wins on the trot now. The Giants have shown a fair bit of improvement, but you'd expect the now top 4 placed Badgers to get it done this week. The Badgers will also be hoping for the returns of Tom Nicholls, Dion Prestia, and Sir Daniel of Caleb in the next week or two as well.

Hoods vs Hedgies - If I said the answer was the Hedgies, then there's no surprise that the question I was asked was "Who do you think is THE MOST UNLUCKIEST TEAM of 2016 so far?" 3rd highest on total points, almost topping the Werewolves, and they currently sit 11th on the ladder, with a W/L record of 2-3. I'm expecting the Hedgies to be pushing for a top 4 spot come the end of the year, so should be a regulation win for them against the Hoods, who have dropped off a bit the last few weeks.

Rams vs Hawks - Who would've thought that the premiers of 2015 would currently be 12th after 5 rounds? Oh wait, that was me ;D (rip Nige)
Rams have had their fare share of bad luck though, and round 5 was no exception. So many underperformers, and yet still managed a score of almost 2000. After how the Hawks went last week...an upset by the Rams here wouldn't surprise me. This one could go either way, but if Beams is still out, I think I'll back in the Rams :o

Dragons vs Owls - Probably the match of the round. Dragons have been the big improvers this season, with a number of players who can pull out huge scores, such as Rockliff, T Mitchell, Hall, and Zerrett. When they're all on, that's at least 1000 points banked with one of them as captain. Owls have been a bit of a surprise packet, and the loss of Johannisen could hurt them, and this is why I think the Dragons will just get over the line.

Werewolves vs Bunnies - Bunnies also had a few upsets so far this year, particularly against last years' premiers the Rams. You wouldn't think they could get it done against the Werewolves, although stranger things have happened, especially with no Fyfe now. But you'd back in their other stars in Ablett, Priddis, Gray, Hodge, Dahl, Zorko (etc etc, see what I mean?) to continue the undefeated streak of the Werewolves.

Steins vs Magic - I am honestly concerned about the health and safety of the Magic coach. Leaving Bernie Vince and Paul Puopolopolopolo out of the team cost them what would have been a massive win for them over the Werewolves. Instead, they now sit 13th on the ladder, with just the one win. Now, while the Steins are 15th, this game could still go either way. After tipping the Magic to make the 8 at the start of the season, I'll back them in here, but with not a lot of confidence.

Rusty00

(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 6

Brett Deledio (Huddersfield) 50 games
Dylan Shiel (Huddersfield) 50 games
Steven Motlop (Birmingham) 50 games
Jimmy Bartel (Winchester) 50 games
Jack Darling (Blackpool) 50 games
Lee Spurr (Staines) 50 games
Mark Baguley (Manchester) 50 games
Dion Prestia (Bradford) 50 games
David Zaharakis (Grope Lane) 50 games

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 26, 2016, 03:27:36 PM
(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 6

Brett Deledio (Huddersfield) 50 games
Dylan Shiel (Huddersfield) 50 games
Steven Motlop (Birmingham) 50 games
Jimmy Bartel (Winchester) 50 games
Jack Darling (Blackpool) 50 games
Lee Spurr (Staines) 50 games
Mark Baguley (Manchester) 50 games
Dion Prestia (Bradford) 50 games
David Zaharakis (Grope Lane) 50 games
Cheers Rusty, hopefully Dion is back this week! :D
Makes selection difficult though...

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on April 26, 2016, 02:33:33 PM
ahead of the Werewolves on total points as well!
Based purely on Rusty being super unlucky with captain choices each week :P

Torpedo10

This season has made me cry so far.

We've missed at least two wins due to team choices, and the 8 seems a long way away.

Bags should come back in though, the Blues should leak more points than the Pies.

Torpedo10

Confirmed SEVEN changes made for our matchup against the Steins this week.

A captaincy choice that will go to our highest averaging player too, who may or may not have played last week.  :-[

iZander

Quote from: Torpedo10 on April 26, 2016, 06:50:44 PM

A captaincy choice that will go to our highest averaging player too, who may or may not have played last week.  :-[
Wow, with a mid consisting of guns like Gaff, Ward, Sloane and Eliis who'd of through Vince would be your highest averaging :P

GoLions

Sir Daniel of Caleb set to miss another week :'(

Changes this week looking like:
- Butler in for Cutler :P
- Hurn in for Emac
- Prestia in for Rischitelli
- Nicholls in for Currie
- LeCras in for Cooney

But still no Caleb :'(

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on April 26, 2016, 06:57:17 PM

- Hurn in for Emac
- Nicholls in for Currie
- LeCras in for Cooney

Just as long as he's back for round 7...right? ;)

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on April 26, 2016, 07:02:00 PM

- Hurn in for Emac
- Nicholls in for Currie
- LeCras in for Cooney

He better be! Although my forwards are all going pretty well. Lynch, Caleb, Barlow, Cooney, Lecca, Higgins, and even Fasolooooooo all could get selected on any given week, even pushing out my mids at times so far (*cough*Riska*cough*) :P

Torpedo10

Quote from: iZander on April 26, 2016, 06:56:52 PM

Wow, with a mid consisting of guns like Gaff, Ward, Sloane and Eliis who'd of through Vince would be your highest averaging :P
Thats what I was thinking when I left him out last week.  :'(

Missing Libba too, got too many defenders.  :P

GoLions

Quote from: Torpedo10 on April 26, 2016, 07:21:39 PM

Yeah tbh at this point I kinda wish I still had Tmac haha, 4th defender is killing me, whereas Libba is a utility for me atm and could be dropped for a fwd if he doesn't lift soon...

Torpedo10

Quote from: GoLions on April 26, 2016, 07:38:32 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on April 26, 2016, 07:21:39 PM

Yeah tbh at this point I kinda wish I still had Tmac haha, 4th defender is killing me, whereas Libba is a utility for me atm and could be dropped for a fwd if he doesn't lift soon...
Need a redo? Haha
At least Poppy is looking good, unlike that spud Harry Cunningham.  ::)

GoLions

Quote from: GoLions on April 26, 2016, 07:04:08 PM
Quote from: iZander on April 26, 2016, 07:02:00 PM

- Hurn in for Emac
- Nicholls in for Currie
- LeCras in for Cooney

He better be! Although my forwards are all going pretty well. Lynch, Caleb, Barlow, Cooney, Lecca, Higgins, and even Fasolooooooo all could get selected on any given week, even pushing out my mids at times so far (*cough*Riska*cough*) :P
And now that I think about it...Swans are playing the Lions in what will likely be an absolute smashing...Tommy Papley could make his debut for the Badgers after an impressive score of 150 this week :o

Rusty00

Quote from: iZander on April 26, 2016, 06:20:51 PM
Quote from: GoLions on April 26, 2016, 02:33:33 PM
ahead of the Werewolves on total points as well!
Based purely on Rusty being super unlucky with captain choices each week :P
I looked through the Hurricanes team this morning from the weekend and you have a really good consistent team across all positions, better than the Werewolves I reckon (cough..crap rucks..cough). The Werewolves issue in the past is once we have lost 1 or 2 of our guns the depth hasn't stood up. With Fyfe now gone i think we're well and truly back to the pack with teams like Hurricanes, Hawks, Badgers, Hedgies,etc.