Main Menu

EXV Round 3

Started by Holz, April 21, 2016, 11:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

English Lions v Spanish Stallions

927 with Zaharakis (C) to come v 957 with Parish and Baguley to come.

what an exciting game, will come right down to the wire Spain with a 30 point lead and basically 2 v 2, you would think Zahar should be able to pull the home team over the line

Hungarian Hulks    v Swedish Metal

1287 + Treloar (C) + Cooney v 1073 + Gleeson + Varcoe

Hulks are flying its still mathematically possible but this game is over.

Russian Roulettes v Swiss Storm

1333 + Greenwood v 1005 + Langdon + Fantasia + Dea

barring a greenwood injury and 3 fluke scores from the storm its over.

Svalbard Valkyries v Croatian Crushers

1294 + Adams v 1225

with Crotia none left to play the Valk's pick up a win

Greek Titans v Belarus Bison

1187 + Sidey (C) v 712 + Kelly + Oxley + Grundy + Langford + Fasolo

Bison have 5 left to play but Sidey should make the goal unreachable

Belgian Bashers    v Serbian Eagles

1501 + Bird v 1315 + Pendles + Goddard

in a very high scoring affair, Belgium should be too good. however Pendles and Goddard could do something amazing here and bird going cold is certainly a possibility. I think the HGA from Belgium will pull them over the line

Macedonian Wolves v Iceland Polar Bears

1206 + 1122 + Merrett

what an exciting match up. Its the reigning champs and current last place holders v the top of the table Bears. Its a low scoring affair and Merret needs 84 to pick up the win. You would imagine its a decent shot. Im tipping Merett to make the wolves 0-3

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on April 24, 2016, 10:06:38 PM
Quote from: Spite on April 24, 2016, 09:46:19 PM
I named an emergency defender who also didn't play... so do I get my first emergency as OOP or a donut?

OOP I'm pretty sure- we only named them in position to avoid confusion really.

I'm just going to float the concept of a midseason rule reintroduction starting next round (or, if people have a massive issue with a rule change midseason, starting next year I guess). I know the subs have been removed, but I think they still have some form of purpose in euros to mitigate for injuries like the red vest- players were only subbed off before half time if they were injured (even if a player was useless they wouldn't be subbed until the second half), and we still have that happening, nothing has really changed since the removal of the sub.

I reckon put the sub back in for if a player doesn't score after half time- there's very few (if any?) cases of a fit player not scoring a point in the second half, so it basically just covers those injuries at the start of the game that rules someone else out for the rest of the match.

Obviously not implementable until next round, but it's just flowering annoying in a  draft game with only 15 players on field, and injury in the first half wrecks a team so much more than in normal fantasy formats.

Holz, your call I guess (or you can take it to a vote if you're on the fence).

OOP and we will review at season end.

Nige

Quote from: Holz on April 25, 2016, 12:23:48 PM
Russian Roulettes v Swiss Storm

1333 + Greenwood v 1005 + Langdon + Fantasia + Dea

barring a greenwood injury and 3 fluke scores from the storm its over.
Well, we have Langdon out and being replaced by Geary. But it's over, Orazio might ton and Dea might score surprisingly well, but he won't get anywhere near enough.

Ziplock

Quote from: Holz on April 25, 2016, 12:24:19 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on April 24, 2016, 10:06:38 PM
Quote from: Spite on April 24, 2016, 09:46:19 PM
I named an emergency defender who also didn't play... so do I get my first emergency as OOP or a donut?

OOP I'm pretty sure- we only named them in position to avoid confusion really.

I'm just going to float the concept of a midseason rule reintroduction starting next round (or, if people have a massive issue with a rule change midseason, starting next year I guess). I know the subs have been removed, but I think they still have some form of purpose in euros to mitigate for injuries like the red vest- players were only subbed off before half time if they were injured (even if a player was useless they wouldn't be subbed until the second half), and we still have that happening, nothing has really changed since the removal of the sub.

I reckon put the sub back in for if a player doesn't score after half time- there's very few (if any?) cases of a fit player not scoring a point in the second half, so it basically just covers those injuries at the start of the game that rules someone else out for the rest of the match.

Obviously not implementable until next round, but it's just flowering annoying in a  draft game with only 15 players on field, and injury in the first half wrecks a team so much more than in normal fantasy formats.

Holz, your call I guess (or you can take it to a vote if you're on the fence).

OOP and we will review at season end.

yeah, sweet, fair enough for not having a midseason change :P

Hellopplz

1206 + 1122 + Merrett

what an exciting match up. Its the reigning champs and current last place holders v the top of the table Bears. Its a low scoring affair and Merret needs 84 to pick up the win. You would imagine its a decent shot. Im tipping Merett to make the wolves 0-3
Jinxed it Holz :(.

Holz

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 25, 2016, 07:50:30 PM

1206 + 1122 + Merrett

dam poor poor Iceland so terribly sad.

the team who stole my grand final and the only one higher then me on the ladder.

as HP would say

Mwuaahahahahahhah

Holz

English Lions   109 defeated Spanish Stallions 103
Hungarian Hulks   162   defeated Swedish Metal   107
Russian Roulettes   133   defeated Swiss Storm   119
Svalbard Valkyries   140   defeated Croatian Crushers   123
Greek Titans   148   defeated Belarus Bisons   120
Belgian Bashers   160   defeated Serbian Eagles   155
Macedonian Wolves 121 defeated   Iceland Polar Bears   119

In an amazing week all home teams won. Bashers v Eagles was a super high scoring affair and the bashers just came out on top. The wolves clinched their first win after merrett was unable to deliver for the top placed Bears. The lions have been super disapointing and scraped in a win against the stallions with the 3rd lowest score of the round. The Hulks are scaring the competion with flashbacks of serbia who went from spoon to top in a year, bottom 4 last year and now the top scoring team of the week.

Spite

Slight guthrie error which I have changed, decreased by score by 42. No change to result

Ziplock

some massive scores there guys  (and some really average ones :P)

Still came out with a comfortable win, could have been a bit better without christensens injury though :(

nrich102

Faaaaaaaaaaaark RIP Serbia

Hellopplz

Quote from: Holz on April 25, 2016, 07:58:33 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on April 25, 2016, 07:50:30 PM

1206 + 1122 + Merrett

dam poor poor Iceland so terribly sad.

the team who stole my grand final and the only one higher then me on the ladder.

as HP would say

Mwuaahahahahahhah
Worst.
Evil Laugh.
Ever.

elephants

Atto

Quote from: nrich102 on April 26, 2016, 06:12:27 PM

Sweden lost by 10 times the amount you did. Where's our sympathy? ;)

Holz

Quote from: Atto on April 27, 2016, 01:11:59 PM

playing the Hulks you wont get any :P

nrich102

Quote from: Atto on April 27, 2016, 01:11:59 PM

No Sandi, No Watson, No Hibberd
Z Clarke, Weller, Malceski

Thats an easy 200 points lost right there from just 3 players.

1-2 for a team that should be wining grand finals is a piss poor effort and we need to improve!