Main Menu

Weeks for May

Started by Ziplock, April 18, 2016, 09:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Been having a debate over this with a couple of mates

One blokes reckons anything over 5 is a travesty.

Most of us think he'll be made an example of and cop 5-8.

It was definitely intentional contact, high contact and high impact. I think they'll say the head high was intentional as he left the ground, in which case he's flowered.

The same bloke who thinks sub 5 says that he he cops 6+ then Mumford should have copped 2 for his hit on Duncan.

Anyway, thoughts?

nrich102

5-6 I think. Anyones guess tho

GoLions

5-6, plus another for bad record, plus another because that bad record includes his hit on Rocky last year and flowering up my SC :P

Ringo

May got 3 weeks last year for his bump on Rocky which a lot thought aty the time was harsh given both going for the ball.  However with May in this case already passed the ball and with deliberate intent think he will go for 5+

JBs-Hawks

I thought it was a sick hit!

GoLions

Ziplock

He got really lucky they gave him careless and not intentional... he left the ground pre-bump, I'm really surprised they didn't slam him.

I know that rules change in a matter of weeks, but I still remember JZ getting slammed for an intentional bump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4ySTzFeW5g

when he was contesting the ball because it was a 'non serious attempt' (even though he actually had hands on the ball.

nrich102

If that was 4 weeks then May is very lucky and should be at 8 weeks imo.

Who sits in Gold Coasts backline this week? Will RT or The Cannon be back or will they play some other spud?

Ziplock

McKenzie if he's fit you'd think

Ringo

Quote from: Ziplock on April 20, 2016, 02:57:43 AM
RT is still on their injured list.  They may though Clay Cameron back down in defence if needing another tall.

Agree that May is very lucky with charge as careless not intentional.  Video shows him leaping up before contact so if that is not intentional do not know what is.  And yes imo very similar to the Ziebell one.

Toga

5 seems about right IMO

Ziplock

Quote from: Ringo on April 20, 2016, 09:23:44 AM
RT is still on their injured list.  They may though Clay Cameron back down in defence if needing another tall.

Agree that May is very lucky with charge as careless not intentional.  Video shows him leaping up before contact so if that is not intentional do not know what is.  And yes imo very similar to the Ziebell one.

I thought it was so much worse than the JZ one- Ziebell was jumping to get the ball in a contest,  May was just looking to lay out his opponent.

Anyway, 5 weeks is a lucky result for him- seems in line though with what they gave Cameron, so at least it was consistent :P

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ziplock on April 20, 2016, 12:49:43 PM
Quote from: Ringo on April 20, 2016, 09:23:44 AM

I thought it was so much worse than the JZ one- Ziebell was jumping to get the ball in a contest,  May was just looking to lay out his opponent.

Anyway, 5 weeks is a lucky result for him- seems in line though with what they gave Cameron, so at least it was consistent :P

Well thats because the JZ one was bullshower