Mid pricers ok, but in moderation

Started by Sweet Chilli, April 09, 2016, 10:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Chilli

I think this year, more than most, we saw a huge amount of mid priced players. Some coming back from injury, others changing clubs. The biggest issue was how many to put in your team. As I'm sure many of you have seen, at the start of the year there were entire teams put together full only of mid pricers in all positions. A lot of this was based on the NAB series. And so many of he mid priced players were overperforming due to not all the premiums being in the team yet. Therefore so many of them are now not attending as many centre bounces etc. It does make such a big difference to their scores.

Once again though we have seen that not all of them have turned out how we would've liked. This leaves many of you with dilemmas. Do I downgrade to an up and coming cheaper rookie, who is probably scoring the same with a lower break even. Yes, if you have the luxury of those trades, do it. Make some money at the same time as getting the same amount of points.

There has been some great mid priced players, don't get me wrong. Hunter, Merrett, Kerridge, Wells, Johannssen etc. But hard to have them all in your team and still have enough premiums for the major points. Keep looking out for more value to add to your teams as the season goes on. Good luck