Main Menu

2016 Home and Away

Started by frenzy, March 30, 2016, 06:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenzy

Round one, done and dusted, we had a win for a change. Crows are always a challenge for us, but a wins a win. 107 - 97 :)
We always seem to struggle with the monster full forwards, for some reason. They get a hold of us and we can't stop them. Watch us play Cloke into form when we play the Pies, Lol.

On a sour note we lost Jed Anderson for 8 - 10 weeks with a hammy tendon. :'( Probably Sugar will be his replacement this week.

Ringo

On a winner both ways this weekend as North Melbourne were the team I supported before Brisbane came into the comp.  Have see 5 premierships so far from both teams.

roo boys!

Holz

feeling really optomistic about us this year probably the most since 2000.

Wells Waite looking good and the rest of the squad is clicking.

finishing top 4 should be the goal to try and make prelims the easy way.

frenzy

Round two, and we had a win against Brisbane. 117 - 83. Brad Scott said you might aswell play in the rain it was that hot and slippery the footy. Might account for the two dozen dropped marks we had, but then again, didn't see Brissy drop any. Both teams were showerhaus kicking for goal.  Lindsay Thomas has kicked 1 goal this season, hope he don't have the "yips" back, missed some easy shots.

Special mention this week to Lachy Hansen, who got a late call up for Scotty Thompson. If op teams don't allow him to be that plus one or floater in the backline, then this man cannot get a kick.

Enough negativity by me, I was impressed by big Benny Brown's game on the weekend. I thought he worked hard and looked like he wanted to be out there. And Taylor Garner laid some good tackles, these boys are our future.

Did anyone see Werribee take on Aust. Academy ? on friday afternoon? I like Durdin, he will be good.  :D and Hibberd and Clarke  ;D

PowerBug

This is one team I reckon can knock of Hawthorn when it matters. Robbed by the Umps in Blue and Gold in that prelim last year, make top 4 and you guys can certainly go all the way. Really rate North :)

frenzy

Round three; Winning ugly, but still winning. Survived the shootout with the Dees 136-131. Probably 10 other teams wish they were winning ugly atm. We actually got murdered at the stoppages and clearances this week and was lucky to get away with it in the end. Jack Ziebell's 19 tackles was huge and I would like to know the last time a ruckman kicked 5 goals.

Taylor Garner pinged a hamstring again for about the fifth time in his short career. So will miss 2-3.  :(

Holz

feeling good.

best ruck in the comp
midfield above average with some call added by wells on the outside
best tagger in the comp
forward line looking deadly with waite petrie combo

stopping key forwards my only issue.

_wato

Quote from: Holz on April 13, 2016, 11:00:31 AM
feeling good.

best ruck in the comp
best tagger in the comp

The most important part of the team is the defence and it's the one place where I'd say North has a slight deficiency for sure. Imagine if you guys had a really good KPD like Rance. Wow you'd have all the boxes ticked.

Holz

Quote from: _wato on April 13, 2016, 02:51:57 PM
feeling good.

best ruck in the comp
best tagger in the comp

The most important part of the team is the defence and it's the one place where I'd say North has a slight deficiency for sure. Imagine if you guys had a really good KPD like Rance. Wow you'd have all the boxes ticked.

We used to in Scott Thompson.

but yeah with Rance i would have us favorite for the flag.

_wato

What happened to Thompson? 2-3 years ago and previous he was an attacking KPD that would beat his opponents + hurt you the other way.

Now nothing.

frenzy

Quote from: Holz on April 13, 2016, 03:42:49 PM
Quote from: _wato on April 13, 2016, 02:51:57 PM
feeling good.

best ruck in the comp
best tagger in the comp

We used to in Scott Thompson.

but yeah with Rance i would have us favorite for the flag.

Josh Gibson??? don't get me started, damn it, Lol.

And then there's Grima, UGHHHHH

Big Mac

feeling good.

best ruck in the comp
best tagger in the comp

Just saying, Melbourne won the contested possession count by 32

Surely that's a little cause for concern?

Holz

Quote from: Big  Mac on April 13, 2016, 07:55:48 PM
feeling good.

best ruck in the comp
best tagger in the comp

Just saying, Melbourne won the contested possession count by 32

Surely that's a little cause for concern?

not really its a game we normally would lose. doing enough to win the games.

_wato

And Gawn monstered Goldy in the ruck. Goldy beat him around the ground though.

Also concerning. Didn't Gawn have over 20 HOTA?